• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chongalolo
    • Jan 2008
    • Karridale

Fuel economy

Well we just spent the last month or so trying to diagnose the CD flashing light syndrome.

As a result, we have been driving around in 4H, mainly trips between Augusta, Karridale & Margaret River. Stoked with our figures on fuel economy...525k's to the tank in 'constant' 4wd.

Wot you guys getting with your 3.5 petrol V6?
    Brake controller, ARB Combi bar, uhf, dual batteries, Waeco 60ltr, work lights, inverter, Lightforce 240XGT spots, 12000lb w/p h/s winch, 2" lift, Cooper STT's & pioneer argyle
  • Uncle Fester
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Boambee East NSW

With the flashing CD light I was only getting 300kms per tank of petrol while towing my Jayco OB to the Cape last year and only 200kms to a tank on LPG. Since doing the soliniod I now get around 280 to 300kms to a tank on LPG with the Jayco on. Petrol figures I don't know as I never need to use it as LPG is available everywhere south of Cooktown to Coffs. My NM has 350000plus kms on the clock so she is a bit tired.
    NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• chongalolo
      • Jan 2008
      • Karridale

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
      With the flashing CD light I was only getting 300kms per tank of petrol while towing my Jayco OB to the Cape last year and only 200kms to a tank on LPG. Since doing the soliniod I now get around 280 to 300kms to a tank on LPG with the Jayco on. Petrol figures I don't know as I never need to use it as LPG is available everywhere south of Cooktown to Coffs. My NM has 350000plus kms on the clock so she is a bit tired.
      Mate have you done 350000k's on original motor? Thats awesome, have you had any major repairs in that time....timing belt, clutch etc.

Our Paj is approaching 129000k's & had timing belt, fuel filter & spark plugs being the only major jobs in recent years, then today replaced the vacuum soleniods to hopefully cure the CD flashing light syndrome.

Cheers
      Les & Pya
      Brake controller, ARB Combi bar, uhf, dual batteries, Waeco 60ltr, work lights, inverter, Lightforce 240XGT spots, 12000lb w/p h/s winch, 2" lift, Cooper STT's & pioneer argyle

Comment

• Uncle Fester
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2007
        • Boambee East NSW

Originally posted by chongalolo View Post
        Mate have you done 350000k's on original motor? Thats awesome, have you had any major repairs in that time....timing belt, clutch etc.
        Just the usual servicing and preventative maintanence. In the time i've owned it it has never been on a tow truck or even had the NRMA out to it other than once for a flat battery while camping with a fridge and the dual battery went in soon after that.
        NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• basil
          • Apr 2012
          • Gembrook

Average around the 12 litres per 100kms. Every tank delivers about the same plus or minus 30 kms.
          Running 265x70 all terains on the road. I live in the hills so that is including going up and down hills every day to get to work.
          I try to be consistant in the way I drive it.
          Pretty happy with that.

Barry.

Comment

• Jonno
            • Mar 2012
            • Brisbane

I only bought my NM on friday night so am still trying to work out the best way to drive it.

But i got 460km out of 70L. Not sure if thats about normal but will soon find out after a while. Im currently having the flashing CD fault light problem at the moment so hopefully once i fix that the fuel economy will improve abit.
            2001 NM Exceed | 2012-15
            2015 NX Pajero | 2015 - One mod at a time

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X