• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

Nm/np Recall Notice

Seems there's another recall on the NM/NP brake booster.

NM/NP Recall

Mitsubishi Pajero - Accumulator fitted to the Hydraulic Brake Booster

Date: 18/09/2008

Supplier Name: Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd

Product Make: Mitsubishi

Product Model: Pajero NM and NP

Target Number: 13,488

Model Years From: 2000 - 2003

Consequences:

Campaign Number: JKG2008-GC28-33

VIN Range: JMFLNV75W1J000104 and JMFLNV75W3J000550.
    JMFLNV76W1J000102 and JMFLNV76W2J000324.
    JMFLNV78W2J000104 and JMFLNV78W3J000722.
    JMFLYV75W1J000108 and JMFLYV75W3J003773.
    JMFLYV78W2J000101 and JMFLYV78W3J001407.

Serial Range:

Product Info: NM and NP model Pajero vehicles equipped with ABS. The affected vehicles were manufactured between February 2000 and 28 July 2003.

Defect Details: There is the potential for the Accumulator fitted to the Hydraulic Brake Booster (HBB) to lose pressure. This may result in the following braking phenomena: Brake assistance may be delayed under rapid brake pedal application and Brake pedal effort may be increased immediately after engine start after the vehicle has been stopped for a period of time.

Consumer action: Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd will write to owners of all affected vehicles

Market Coverage: National

Recall Coverage: National
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
  • Ricstar
    • Mar 2008
    • Brisbane

Thanks for picking it up.

Mine is in the range JMFLYV75W1J000108 and JMFLYV75W3J003773.

I'll ring Zupps Mt Gravatt tomorrow to book it in.
    03 NP Exceed 3.5 Auto - LPG Inj, Tinting, 2.5t tow, Piranha / Remco dual battery setup, Maxxis 771 265/70/R16 - LT, GME 3420 UHF, 2" lift Kings and Bilstien?s, Engel 40L, Custom rear shelf, one wife, one child, Jayco Swift, no boat, And a Toy Poodle who prefers to ride in the Paj over the Commodore (My Mitsubishi Puppy).
    Xmas list, Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Smartbar

Comment

• liam
      • Feb 2008
      • chadstone

lol i just got that info today at work mits is sending out letters to those that are on there
      data base

Comment

• Gus
        Administrator
        • Mar 2008
        • Traralgon. Vic

Cheers, mine & Les's are in that mix too. Will pass on to him as 2nd owner may not receive letter.
        Gus.

Just rang Colin Watson Mits Traralgon checking mine today & will order part and replace if needed tomorrow.. Gotta love that service!
        Last edited by Gus; 25-09-08, 10:14 AM.
        VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
        NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• steveandviv
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2008
          • Broome

Shame I don't have ABS, not that I wnated it but I can't get a new booster now. The way that reads it is only for ABS trucks, is that how you read it as well?
          2000 NM Paj - 2.5 Inch Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS Screen - Garmin GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Polly Bags - Front ARB Locker - 50&60ltr Waeco....http://www.steveandviv.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Pajero_Pete
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2008
            • Adelaide Hills

Just Outside the Range
            Many thanks lads.
            PP
            Great little Io then NL dual fuel then my first DiD NP followed by an NS DiD and now an NT RX DiD in the shed

Comment

• mrbitchi
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by steveandviv View Post
              Shame I don't have ABS, not that I wnated it but I can't get a new booster now. The way that reads it is only for ABS trucks, is that how you read it as well?
              Yes, only for ABS models. The ABS uses a different booster, it's actually called an Accumulator, or Hydraulic Brake Booster. Works on a compressed gas which is pressurised by a small electric motor. The non ABS models use the conventional vacuum booster.
              Cheers, John.
              LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
              Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Gus
                Administrator
                • Mar 2008
                • Traralgon. Vic

Just got back from mine being checked will be replaced end next week when parts are being sent out..

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Oli4
                  • Jul 2008
                  • Carlingford, Sydney

Thanks mrbitchi... will phone my dealer first thing in the morning.

Comment

• Zed
                    • Jun 2008
                    • Hunter Valley

Recall

Hey all, thanks for the heads up,
                    but whats the go with mine,
                    I rang two local MM dealers today and both said mine wasnt affected,
                    Its a 10/2002 build NP Exceed, VIN JMFLYV75W3J000312

to me this is in the range of JMFLYV75W1J000108 and JMFLV75W3J003773
                    which is the 4th one down on the list.
                    Thanks Mark

Comment

• adrianp
                      • May 2008
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Zed View Post

Thanks Mark
                      I think this is a new recall based on an older one, but for more cars, probably some dealers still don't know about it. I have also called three dealers, two offered to book me in for the replacement and the third told me "this is an old recall, I don't know if the parts still are available". So, I skipped this dealer (again), and will have my car fixed in a week's time by another one

You could call MM on 1300 131 211 and they'll sort it out for you
                      AdrianP
                      2014 NW Exceed, 2015 NX GLS

Comment

• Ricstar
                        • Mar 2008
                        • Brisbane

Rang a dealer yesterday afternoon.
                        Was advised, there was some stock (limited) in Sydney and more in a shipment on its way from Japan.
                        Dealer also advised that recall requires dealer to check teh unit and establish if it is a faulty on. i don't know whether they check a SN#, Part or batch # or if they look for a particular fault, ie a weld or something.

They said it would take about 15 minutes to establish if it needed replacement.

I said I would call back in a couple of weeks.
                        Give them the apprentice some time to practice on other peoples Paj's so after replacing a couple of units and hopefully got it right by the time they do mine.

I hate picking up the Paj, getting it home and finding loose bolts, missing nuts etc.
                        Last time they installed my dust kit, they broke the rear power socket cover. They tried to say it was wear and tear, but after I let the handbrake loose on them, they came to the party. The tech broke it accidentally, left it on his bench and didn't tell the service super.
                        03 NP Exceed 3.5 Auto - LPG Inj, Tinting, 2.5t tow, Piranha / Remco dual battery setup, Maxxis 771 265/70/R16 - LT, GME 3420 UHF, 2" lift Kings and Bilstien?s, Engel 40L, Custom rear shelf, one wife, one child, Jayco Swift, no boat, And a Toy Poodle who prefers to ride in the Paj over the Commodore (My Mitsubishi Puppy).
                        Xmas list, Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Smartbar

Comment

• zacc
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2007

apparently if you look at the top of the accumilator there is what looks like a nut , this is where the socket fits on . onthe nut there is a dab of paint , if the colour is pinkish you have the good one .

Comment

• Gus
                            Administrator
                            • Mar 2008
                            • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by adrianp View Post
                            I think this is a new recall based on an older one, but for more cars, probably some dealers still don't know about it. I have also called three dealers, two offered to book me in for the replacement and the third told me "this is an old recall, I don't know if the parts still are available". So, I skipped this dealer (again), and will have my car fixed in a week's time by another one

You could call MM on 1300 131 211 and they'll sort it out for you
                            Interesting! NEW recall based on old one?? My dealer, Colin Watson, says only 2 recalls to date 1 being fuel neck which was no good for truck quick fill which effected only early NMs & the seal prob re dust again only some effected not sure which models as this one didn't effect mine.. This one is new to my dealer!! BUT I'd be real interested to know if any have herd about this before??
                            Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Oli4
                              • Jul 2008
                              • Carlingford, Sydney

Originally posted by Zed View Post

Thanks Mark
                              I received the same feedback from my MM dealer.... What now?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X