• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maka2000
    • May 2015
    • sydney

Winch-wheel

that's looks good, has anyone used this sort of winch ? or why they are not in market these days?

Speed Society is the largest automotive enthusiast based streetwear brand, car giveaway, media platform, and car club membership in the world.

cheers

mak
  • pugsley1967
    • May 2015
    • Thornlie WA

they are still available. they are called the bush winch.

not sure what they are like. I would also be interested to hear from someone who has used one in the real world.
    2005 GLS 3.2 Auto.
    2" lift with Lovell's,
    Bushskinz intercooler, sump & trans guards.
    X-Rox bar with winch on the way,
    auxiliary tank, rear air bags,
    2micron secondary fuel filter,
    turbo timer, HID spots,
    LED light bar, UHF radio.

Comment

• maka2000
      • May 2015
      • sydney

I've just found some info on this
      The Bush Winch is a self-recovery system for 4WDs and 2WDs. It was created for the modern adventurer looking for a simple, reliable and portable winch system.

someone says it's US $420 whole kit plus shipping costs, not worth to get one, add $400 more and get electric winch installed.

Comment

• maka2000
        • May 2015
        • sydney

yeah, me too, what to hear if it works and compatible with the alloy wheels and the rest of stuff anyone can add to it.

Comment

• Smiderman
          • Mar 2013
          • Brisbane

I don't like the concept particularly for a solid axle, It would have to put a massive amount of lateral strain on the axle and suspension particularly if only one winch drum is used. Under that scenario the wheel with the drum would want to pull forward (assuming winching from in front of the vehicle) whilst the wheel on the other end of the axle would tend to want to move towards the rear of the vehicle. Obviously if both wheels had drums attached then in that case both wheels would want to head towards the anchor point. Reckon the suspension and relative anchoring points of the drive line are designed to bear the strain of the vehicle and trailer moving and stopping. Clearly a skull drag weight would easily exceed that ie normal winch 10000 pound (about 4500kg) reckon and serious bog would have the axle looking the axles of a matchbox car that's been stood but with nasty toe in rather that a crazy camber.

Think I'll stick with a winch anchored to something engineered to carry the strain not one anchored to the wheels
          Last edited by Smiderman; 23-12-15, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

The company web site states that the Bush Winch is compatible with alloy wheels, and specifically for a Pajero. But check out the comment by "whizzo" at http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/vi...?f=21&t=122807 (6th comment on the page). Personally, I'm saving up for a Warn and packing my MaxTrax until then.
            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• ausGeoff
              • Nov 2015
              • Australia

Originally posted by Smiderman View Post
              ...Under that scenario the wheel with the drum would want to pull forward (assuming winching from in front of the vehicle) whilst the wheel on the other end of the axle would tend to want to move towards the rear of the vehicle...

Think I'll stick with a winch anchored to something engineered to carry the strain not one anchored to the wheels
              Agree. You're putting all the applied loading way off centre of the optimal recovery point—ideally along the longitudinal centreline of the vehicle. I can see all sorts of unintended induced skewing stresses in the rear axle/suspension assembly. All looks very Mickey Mouse to me.

And, contrary to what the bloke says in the video, I'd never use one of these things on the front wheels!
              Last edited by ausGeoff; 24-12-15, 07:52 PM.
              2006 Falcon XR8 BOSS 260 ute.
              1999 NL Pajero GLS, LWB, 3.5 V6, auto, stock std.
              [SOLD]

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X