• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GM...
    • Jan 2013
    • Gold Coast

Chip Tuning

I'm running a 4m41 in my NL and just purchased a chip tuning module, high volume SCV and pressure limiting blank. I was running a chip it chip and went quite well with the SCV and pressure limiter.
    I've just installed the Chip Tuning module set on tune 9 and 20psi, the paj runs quite well and EGT's are still within a safe limit.

The kit came with a USB with additional tunes and an application to download these to the module,
    but no USB drivers.

Their instructions supplied with the unit seem to be written for a different chip module version, Chip Tuning have since sent me the drivers, however, i cannot get their application to communicate with their module, i've tried XP pro and win 7 pro. Chip Tuning respond promptly to my emails, but offer no support.

I'm no stranger to computers, micro controllers or networking as these are a part of my daily job...

Has anyone had any experience with their 'My Tuner' application to load additional tunes ?

Cheers,
    GM
    98 NL Pajero, 3.2 Common rail Diesel, Auto with some work.
  • GM...
    • Jan 2013
    • Gold Coast

Anyone??

Comment

• NFT5
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Canberra

It sounds like you have a late model chip and early model software.

The later chips have 15 tunes, any one of which can be loaded using an application called Macrotuner.

I use a (really) old IBM notebook that runs XP and has the sole purpose of chip tune loading. So old that it doesn't have USB ports, just serial, and there is a need for a serial to USB converter which took a little setting up with its own driver. Other than that, everything worked pretty much out of the box.
      Chris

Comment

• GM...
        • Jan 2013
        • Gold Coast

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
        It sounds like you have a late model chip and early model software.

The later chips have 15 tunes, any one of which can be loaded using an application called Macrotuner.

I use a (really) old IBM notebook that runs XP and has the sole purpose of chip tune loading. So old that it doesn't have USB ports, just serial, and there is a need for a serial to USB converter which took a little setting up with its own driver. Other than that, everything worked pretty much out of the box.
        Thanks Chris

Macrotuner ??

Mytuner is the application supplied and chip tuning advise that its the correct application.
        I am also using an old XP thinkpad, usb 1 with no antivirus or firewalls, have also tried toshiba xp and win 7.

Cheers

Comment

• NFT5
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Canberra

Yes, Macrotuner is what I have.

But maybe best to try to identify exactly which model chip you have. Can you do that?
          Chris

Comment

• GM...
            • Jan 2013
            • Gold Coast

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
            Yes, Macrotuner is what I have.

But maybe best to try to identify exactly which model chip you have. Can you do that?
            Its the Dominator module F/W version DAC2-P,
            This unit does't have the rotary internal switch, it has the 7 seg display to indicate tune loaded.

I tested the TX signal with an oscilloscope and confirm data is being sent to the module, but there is no signal coming from the module when polled.
            GM

Comment

• chutsy33
              • May 2008
              • Far NW Qld

Wow, just checked out the build, builds. Nice work. I've had 2 NJs and thought they were great 4x4s. Couldn't find a conversion when I had them. I sold them and brought a ML triton and then found a crashed triton which I brought for the tray. Always the case.

I am surprised that Chip tuning are not more helpful. It has put me off chipping my triton until I can get it to a tuner. Im near the Territory border so have no chance of support out here!

Hope they work it out for you.
              2007 NS VRX 3.2 Manual, 265/70/17 , 3' Scott Rods Exhaust, SPVi EGR Module, TJM Snorkle. 2008 ML triton 3.2 manual.

Comment

• geopaj
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Adelaide

Are you trying to communicate with the chip while it is installed in the car with the ignition turned on?
                At first I didn’t realise the chip needs 12v ignition power before it will communicate.
                Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X