• Show
Clear All
  • NTX
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2010
    • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Phone cradle

G'day folks and seasons greetings!

Im looking for suggestions for a vent style phone cradle for my NT. My wife has a ebay vent mount which works perfectly well in her car but it has in my vehicle at least, completely detached when going over a rail crossing. Would like a QI style for ease of charging, but staying put is the biggest requirement for me.
    Just had a look at the "Holdmyphone" site and the model for my series looks pretty solid. If anyone has experience with these, I would really like some feedback before going down that path.

Cheers,

Matt.
    2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

I've used hold my phone products on numerous vehicles, good product and solid in my opinion bud.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Paul (SA)
      • Apr 2013
      • Australia

I've just installed a Scosche into my NW which sends to work really well. You can get them from JB Hifi. Either get the vent mount or the CD mount.

Comment

• NTX
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2010
        • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Originally posted by Paul (SA) View Post
        I've just installed a Scosche into my NW which sends to work really well. You can get them from JB Hifi. Either get the vent mount or the CD mount.

G'day Paul,

Did you get the Qi wireless charging version? Have you been offroad with it? There seems to be a difference in the mounting clips between the standard and Qi version, with the standard having a more comprehensive clip to attach to the vent fins.

Matt.
        2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• shawty950
          • Jun 2011
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
          I've used hold my phone products on numerous vehicles, good product and solid in my opinion bud.
          +1 for Holdmyphone (Clic-on / Brodit ) gear....130,000+k's in NT pajero and a further 60+ in the Triton.
          Sand corrugations at Moreton Island middle track...never had a problem with coming loose...(and I usually dont even use the double sided tape on the bracket)

If you go to the main Brodit website ( https://www.brodit.com ) they have a heap more stuff that may not be carried in Australia...might be able to order internationally.

Thats what I did when I wanted a samsung tab 3 cradle a year or so ago...got it from brodit uk
          SOLD at 150k's - 2011 NT Platinum Diesel auto. Wheels and tyres, cav filter, caddy storage/ausguard barrier and icom IC-440N. NoLimit Tuning Chip. T13 Bullbar. Other stuff when money allows.

NOW - 2016 MQ Triton Exceed - All the TJM fruit re barwork, MCA Gold shocks and Parabolic rear leafs, TJM canopy, twin diff locks OEM rear and Harrop front, breathers, rhinorack, eco foxwing

Comment

• NTX
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2010
            • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Originally posted by shawty950 View Post
            +1 for Holdmyphone (Clic-on / Brodit ) gear....130,000+k's in NT pajero and a further 60+ in the Triton.
            Sand corrugations at Moreton Island middle track...never had a problem with coming loose...(and I usually dont even use the double sided tape on the bracket)

If you go to the main Brodit website ( https://www.brodit.com ) they have a heap more stuff that may not be carried in Australia...might be able to order internationally.

Thats what I did when I wanted a samsung tab 3 cradle a year or so ago...got it from brodit uk

G'day Shawty,

Thats an impressive site! They offer very proffessional kit. I take it that there is no adjustment in the mounting cradle if you change phones? Will probably upgrade to a new phone soon. This would require a new cradle bracket which would still mount onto the main holder frame?

Comment

• shawty950
              • Jun 2011
              • Brisbane

Hey NTX, correct each time u change phones have to get a new cradle, but the dash mount stays the same.
              Been through 4 of them over the last 8 years.

Have always gotten the passive ones, ie without the integrated charger, as i had heard that they can sometimes damage the charging point with vibration. To charge it i got a hard wired 12volt usb kit from jaycar.
              These have been a bit hit and miss charging wise...the first one was perfect and then i bought another 2 to run samsung tablet and charge the missus phone and the last 2 only charged as if they were plugged into a pc usb..ie. low voltage...had to cut the lead and join the green and white wires IIRC to get them to output the same voltage as a dedicated charger.
              SOLD at 150k's - 2011 NT Platinum Diesel auto. Wheels and tyres, cav filter, caddy storage/ausguard barrier and icom IC-440N. NoLimit Tuning Chip. T13 Bullbar. Other stuff when money allows.

NOW - 2016 MQ Triton Exceed - All the TJM fruit re barwork, MCA Gold shocks and Parabolic rear leafs, TJM canopy, twin diff locks OEM rear and Harrop front, breathers, rhinorack, eco foxwing

Comment

• NTX
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2010
                • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Originally posted by shawty950 View Post
                Hey NTX, correct each time u change phones have to get a new cradle, but the dash mount stays the same.
                Been through 4 of them over the last 8 years.

Have always gotten the passive ones, ie without the integrated charger, as i had heard that they can sometimes damage the charging point with vibration. To charge it i got a hard wired 12volt usb kit from jaycar.
                These have been a bit hit and miss charging wise...the first one was perfect and then i bought another 2 to run samsung tablet and charge the missus phone and the last 2 only charged as if they were plugged into a pc usb..ie. low voltage...had to cut the lead and join the green and white wires IIRC to get them to output the same voltage as a dedicated charger.

Cheers for confirming that Shawty. I noticed if you type in wireless,there is the Scosche QI option, which I think, can be intergrated with the cradle?

Comment

• NTX
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Ended up buying a Cygnet wireless charge cradle. Happy with it so far. Nicely made and secure mounting system. Thank you to those who made suggestions and recommendations!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X