X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • momo
    • Jun 2010
    • Perth

mine lasted 1 year before blowing the piston ring, they replaced the whole motor section which is easier to do and if its out of warranty costs less than $100.

I then installed a blower fan next to it and dropped the temp from 150 to 100deg (engine bay mounted).

Comment

• Norm Perth
      • Mar 2011
      • Perth

Just had 2days of extensive sand + dune driving 100km + Very happy with performance. Ls flying on the sand. Centre diff lock on softer stuff, low gear to get out of really soft stuff, didnt need the r.diff lock with the tyres at 14psi. Flying in the dunes with high range all awd 60 - 70km/hour. Caught 30+ good sized bream/whitings/emperor, never been happier. Helped a bogged nissan xtrail in the dunes wtf were they thinking & they were planning on going on the beach.
      BLACK My11 Challenger Manual LS, MM Steel bar with driving/fog lights, reverse sensors, tint, MM tow bar

Comment

• Tipper
        • Dec 2010
        • Perth WA

Originally posted by Norm Perth View Post
        Just had 2days of extensive sand + dune driving 100km + Very happy with performance. Ls flying on the sand. Centre diff lock on softer stuff, low gear to get out of really soft stuff, didnt need the r.diff lock with the tyres at 14psi. Flying in the dunes with high range all awd 60 - 70km/hour. Caught 30+ good sized bream/whitings/emperor, never been happier. Helped a bogged nissan xtrail in the dunes wtf were they thinking & they were planning on going on the beach.
        Sounds like fun Norm where abouts in perth were you, still trying to find a good spot for fishing.

Comment

• Norm Perth
          • Mar 2011
          • Perth

Originally posted by Tipper View Post
          Sounds like fun Norm where abouts in perth were you, still trying to find a good spot for fishing.
          In shark bay at the moment. Great fishing. Dont know any good spots in perth. Mandurah under the bridge is ok for whitings, bream etc. Not always though. Shark bay is where u want to go. 4wd to cape peron & fish off the beach.
          BLACK My11 Challenger Manual LS, MM Steel bar with driving/fog lights, reverse sensors, tint, MM tow bar

Comment

• Tipper
            • Dec 2010
            • Perth WA

Originally posted by Norm Perth View Post
            In shark bay at the moment. Great fishing. Dont know any good spots in perth. Mandurah under the bridge is ok for whitings, bream etc. Not always though. Shark bay is where u want to go. 4wd to cape peron & fish off the beach.
            Sounds good, ill have to take a trip up there soon, thanks for info.

Comment

• LukeS
              • Mar 2010
              • Brisbane

Just came back from coffs harbour over the easter break and managed to do some four wheel driving down there. Was again very impressed with the challenger - there was a hill climb there that my mates modified 105 series cruiser (rear locker, 33's, lift etc) couldnt get up but the challenger did! Also got to snatch him out of a mud hole which made for some good photos. Will try and post some soon, I have a video of the challenger getting up the hill but I think the only way I can post that up is via you tube??
              Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

To do: Airtec snorkel, maybe ARB bar...

Comment

• 4wd26
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

very keen to see the pics and vid from Coffs.
                A large group of tritons was there for the weekend- seen a variety of tracks and would be interesting if the track you got up was one of the ones we did- just to compare vids.

great times, and plenty of tracks down there. very keen to get back.

slideshow of some of the triton gathering.

hope you enjoy.
                ML triton with some accessories
                National E Trek Libary
                Getting Out There

Comment

• LukeS
                  • Mar 2010
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by 4wd26 View Post
                  very keen to see the pics and vid from Coffs.
                  A large group of tritons was there for the weekend- seen a variety of tracks and would be interesting if the track you got up was one of the ones we did- just to compare vids.
                  I cant see it in your photos there, however it looks like a great trip! whens the next one scheduled I'd like to tag along! It was in the Yuaraygir NP not far from the station creek camping ground, just off the main access dirt road. Took me 3 goes to get up it as there was a mud pit just before it and turned the tyres into slicks.
                  Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

Comment

• 4wd26
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

Most of those pics were from "Englands Road" bunnings turnoff south of coffs and whats called the widow maker/ quarry to the North of Coffs.

We spent 4 days roving around the scrub- baseing our group of 25 tritons at Fridays Creek.

Lots of fun and keen to get back again. thats after a few of us have been there a few times scouting/ reccies for the larger group. Just such a great place.

>>>>full trip report here<<<<
                    might need to sign up to Newtriton to view.
                    note some of the crew are ramping up there trucks a bit (front lockers) and lots wearing new muddies for the trip.... great fun though.
                    ML triton with some accessories
                    National E Trek Libary
                    Getting Out There

Comment

• Cadddyman
                      • Mar 2010

Just spent an extended long weekend in the Vic High lands.

Came in down the Barry way from Jindabyne to Wulgulmerang wher we spent 3 nights, then headed west and spent 3 nights in Swifts Creek.

Used these places as base camps to leave the camper trailer at and went exploring.... including the "Haunted Stream".

The Challenger was fantastic, considering still on the standard H/T tyres.
                      Attached Files
                      2010 Challenger XLS

Comment

• LukeS
                        • Mar 2010
                        • Brisbane

Here are some photos from the trip. The hill with the cruiser on it is the one that the challenger got up but the cruiser did not after quite a few attempts.. (photos dont do the grade or terrain justice). I'm still waiting on some of the photos of my car four wheel driving as they are on a mates camera..
                        Attached Files

Comment

• linou
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Perth

Hi Luke,

Currently in the market for a replacement vehicle capable of towing our Jayco Swan and the Challenger is on the list. How do you find the towing performance with the Hawk hitched up?
                          Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

• jimsiron
                            • Feb 2010
                            • Mildura, gateway to the outback

LukeS
                            I notice you still have your jockey wheel attached, do you tow with it in that position, not ideal in my mind to do so?
                            I have converted mine to a swing up as couldn't be bothered taking off and stowing each trip.
                            regards
                            jimsiron
                            2010 manual in Terra Rosa, ARB deluxe bar,Cibie Oscar lights, Redarc dual battery monitor, Factory mats throughout,Redarc remote brake controller, Electraphone UHF, MMA tow bar, Garmin Navman plus the Misses, and plenty of travelling music! Towing a 2011 Jayco Discovery 17.55.3 Outback.

Comment

• OnTrackChallenger
                              • Mar 2011
                              • Brizzie

Originally posted by linou View Post
                              Hi Luke,

Currently in the market for a replacement vehicle capable of towing our Jayco Swan and the Challenger is on the list. How do you find the towing performance with the Hawk hitched up?
                              Mornin`,

I have an MY11 and use it to tow an old van, It weighs in at 1.4T loaded and the Challenger literally doesn`t even feel it behind the car. Hills etc no prb. Fuel eco avg`s about 13/100 at the moment with the van on. But the car has only done 4500 k`s. So, it may get better. Not sure about the weight o the jayco but can`t see it being much different Hope this helps.

Comment

• LukeS
                                • Mar 2010
                                • Brisbane

Linou,
                                the hawk wet I think comes in at around 1.2ton, I load it up everything into so the car is basiclly empty. I am happy with the towing performance, it can maintain speed on hills and fuel economy is pretty good also at around 13.1-13.8. Once cruising on the highway you hardly notice its there until the hills. Heaps better then my previous hilux petrol (20lt /100km) and also better then my previous prado td. The only down side if there was one is that it drops back from 5th to 4th on hills when sometimes I'd think it didnt need to. I did get a chipit computer for it and did a trip over easter, it noticably got up to speed quicker, holds gears much longer on hills, easier to over take and fuel economy was slightly better again.

Jimsiron,
                                Yes I do leave the jockey wheel there when travelling on general sealed / unsealed roads, I just slide it up to the highest notch which makes its position quite high as you can see in the photo. If I was doing anything even slightly technical I'd remove it and if I was doing it on a regualar basis (which I dont) Id get one that you have as I had that on my last boat trailer and they are handly.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X