• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gulfstream
    • Oct 2011
    • Sweden

Ns auto ECU question.

Hi, I need help identifying the torque converter control wire. The wire out from the gearbox ECU that controls the lock up. MM would not help me because they thought I should not do any work on my own car. Only MM should do that...................

Sweden is LHD.
    Last edited by Gulfstream; 23-05-12, 09:45 PM.
    -07 NS Pajero DI-D

http://www1.garaget.org/archive/106/...76-2962958.jpg
  • Gulfstream
    • Oct 2011
    • Sweden

come on, I really need some inputs here.

2007 Pajero DID NS automatic transmission. The Torque Converter Solenoid Diagram for the wiring.
    -07 NS Pajero DI-D

Comment

• lach01
      • Jul 2011
      • Perth

Email sent

Comment

• oldmate
        • May 2012
        • Gold Coast

Hi Guys,
        I've been trying to find out this one myself !
        From what I have found it is on pin 15 of the ECU possibly a red/yellow wire is this right ? Might have to trace it back from the solenoid.
        Apart from working out which wire to cut it's a pretty simple mod as far as I can see.
        Whats the best size resistor people have been using ? I was going to measure the internal resistance of the solenoid and go for the closest to that but if someone knows the resistance of theirs that is working - even better.
        I was also thinking about setting something up so it automatically disengages once you go under a certain speed, but I'll just get it working first then fiddle with it
        MY21 NX Pajero
        a few mods to come !

Comment

• mrbitchi
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Brisbane

Might not be so simple. Have a look at this kit..

Wholesale Automatics manual lockup up kit

Remember, the CanBus wiring system used in the Pajero is not something that can be lightly mucked around with. It's not like the conventional wiring system in old cars, its more like a computer data/control bus.
          Cut wires at your own risk...
          Cheers, John.
          LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
          Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• oldmate
            • May 2012
            • Gold Coast

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post

Remember, the CanBus wiring system used in the Pajero is not something that can be lightly mucked around with. It's not like the conventional wiring system in old cars, its more like a computer data/control bus.
            Cut wires at your own risk...
            Cheers mrbitchi thanks for the link,
            I haven't seen their diagram or connectors they use so I can't really comment, but I assume that you would still need to interrupt the ECU to solenoid circuit (cut the wire) so that you can switch in the solenoid manually and give the ECU the resistive load so that it doesn't throw a code.

Doesn't matter how smart the computer is at the start of the circuit a solenoid is still a solenoid and just needs power and earth. The clever bit is tricking the ECU into thinking everything is still normal that's where the resistor and one of the relays come in to play.

Need to look into it a bit more.
            MY21 NX Pajero
            a few mods to come !

Comment

• Gulfstream
              • Oct 2011
              • Sweden

I got it sorted after earning quite a few more gray hairs. I ended u with 5 different wiring diagrams for my car and non where correct, so I found the wire bundle from the transfer box to the ECU and it passed under the cup holders. There was only one yellow-red wire there and that was the correct one for me. I know some diagrams say it's red-yellow so be aware of differences.

I've only gotten one code for the torque converter solenoid valve communication after install and I could clear it with my android torque pro app.

Overall very pleased with this mod.
              -07 NS Pajero DI-D

Comment

• mrbitchi
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by Gulfstream View Post
                I could clear it with my android torque pro app.
                That's an interesting piece of kit. Has anyone else had any experience with it?

What about This Bleutooth Transciever? Anyone tried it?
                Cheers, John.
                LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• onallfour
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2010
                  • Camden, Sydney

I got it sorted after earning quite a few more gray hairs. I ended u with 5 different wiring diagrams for my car and non where correct, so I found the wire bundle from the transfer box to the ECU and it passed under the cup holders. There was only one yellow-red wire there and that was the correct one for me. I know some diagrams say it's red-yellow so be aware of differences.

I've only gotten one code for the torque converter solenoid valve communication after install and I could clear it with my android torque pro app.

is this where the resistor was to be installed to trick ECU into thinking the solenoid is still connected??
                  Cool Silver 09 VRX, tinted glass all around, 2 inch HD lovells, bilsteins, poly airbags, Airtek snorkel, dual battery, ARB deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240's, Warn winch, Bushskinz full bash plates, UHF, scangauge, Bogaard turbo timer, towbar, 65 ltr brown davis fuel tank, on board ARB compressor + outlets, 50A anderson on towbar, rear diff lock-traction control modification, diff breathers, in-dash battery voltmeters, EGR blank, hacked navman, Cooper AT3's, Stebel horns.

Comment

• dwright74
                    • May 2008
                    • Mulgrave, Victoria

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post

I contacted Wholesale automatics about what they had for a NS Auto, here is Stuart Kitto's replies:
                    "We do have a lock-up kit for your car, we would need to know the Trans code (located on the ID plate in the engine bay) If it is a V5A51 the cost is $325.00 , if it is a V5AWF the cost is $375.00 , plus freight $15.00
                    We believe the change takes place around Sept 2008.
                    The Kit comes with complete fitting instructions and is quite easy to fit , You will need a soldering iron and wire strippers."

We have available for your vehicle a heavy duty Torque convertor $1250.00 change over
                    Plus a $450 deposit
                    High performing heavy duty torque converter for powerful engines and automatic transmission configurations for Nissan Patrol, Toyota and many more. ENQUIRE NOW

We also have available just recently a heavy duty Nomad valve body $895.00 change over

a lock-up control switch $325.00
                    Designed to mimic the factory control signal, our GENII Torque Converter Lockup Control Kit helps with engine braking, fuel economy and temperature control

a temp gauge kit $265.00

Freight $85.00
                    Fitting is available on all the above

I am seriously looking at getting all this done to my car, is it over kill?

Dave
                    07 NS 3.2 X SWB with towbar, 17' Steel rims, Bilstein Shocks and Lovell Springs, Gun Metal Grey, ARB front and rear lockers, reduction gears, ARB colour coded deluxe bullbar, custom rear storage.

Comment

• oldmate
                      • May 2012
                      • Gold Coast

Thanks for the help Gulf and Lachy once I have a bit of time to fiddle I'll let you all know, I'm waiting for my Scangauge II to turn up as well so not too worried if the odd code shows up
                      MY21 NX Pajero
                      a few mods to come !

Comment

• oldmate
                        • May 2012
                        • Gold Coast

Originally posted by dwright74 View Post

a temp gauge kit $265.00

I am seriously looking at getting all this done to my car, is it over kill?

Dave
                        Dave I'd look in to the Scangauge as well if you are worried about your AT fluid temp, I've just bought one and waiting for it to turn up, I believe you can get the AT temp using Xgauge (I just need to find the right code).
                        The Scangauge II is only around $180 delivered and gives you a whole lot more.

Cheers
                        Jas
                        MY21 NX Pajero
                        a few mods to come !

Comment

• dwright74
                          • May 2008
                          • Mulgrave, Victoria

Cheers Jas, never thought of a scan guage.

I'm thinking of getting the manual switch and valve body only at this stage $1640 fitted.

Cheers

Dave
                          07 NS 3.2 X SWB with towbar, 17' Steel rims, Bilstein Shocks and Lovell Springs, Gun Metal Grey, ARB front and rear lockers, reduction gears, ARB colour coded deluxe bullbar, custom rear storage.

Comment

• jawk
                            Valued Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • Australia

What does manual lock up do thats beneficial?

Just curious...!

Comment

• Gulfstream
                              • Oct 2011
                              • Sweden

Originally posted by jawk View Post
                              What does manual lock up do thats beneficial?

Just curious...!
                              In my case I got it because after I chipped my NS auto the lock up would engage and disengage continuously while cruising on the HW. Added benefits are better fuel economy, lower AT temp while towing and full control over the gearbox, towing or just driving around.
                              -07 NS Pajero DI-D

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X