• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

2019 Triton

Tokyo, October 15, 2018 – For 40 years, Mitsubishi Motors has been building tough pickups. More than 4.7 million TRITONs/L200s have been made and are trusted by owners all over the world to help drive their ambition, with smart capabilities combined with car-like comfort. It's almost time to reveal the next chapter in the TRITON story. Designed to be "Engineered Beyond Tough", the new model has enhanced performance, functionality, durability, safety and refinement. It has been proven by tough, real-world durability testing and developed using feedback from owners across the world. Discover the tough new TRITON on November 9th.
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • bigdave
    • Apr 2010
    • Adelaide SA

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
    Tokyo, October 15, 2018 – For 40 years, Mitsubishi Motors has been building tough pickups. More than 4.7 million TRITONs/L200s have been made and are trusted by owners all over the world to help drive their ambition, with smart capabilities combined with car-like comfort. It's almost time to reveal the next chapter in the TRITON story. Designed to be "Engineered Beyond Tough", the new model has enhanced performance, functionality, durability, safety and refinement. It has been proven by tough, real-world durability testing and developed using feedback from owners across the world. Discover the tough new TRITON on November 9th.
    “Enhanced pweformance” So are we going to see a bit more (low down) torque for better heavy towing, and also the 8sp auto from the PS?
    Does “functionality” mean it will come with less rear overhang which would make it a better tow vehicle and better 4wd with improved departure angle (yes cut 200mm off the tray length). If the answers are yes, i will try to convince “Mrs Bigdave”.
    Cheers,
    Bigdave

Parted ways with my 2010 PB Manual after 9 years of reliable motoring...
    Icom 440 Remote UHF, 130AH AGM in rear, Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, Bridgestone D697s, HR Towbar, Kings KCRS-23 springs / Pedders 5899. Single axle 18' Caravan with muddies & good clearance - ATM 2.5T/Ball weight 250kg

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Wonder if it will look like a little like this

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

And a bit more
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• MTN-KAT
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Gold Coast

The Athlete 4D 4x4 starts from 761,000 Thai Baht. That's AU $32,753.61. Manuel no doubt. With an auto tranny (eight speed?), front bar, side rails, periscope, towbar, winch etc it will be around 50k.
          Now if they have been listening to our friend 'Old Jack' over the years, this Triton may just be a good package. Could replace the Challenger. Cheers.
          99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

• Pickle
            Administrator
            • Jun 2007
            • All over Oz

The New TRITON/L200 features many detail improvements, directed by the Engineered Beyond Tough development keyphrase, to the durability and reliability sought in commercial use and to the comfort and ride sought in private use.
            Braking performance and feel are improved with the use of larger front discs and caliper pistons;
            Ride is improved with the use of larger rear dampers which contain more damping oil;
            Changing to a 6-speed A/T from the current 5-speed A/T to allow smoother, more powerful acceleration and improved refinement.

4WD System Gives Enhanced All-terrain Performance
            New TRITON/L200 4WD models are fitted with either Super-Select 4WD, which delivers optimum traction and handling characteristics for any given surface, or Easy-Select 4WD, which simplifies switching between drive modes for different road surfaces. With the addition of new drive modes, both 4WD systems deliver improved off-road performance.
            New Off-road Mode
            Both Super-Select and Easy-Select 4WD systems use a new Off-road Mode which has GRAVEL, MUD/SNOW, SAND and ROCK (in 4LLc only) settings. When engaged, Off-road Mode integrally controls engine power, transmission and braking to regulate the amount of wheel slip and thereby maximize all-terrain performance and self-extraction performance in mud or snow.
            Hill Descent Control
            Vehicle speed is electronically controlled to allow the driver to negotiate steep or slippery descents more safely and with more assurance.

3. Active Safety / Driver Assistance Systems
            New TRITON/L200 retains the current model's high-durability, high-reliability ladder-type frame and high impact-safety cabin structure while featuring class-leading advanced active safety and driver assistance systems.
            Systems providing all-direction safety and reassurance are:

Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM), which can detect vehicles and pedestrians ahead;
            Blind Spot Warning (BSW with LCA), which helps avoid sideswiping another vehicle when changing lanes by detecting vehicles behind or at the rear quarter and alerting the driver with an audible alert and flashing light in their door mirror;
            Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) which, in the same way, helps avoid collisions when reversing;
            Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System (UMS) which reduces accidents resulting from improper use of the accelerator when moving off or reversing in car parks and other confined spaces.

Providing convenient driver assistance are the Multi Around Monitor, which generates a bird's eye view image of the area around the vehicle, and Parking Sensors.

The Story Here

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

And a news story here.

It's sounding like a worthwhile improvement over the current model, but the engine specs aren't anything to get excited about. Looks OK against the Hilux, but far from class leading.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2016
                • Greater Sydney

Looks like a handbrake lever between the seats in the interior shot.

Comment

• bigdave
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Adelaide SA

Interesting they have opted for a new six speeder auto. One wonders why the 8 speed from the PS wasn’t given the gig? Were they worried about its strength given the extra 500kg GCM the Triton has over the PS? Or maybe just cost?
                  Cheers,
                  Bigdave

Parted ways with my 2010 PB Manual after 9 years of reliable motoring...
                  Icom 440 Remote UHF, 130AH AGM in rear, Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, Bridgestone D697s, HR Towbar, Kings KCRS-23 springs / Pedders 5899. Single axle 18' Caravan with muddies & good clearance - ATM 2.5T/Ball weight 250kg

Comment

• koshari
                    • Oct 2018
                    • gippsland

Originally posted by bigdave View Post
                    “Enhanced pweformance” So are we going to see a bit more (low down) torque for better heavy towing, and also the 8sp auto from the PS?
                    Does “functionality” mean it will come with less rear overhang which would make it a better tow vehicle and better 4wd with improved departure angle (yes cut 200mm off the tray length). If the answers are yes, i will try to convince “Mrs Bigdave”.
                    so your basically describing the mighty ML minus the 8sp auto.?
                    Last edited by koshari; 11-11-18, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• tomwithannl
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2010
                      • Maria Coast Tasmania.

Spotted this this morning.

1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
                      1953 Morris Minor ute
                      1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
                      2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

• 1_johnboy
                        • Sep 2012
                        • Gippsland

I took a GLX for a drive and must say the new 6 speed is much better than the 5. It or the "new tune" seems to have helped a lot with the turbo lag. Power levels seem the same.

Passenger seat shakes have not been fixed, still wobbly. Suspension feels a little more sorted and less fidgety. Build quilty overall does not seem to have improved.

I was considering trading up from my MQ GLS, but with all the changes - it really doesn't seem much of an improvement.

You still need to buy the GLS + (formally the exceed) to get a diff lock!!

I'm told for the first 6 months* the triton will come with a 7-year 150k warranty which is a big win - but the servicing cost is likely to increase.

Comment

• Stinky
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Gladstone, qld

Spent half an hour at the local Mitsy dealer yesterday having a look at the GLS and GLS +. They are are really good looking ute. Out of the current crop of dual cabs, I reckon these are right up there if you were buying on looks alone. Inside was nice. Can't justify one being in the driveway unfortunately. Got a modded current model Paj so don't really need 2 4x4s. I did mention to Wifey that it would be great for taking the 3 race bikes to bmx with a rack across the tub instead of using the Paj and her Mazda when we all train together. She agreed, but she wouldn't agree to outlaying more cash for another car as we'd only got her new Mazda 18 months ago. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I can't even sneak the Mazda down and trade it in as I put it in her name when we got it. I wonder if I can forge her signature...........hmmmmmm.
                          Cheers, Mike.
                          The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
                          My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X