• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vin05
    • Jul 2020
    • Perth

NP blowing fuse and relay

Hi Guys, Having a problem with my NP so to use the ac or heat will blow the fuse 10a and the relay 20a/ 12v under panel of driver side, at the 4th setting. Also the relay with get warm on the other settings. Also resistor doesn't heat up at all with the ac at any setting but does heat up very quickly with the heater on any setting.

If any one has any ideas or had this problem would be greatly appreciated any advice.
  • disco stu
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2018
    • Wollongong

I gather the fuse and relay are for powering the fan-would that be correct?

Relays seem to get warm just through being used, but I've never checked on these ones in particular.

When you say resistor-do you mean the resistor for the fan?

It sounds to me like there is an issue with the far, or its wiring

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

The resistor bank in the fan speed control controls the voltage being applied to the cabin fan. At setting 4, the resistors have been bypassed, so the fan is getting the full 12 V applied to it. It seems as if there is too much drag on the fan - probably the bearings of the fan. Pull the fan out and check how freely it runs. Another possible cause of problems is blockage of the airflow. The fan is a centrifugal design, and the characteristics of most centrifugal fans or pumps is such that for low delivery pressures, the airflow will be a lot higher and actually the power demand increases under these conditions. Higher power means more current. However, I doubt that this is the cause - it is more likely to be higher than normal friction which is your trouble.

Comment

• vin05
        • Jul 2020
        • Perth

No fuse or relay blowing

THANKS FOR THE POST'S. SO SO MUCH!

I pulled out the blower fan motor pulled it apart as much s I could and put some bike chain
        lubrication on the shaft spin it every so often through out the dat.

Then put it back in DOES NOT BLOW THE 10a FUSE ( even with a 5a fuse) DOES NOT BLOWER
        THE RELY!!!!!!!! NO WORRY'S AT ALL!!!!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE!

Comment

• Two Emms
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2020
          • Mansfield, Vic

Thank you for posting the solution.

The next person with this problem will search the forum and read
          1 what the problem is
          2 how you fixed it

You are officially a helpful contributor
          2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• disco stu
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2018
            • Wollongong

Good to hear. Erad is on the money once again

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

DiscoStu: You had better not make posts like your last one here, or I will have to go out and buy a new hat because my old one won't fit any more. I am pleased that the fan now works. The OP will probably have to keep squirting more lube on the shaft because it will probably jam up again. Not a problem because he knows what to do and how easy it is to do.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X