• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

31/01/15 Spaniards and a damn shark!

Hit the water about 0545 this morning, weather was amazing!

Got a couple of red-head giant tremblers in the water about 0620. Not two minutes later, mate Tim reels in our first Spanish Mackerel for the day.

Landed 3 Shark Mackerels, a Barracuda, and 3 Spaniards.

One more Spaniard that I was reeling in got eaten by a shark this thing was a big fish too and gave a few good runs and I was working it back to the boat when it got attacked by maybe a bronzie 6-8ft long only a few metres off the back of the boat. Could have been a tiger but didn't get a very good look at it. Absolutely spewing!

Didn't do too much photo stuff, I'm working on trying to add together a few gopro clips especially of the shark eating my ~1.3m fish, but here's one pic anyway

'99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

Here's one quick vid

'99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

livin the life. Nice one Alex.
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Alex86
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Here and there

Mate it was the best day fishing I've ever had! Nothing overly impressive by some people's experiences and abilities, but considering I know 1 knot for fishing and have only recently started crimping my own wire trace setups well, I think I did alright!

Starting to get a couple of little spots that seem to do alright each time. Crikey it's fun reeling in things like that!!
        Just gotta take the carpet out and decide on what to use as a different floor covering in the boat for fishing, sucks cleaning fish grime and blood out of the carpet....

Comment

• dolphin
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008

stick with good marine carpet unless you wear something on your feet if the floor is painted, gets too hot.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• NoWorries
            • May 2014
            • Perth

Fake Grass

Mate fake grass is great for the boat but you need to keep it wet (gets really hot).
            easier than carpet to get the grime out of and soft underfoot.
            Have a Great Day

Comment

• Alex86
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Here and there

Good idea on the grass, will consider it…

Yeah the surface under the carpet is painted and yes it does get hot!

Was considering getting some of the square interlocking foam rubber mats quite often seen in camping sections of kmart, slice them up a little to better fit the deck shape. Simple and easy to hose off in the boat after a trip without having to take it out. The carpet comes out and gets hung over a fence and pressure washed…

Also thought about that rubber tube you quite often see around pools, but that stuff is quite expensive!

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

YOUR BETTER OFF WEARING A PAIR OF WATER PROOF BOATING RUNNERS AND SPENDING MORE DOLLARS ON TACKLE!!!!
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• RhinoC
                  • Apr 2013
                  • Perth wa

Nice catch mate!! Nothing beats the feeling of a big run! Great macattack!
                  2008 NS 25th Aniversery Model, Auto, DID, ARB Bar, Warn XD9500lb, Coopers ST Maxx 265/70/17, GME UHF, IPF , DPF Delete pipe, Boo's Bash plates full set, track lander roof rack, drifta awning, SPV mod, catch can, Redarc DCDC 25amp, OME 2" lift and bit of other fruit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X