• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smoke
    • May 2019
    • TRINITY BEACH

NS Pajero diesel exhaust/DPF

Hi lads,

after a lot of reading decided to create a profile, it's all been very helpful, this forum helped me heaps on deciding to buy an Pajero NS Diesel Auto last year.

My DPF light is flashing, which is a problem a lot of owners have, my car doesn't seem to do the forced regen process so got quoted 600 bucks at the dealership for a DPF flush. I actually thinking about installing a 3" exhaust with DPF delete pipe and EGR block, I read that it's needed to do the regen first to be able to remove engine fault codes and after that install the new exhaust system. Is this neccesary because i'm not keen on spending 600 bucks for nothing for the flush if i don't have to.

Thanks guys
  • Retnaburn
    • Apr 2017
    • Melbourne

Welcome to the forum mate.
    Crap 600 for a forced regen ?
    Find someone with a mutIII get them to do the regen for you then swap out your oil and throw in a delete pipe and as long as you let it complete the passive regens properly after the delete pipes installed you shouldnt ever see the dpf light again you also need to loop the tubes to the dpf pressure sensor in the engine bay theres a how to on this forum.
    Happy Posting 👍
    Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
    Kj Verada Gtv Current
    Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

• Smoke
      • May 2019
      • TRINITY BEACH

Cheers mate,

yeah 600 for forced regen and oil change, sounds a bit steep.

Thanks I will look into it, maybe I will install the delete pipe on the standard exhaust but I saw a 3" stainless steel one for 600 so that seems like a good deal.

Comment

• Retnaburn
        • Apr 2017
        • Melbourne

If its the ppd performance exhaust you will need a cat welded onto the pipe as they dont come with one if you go down the new exhaust route you will also need to get resistors for the dpf & cat temp sensors otherwise it wont do burns as the egt will be to low unless you get it tuned but thats pricy
        Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
        Kj Verada Gtv Current
        Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

• Ash4224
          • Apr 2013
          • Karratha wa

Hey mate I’ve just had DPF Issues with the light flashing and in limp mode. I used the Icarsoft CR pro to force a regen and that worked and cleared the limp home mode.
          I believe the icarsoft HNM2 also forces a regen. My code was a DPF overloaded if it has a different code I can’t be sure if it will clear the code.

Comment

• Smoke
            • May 2019
            • TRINITY BEACH

Originally posted by Ash4224 View Post
            Hey mate I’ve just had DPF Issues with the light flashing and in limp mode. I used the Icarsoft CR pro to force a regen and that worked and cleared the limp home mode.
            I believe the icarsoft HNM2 also forces a regen. My code was a DPF overloaded if it has a different code I can’t be sure if it will clear the code.
            Thanks, so you did a manual regen with that device? I better find someone who has one who can do it for me because I want to install a 3" exhaust system with DPF delete. So hopefully won't need it anymore after that. I still need to reset my flashing light before I change my exhaust over tho.

Speaking about exhausts, what is the best 3 inch system with a perfect fit? I read the King Brown system is pretty good has good fit, I want an easy to install system preferrably. Good low grunt and no droning.

Comment

• muzzy
              • Feb 2008
              • Sydney

Originally posted by Retnaburn View Post
              If its the ppd performance exhaust you will need a cat welded onto the pipe as they dont come with one if you go down the new exhaust route you will also need to get resistors for the dpf & cat temp sensors otherwise it wont do burns as the egt will be to low unless you get it tuned but thats pricy

I've got the ppd exhaust not installed yet.
              My dpf light came on the other day so want to do this mod.
              Any details on what resistors I need and where to install?

Cheers

Comment

• Boo Boo
                • Aug 2012
                • Kilsyth

If you just remove your DPF you do not need to put in the resistors just put the temp sensors back in and join the pressure sensor pipes together.
                It will still do the Kilometer burns but it will not do a burn for a blocked DPF.
                Not sure about the CAT
                2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• muzzy
                  • Feb 2008
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by Boo Boo View Post
                  If you just remove your DPF you do not need to put in the resistors just put the temp sensors back in and join the pressure sensor pipes together.
                  It will still do the Kilometer burns but it will not do a burn for a blocked DPF.
                  Not sure about the CAT

I took it for ar run on the freeway and the light went out.

I'll install the 3 inch exhaust and do like you said see how we go.
                  Thanks

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X