X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coopz
    • May 2016
    • Gelorup

One thing to note if you do this like I just did turn the fan shaft up for an hour before installing as it may no work until you do this as the oil has to run into the right place

Comment

• chrisfarru
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Central Coast NSW

I took a few kms before it was running ok and oil moved in the right places. It's well over 50,000 kms now after the rebuild and still running strong.
      NS 3.2 - Roo Bar, Warn Winch, UHF, Bilstein/Lovells, Engine/tranny watchdog, HikeIT, LED headlights, EGR delete, DPF delete, Catch Can

Comment

• psproule
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Googong, NSW

I put a brand new one in mine but I'm not happy with it. Was supposed to be a Davies Craig replacement but had no markings or branding. I reckon it's too tight even after 5000km of run-in and I suspect it is a cheap copy. Pity I through the original away, although it's bearing was fairly sloppy.
        2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
        2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Coopz
          • May 2016
          • Gelorup

Originally posted by chrisfarru View Post
          I took a few kms before it was running ok and oil moved in the right places. It's well over 50,000 kms now after the rebuild and still running strong.
          I ended up putting in two tubes lol, with one it made no difference however its now a fuel eater so when im home next week im going to drain it fully again and put a single tube in, I think 30ml in the tube? so will put in 20?

Comment

• chrisfarru
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Central Coast NSW

mine is still running perfectly 80,000 kms later and that's with one full tube. So I would say chuck the whole tube in.
            NS 3.2 - Roo Bar, Warn Winch, UHF, Bilstein/Lovells, Engine/tranny watchdog, HikeIT, LED headlights, EGR delete, DPF delete, Catch Can

Comment

• RUGGA
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2014
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Trisome View Post
              Just did this twice....

The first time somehow the oil vanished, now I couldn't see where 18 ml of 1000 cwt oil went, the seal looked in place the bolts were tight, there were no oil smears. The second time I put some extra sealer around the rubber, and now it seems to be working perfectly.

Trisome
              Originally posted by Coopz View Post
              I ended up putting in two tubes lol, with one it made no difference however its now a fuel eater so when im home next week im going to drain it fully again and put a single tube in, I think 30ml in the tube? so will put in 20?
              Originally posted by chrisfarru View Post
              mine is still running perfectly 80,000 kms later and that's with one full tube. So I would say chuck the whole tube in.
              My convo today with the young Toyo spare parts guy said their oil comes in 18ml, they use 2 18ml tubes in their Toyotas.
              Ok, so Chrisfarru, was your purchase of the Toyota silicon oil a 30ml or 18ml???

Trisome, you only used 18ml? what extra sealer did you use?

Coopz, I am confused, did you use 36ml?

Any updates on how the fans are performing?

Lots of ??? I know! Any help appreciated.
              02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Ocean
                • May 2014
                • Blue mountains NSW

I started out with 1 Toyota tube from Penrith Toyota not sure of the amount. It made no difference. Due to timing of trip decided not to waste time and got a new visco clutch for $260. Recently decided with the old visco I may have cleaned it out too well so to test added another Toyota tube, still did not fix the problem, free spinning with ease both cold and when up to temp. Chris's instructions are excelant unfortunately it did not fix mine.
                Wonder if water crossings up to the bonnet kill the viscos, hot then suddenly cold under water?
                Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.

Comment

• RUGGA
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ocean View Post
                  I started out with 1 Toyota tube from Penrith Toyota not sure of the amount. It made no difference. Due to timing of trip decided not to waste time and got a new visco clutch for $260. Recently decided with the old visco I may have cleaned it out too well so to test added another Toyota tube, still did not fix the problem, free spinning with ease both cold and when up to temp. Chris's instructions are excelant unfortunately it did not fix mine.
                  Wonder if water crossings up to the bonnet kill the viscos, hot then suddenly cold under water?
                  Bloody hell Ocean, well thats cleared things up

Comment

• chrisfarru
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2010
                    • Central Coast NSW

Rugga, mine is still running as good as the day after I rebuilt the fan. I will check the size of the tube later because I bought 2 but only used one.

Comment

• RUGGA
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2014
                      • Adelaide

Much appreciated
                      Last edited by RUGGA; 30-12-16, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• RUGGA
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2014
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ocean View Post
                        Ocean, did you test the bimetal strip?

Comment

• Trisome
                          • Dec 2012
                          • Bray Park

Mine is going fine 25,000 kms later, I used Permatex Aviation form a gasket to seal around the edges.

make sure you get that little oil scraper in the right place.

Trisome
                          2007 VRX, Cold Air, HPD Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, Just Autos Tune, Lovels Springs, EFS Shockies.

Comment

• RUGGA
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2014
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Trisome View Post

make sure you get that little oil scraper in the right place.

Trisome
                            Roger that.

So just to be sure, you only used one, 18ml tube of oil?

Comment

• Trisome
                              • Dec 2012
                              • Bray Park

I used 2 tubes of Toyota fluid

Trisome
                              2007 VRX, Cold Air, HPD Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, Just Autos Tune, Lovels Springs, EFS Shockies.

Comment

• Ocean
                                • May 2014
                                • Blue mountains NSW

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
                                Ocean, did you test the bimetal strip?
                                As per Chris's instructions, working fine
                                Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X