• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rovingman
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2014
    • Blue mountains

Well done, mine goes in on monday. Very Suprised they replaced mine, it snapped at the lock part in the wind.
    Pajero NT RX 2011
    Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
    LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• pslambe
      Retired Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • Sydney

Rear door strut.

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
      Well car went down to mitsu dealer and warranty was denied as expected,
      I have now spoken and written to mitsubishi for further information including the wind speed threshold at which I can't open the rear door, and why it isn't stated in the handbook, watch this space
      I am up to my third strut. I try very hard not to use the lock mechanism as it results in a bent shaft. My first strut WAS replaced under warranty. But not my more recent one.
      Silver 08 NS Dieso DiD Auto "Platinum Edition": ARB Bullbar, dual battery and compressor: Airtek snorkel: Milford Cargo Barrier: GME TX3220: 40mm OME lift & OME gas shocks: Engel: BFG's: Under body guards and rear bar from Bushskinz. Triple battery setup with AGM under rear floor charged with Redarc SmartStart DC-DC charger: Home made removeable drawer unit: DIG Options in-dash Infotainment, GPS and reversing camera unit. Long Range Fuel Tank.

Comment

• Troy711
        Valued Member
        • May 2013
        • Canberra

I'm on my second strut. It was 'missing' when I bought the car so I put one on which lasted all of 3 months until I tried to close the door and bent it. Second one is going strong because I don't use the lock anymore.

Comment

• Muzza
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Nsw

I think the trick to this is don't use the strut lock, it's what I will be doing
          Muzza
          2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
          2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
          2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• jinks_one
            • Feb 2012
            • hoppers crossing

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
            I think the trick to this is don't use the strut lock, it's what I will be doing

Is the strut lock different on NS 2 NW I thought it would be the same

Comment

• Patagonia
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2009
              • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

In case anyone needs it, I bought the original strut for the NS in www.partsouq.com for US$70, just arrived it comes complete with both ends like this

2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
              Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
              31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
              2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• Muzza
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Nsw

Fixed under warranty,
                Muzza
                2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.

LH Torana

Comment

• grpcbr
                  • Aug 2007
                  • Adelaide

Back Door Strut

Well, I can't think of a time where I have "forced" the door when locked - rarely use it. But I found this a week or so ago .....
                  Looks like it's had an internal problem.

Anyway, new one is on order but tonight I also found a website printed on the fitted strut - www.stabilus.com
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Buddha
                    • Apr 2013
                    • Canberra

So have just had the rear door strut in our NW 2012 PlatII bend in the wind... Booked in with MM in Canberra on monday next week for "assessment of the problem" Will advise if we have any luck going down the warranty route, seems others have so I am hopeful

Comment

• spot01
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Adelaide

If you have any difficulty getting it fixed at no cost, remind them Australian Consumer Law requires goods to be "fit for purpose" - clearly this item is not - IMO they should change them all to an NP type, ie, metal under a safety recall - if the plastic strut breaks whilst the car is parked left side down, the mass & speed of the slamming door could injure or even kill a child caught between the door & the car - it is time Mitsubishi owned up to their penny pinching mistake & rectified this dangerous product - if enough people complain they will have no choice.
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Naviguesser
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2013
                        • Crib Point Vic

I must be different?
                        I haven't bothered to lock mine out yet.
                        Guess that means that the one day i do i will break it
                        MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                        ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                        TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                        Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Muzza
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Nsw

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                          If you have any difficulty getting it fixed at no cost, remind them Australian Consumer Law requires goods to be "fit for purpose" - clearly this item is not - IMO they should change them all to an NP type, ie, metal under a safety recall - if the plastic strut breaks whilst the car is parked left side down, the mass & speed of the slamming door could injure or even kill a child caught between the door & the car - it is time Mitsubishi owned up to their penny pinching mistake & rectified this dangerous product - if enough people complain they will have no choice.
                          This is how I got mine replaced under warranty, I requested wind threshold speed before the strut bends, they wouldn't put it into writing, so they replaced it. It is a poor design as compared to my NP
                          Muzza

LH Torana

Comment

• stevemc181
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • Thornlie/Perth

Had mine replaced under warranty a while back, it wasn't bent, it just fell in half when I opened the door and dumped its oil everywhere. They ummed and ahhed about it though.

It is a useless design that's for sure.
                            2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                            3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Buddha
                              • Apr 2013
                              • Canberra

Good points all. Car is booked in on Monday, I agree knowing how heavy that door is, it could severley injure even an adult at speed let alone a small child. With the newest member of our family now four months old, this is espcecially pertinent as soon enough he will be into everything.

Cheers all, will update early next week but am hopeful that this will be recognised as having happened before by MM without to much of a fight

Comment

• Buddha
                                • Apr 2013
                                • Canberra

So an update....

Took the paj into the local mm dealer, they said they can;t authorise warranty claims of this nature and to contact Mitsubishi....

Contacted MM and outlined the circumstances of the failure in an email. MM's reply is that this is "in most cases" due to misuse - reply didn't actually address the failure due to wind at all.

Subsequent discussion with MM Customer Service resulted in statements like "MM do not consider this to be a component failure but that it is accidental damage like a hailstorm so you should claim on your insurance"

I have now sent the email requesting wind speed thresholds in writing, will see what comes back...

A bit dissapointing really, I thought MM might be a little more responsive to this or at the very least address the points I raised in my complaint

Will update as more comes to hand

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X