I use the semi synthetic oil.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Yeorgos View Post
      Hi All

Ive recently bought a pre DPF 2016 NX Pajero 3.2 diesel , i'm not yet aquainted with the vehicle coming from a petrol Hilux , Patrol and Landcruiser back ground

For last 120,00km since purchased my UZJ100 4.7 V8 Cruiser i been using ULX110 10w/30 Custom Blend Engine Oil and Gear Oils made in Adelaide Sth Aust

This oil was recommend to me by a diesel truck mechanic who showed me oil analysis reports on severe driving conditions and extended oil change intervals in truck diesel engines where the oil retained its additive package protecting the engine , this would certainly fit the conditions of low range 4wding on tracks that take four to five hours to complete , sand driving , commuting in slow city traffic and towing

Further enquires amongst mate's revealed this is a popular engine oil with car enthusiasts/restorers with performance petrol modified engines for show in drag and circuit racing .

ULX110 make Diesel Supreme but only in 15w40 , and i was curious if that fits in the the recommended viscosity range for the NX and if any of you have any personal feedback of this product for passenger diesel engines

cheers
      It is a 40 weight oil & 15 when cold "w" for winter.
      Your engine has few k's on clock I gather & presumption only you don't live in sub zero temperature climate and -20 on a winters day?

15W-40 is quite a common grade used in diesel engines.

If you find she turns over a bit steady at start up in winter due to your climate you could conisder a lighter oil maybe 10W-40.

Your Mitsy engine could easily be fitted to a truck or your 4WD or a tractor for arguement sake.

If you like that oil, use it, if in doubt & a great idea, schedule oil sample first time round intermediate of oil change & when it is due & see what you find.

Then it is no guess or anyones opinion.
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• starfisher
        • Apr 2020
        • Melbourne

Hi guys, I just have a few questions about engine oil but can't find any answer here or may be just missed.

I noticed that many guys recommended Penrite HPR 5 or HPR 10, but when I search them on SCA, I found the full synthetic vision only has the API CF while the semi synthetic vision has much higher API like CI-4 or CJ-4. I heared that the higher the API the better the oil, and full synthetic is better than semi synthetic. Now, which oil is better?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Jasonmc73
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2019
          • Brisbane

Complicated huh

Bit like modern day phone plans!!

Dazzle the masses with marketing!

General belief is Synthetic is more beneficial than Semi synthetic, is it true? Run two engines in exact same way, exact same engine till worn out & you probably still won't know

Sorry i'm not of much help, but if I loved my engine I would probably weigh up cost of oil & go synthetic, hype says it's better
          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X