Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Adelaide to Cape York in July, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coolsilverpaj
    • Aug 2012
    • Wallaroo, SA

Adelaide to Cape York in July, any suggestions?

Hi All I am planning a trip from Adelaide to Cape York in July as part of a group of four 4wd's. I have had the NS from new and it has now done 124,000km and have done most of the normal upgrades, suspension, snorkel, roo bar, winch, tyres, uhf, draws, twin batteries, bash plates etc. It has also had the inlet manifold upgrade, map sensor and turbo boost sensor replaced under warranty in the last 12 months. Has anyone got any other suggested mods, things to check on the car or spares other than than the obvious that I should have done or take? Is there any electrical connections under the car that should be waterproofed (silicone), are the factory diff breathers good enough, should the gearbox breather be modified etc? Any input appreciated.
    ARB Deluxe bar, 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 2 inch lift Old Man Emu Suspension, Poly Airs, Dual batteries, Cooper AT3's,UHF, Home made drawers, Engel 40ltr Fridge and slide, Bush skinz underbody protection, extended breathers, 3 inch exhaust, Windcheeter roof rack, Roof top tent, 81ltr Long Range Automotive tank.
  • green monster
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Adelaide

Suggestions ?,
    Yes take me with you,, I'm a skilled electrician and a handy mechanic, great sense of humour and I get on well with others , also I can cook anything over a camp fire ,,,
    Pm for my number
    Regards Cameron
    NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• green monster
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • Adelaide

Sorry,,,
      Water storage, good camp lighting, zip ties, bits of cable an old metal coat hanger, fix a leak sachet, tyre plug kit ( coopers,,,) bug spray,loo roll, flour,,, lots of flour something to cook scones in,, trust me , you will be very popular in your group when you start cooking fresh scones and bread rolls for breakfast, don't even take coffee as I guarantee your fellow campers will sort it for you,, as a trade.
      Hmm what else, beer as it get more expensive the farther north you get,
      Hat and more beer,,
      Have fun
      Cam
      NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• pasniny
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2009

I always take

Spare fuel filter
        Can or 2 of liqui molly diesel purge and clear tube ect to clean injectors should you fill up with bad fuel
        Spare scv / map sensor

Comment

• bigmitsu
          • Nov 2011
          • Redcliffe

Rear bumper protection and maybe swap your side steps for sliders or cheap ebay ones you can throw away afterwards.
          Met up with a member last year on the OTL and his NS handled it extremely well but did trash his rear bumper and one sidestep.

You will have a blast.

Cheers

Darryl
          2009 RX TD Auto - EFS suspension , Mickey T's STZ, Narva spotties, UHF with more on the wishlist, and now towing a 1999 Evernew Tandem van.

Comment

• brianwanless
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2008
            • Mackay Nth Qld

Spare fuel and air filter, lot of dust. You need diff and gearbox breathers, especially if you get stuck in a water crossing. Any after market additions need to be strong and have any loose wiring zip tied or taped. Many Ks of corragations can do terrible things. If everything is mechanically sound, most problems that happen seem to be electrical. Plus what the others have suggested. Beware of speed and the corragations before and after a bend, saw a guy in a 4wd try to overtake a truck before a bend, realised he was going too fast, hit the brakes and rolled about 4 times and nearly killed himself and passenger. The track to the top of the cape is getting busier every year, so you will have plenty of company. Enjoy. Brian.
            NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Do your research on alcohol restrictions in the various communities, and plan well. Used to be big fines for seemingly trivial breaches.

NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• coolsilverpaj
                • Aug 2012
                • Wallaroo, SA

Thanks guys. Definately some things in the replies I did not think of so very helpful. I'll have to stick with the side steps I have as I bent and bowed both of them at Loveday 4x4 park last weekend!! I was with an older Triton and a new Colerado and the Pajero easily showed them both up. The MATT on the Pajero is awesome when you have one (or two opposing) wheels in the air, it just keeps going. Thanks for the offers to come along and cook, but I don't know how good you look in an apron! LOL.

Eric
                ARB Deluxe bar, 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 2 inch lift Old Man Emu Suspension, Poly Airs, Dual batteries, Cooper AT3's,UHF, Home made drawers, Engel 40ltr Fridge and slide, Bush skinz underbody protection, extended breathers, 3 inch exhaust, Windcheeter roof rack, Roof top tent, 81ltr Long Range Automotive tank.

Comment

• conquistador
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • sth east queensland

Check the car each morning with a spanner. anything that rattles will eventually break.

Our breakages on 3 vehicles included a side step, a brake line, Suspension bush, battery bracket, battery, a can of xxxx that rubbed through, a engineered tow point that let go when snatching out of creek, a few camp chairs, 3 tyres , the entire swivel hub assembly on a troopy and my fishing reel.

Comment

• jawk
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • Australia

Originally posted by brianwanless View Post
                    Spare fuel and air filter, lot of dust. You need diff and gearbox breathers, especially if you get stuck in a water crossing. Any after market additions need to be strong and have any loose wiring zip tied or taped. Many Ks of corragations can do terrible things. If everything is mechanically sound, most problems that happen seem to be electrical. Plus what the others have suggested. Beware of speed and the corragations before and after a bend, saw a guy in a 4wd try to overtake a truck before a bend, realised he was going too fast, hit the brakes and rolled about 4 times and nearly killed himself and passenger. The track to the top of the cape is getting busier every year, so you will have plenty of company. Enjoy. Brian.
                    We're off in July for 8 wks !! Heading to Cape as well.

The comment about aftermarket add ons is a good one.

The only one im concerned about is the HID kit I did couple years ago - Wondering how the vibes will affect the filament (if there is one) and the little transformer thingos...?

Comment

• tar
                      • Dec 2011
                      • brisbane

were up there june july as well might see u up there
                      2011 RX Warm white, Stereo upgrade, Towbar, Tinting, Interior Protection, Paint Protection, Electronic Rust, TJM Sump Guard, bonnet protector, 75w HID spotties, 2'' Bilstein and kings, airtec snorkel, Cooper At3, uniden uhf, custom rear lighting, colour coded deluxe bull bar, piranha battery tray with abr isolator ... more to come

Towing: Jimboomba Camper trailer

Comment

• psproule
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Googong, NSW

Depending on which route you are taking, I'd be swapping out the Cooper ATR's for some off-road tyres (which Cooper have admitted to me on occasion that the ATR's are not). I'd also consider a long-range tank.
                        2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                        2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• coolsilverpaj
                          • Aug 2012
                          • Wallaroo, SA

All the literature says diesel is readily available, is this correct?

Comment

• buckster
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Adelaide

Ill be up there as well in july. I have just put steel rims on mine with some cooper STT.
                            Gold VRX Family Pack, Genuine alloy bull bar, super cibie oscar +, Yokohama ATX

Comment

• coolsilverpaj
                              • Aug 2012
                              • Wallaroo, SA

I ended up buying another 17inch alloy from the wreckers so I will have two spares already mounted. When are you leaving, we take off on the 6th.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X