• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomthx
    • Apr 2010
    • Sydney

Hi Everyone,
    I gave ultimate suspension a call yesterday and spoke to Ken. He was very helpful and I'm heading there tomorrow to have the NT checked out. I'll keep you posted on how things go.
    Thanks for all the feedback so far.
    Cheers.
    Silver 2010 NT Activ, Factory Rear Diff Lock, Tow bar, Full Leather seats, 75ah Thumper portable battery, GME TX3440,HID High Beam Upgrade, Narva Ultima 175 lights with HID Upgrade.
    Airtec Snorkel and DP Chip.

Comment

• Paj11
      • Jun 2017
      • Sydney

Originally posted by tomthx View Post
      Hi Everyone,
      I gave ultimate suspension a call yesterday and spoke to Ken. He was very helpful and I'm heading there tomorrow to have the NT checked out. I'll keep you posted on how things go.
      Thanks for all the feedback so far.
      Cheers.
      Ultimate Suspension are good, I have Dobison/Billie 2 inch combo, when I bought the car I found the front to hard, so they put a set of softer dobis, put in a spacer to get the same ride height as the old ones, rides real nice now.
      2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• M&M
        • Aug 2010
        • Maryborough

M&M

I agree with the previous post about Ultimate Suspension. I ordered a kit after filling out their online form with the details of my NT. I fitted the kit myself, and the ride height and ride was exactly what I asked for. After 30,000km and the Oodnadata, Ghan, Tanimi, Gibb River and Mitchell Falls tracks, plus a lot more in between, the ride heights have not changed. Use them as a good starting point!

Comment

• tomthx
          • Apr 2010
          • Sydney

Hi Again,

Ok, I met Ken and had a chat and got a quote, which was a bit of a shock, pardon the pun. He also mentioned the ball weight limitation of the NT, ie. If your van is over 2.5t then the ball weight permitted by the specs drops to 180kg. This gave me some concerns as I don't expect the new van to be more then 2.5t full, but as it's a single axle the ball weight, going by others for sale online, could be anywhere between 230kg to 260kg.
          Ken mentioned that if it's more than 250kg then it's not covered under insurance. This became a bigger concern but after looking around online some more I came across this option.

My insurance covers modified lifts but I was interested in others opinions if I went for this option and my ball weight is 260kg is 40kg head room enough or do I need to look for a new tug?
          Also had anyone else has this done, and if so what are your thoughts?

Cheers,
          Tom.
          Silver 2010 NT Activ, Factory Rear Diff Lock, Tow bar, Full Leather seats, 75ah Thumper portable battery, GME TX3440,HID High Beam Upgrade, Narva Ultima 175 lights with HID Upgrade.
          Airtec Snorkel and DP Chip.

Comment

• Doowrag
            • Jun 2008
            • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by kblof View Post
            Hi tomthx
            My NT, I inherited the Lovell Bilsteins and find them too firm. So I firstly changed my springs to a softer Kings and still too firm for my liking, we're all different. I have just ordered Outback Armour shocks and struts from my local Opposite Lock dealer. I have just searched and rang all the different mobs for the last month and found these guys to be happy to talk about their product and give you advise. If I was starting again I would ring the head office and ask for their advise on what you want from the suspension and they would advise their correct spring to suit.
            I'll have 4 Bilsteins and 4 lovells available next week if you want to buy them?
            Cheers
            Kym
            Have you fitted these yet and if so how is it?
            I'm shopping this week and will talk to OL about the Outback Armour gear. What's the kit worth?
            2011 NT GLX - Hankooks, 2in Kings/Oztec, SmartBra, XTM Spotties, Warn XD9000, UHF, AutoMate, Ultraguage, Flat Rack, Awning, RedArc Dual Battery System... LOOKING TO BUY FACTORY SIDE STEPS...

Comment

• kblof
              • Apr 2017
              • Radelaide

Originally posted by Doowrag View Post
              Have you fitted these yet and if so how is it?
              I'm shopping this week and will talk to OL about the Outback Armour gear. What's the kit worth?
              Hi Doowrag
              So far so good love the way it drives now see my link below. I only bought shocks and cost $790.
              2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• Doowrag
                • Jun 2008
                • Gympie Qld

Thanks kblof

Just wondering if anyone is running the Progressive Rear Coil from Kings? i'm usually unladen in the rear with the occasional camper trailer trip which i can resolve with air bags if need be.
                2011 NT GLX - Hankooks, 2in Kings/Oztec, SmartBra, XTM Spotties, Warn XD9000, UHF, AutoMate, Ultraguage, Flat Rack, Awning, RedArc Dual Battery System... LOOKING TO BUY FACTORY SIDE STEPS...

Comment

• Rodwb57
                  • Apr 2018
                  • Campbelltown SA

lift

I totally agree with the Lovells HD lift springs, they are great, but I used Ultra King HD nitro front struts, and Commando HD big bore nitro shocks on the back, and it's a fantastic set up I did a bit of research and shopping around, and my setup total purchase cost was $633 and by going Bilstein you can add another $400, and they aren't going to be any better than what I have

Comment

• Doowrag
                    • Jun 2008
                    • Gympie Qld

Mine is booked in this Friday for Kings/Oztec combo.
                    I've gone for the progressive rear coil hoping for a smooth ride.
                    I'll put up before and after pics and measurements when done.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X