Evo for sale

You don’t see many of these in Au
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
    NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

Looks in good nick except for the radiator top tank. Don't know why the pics with the number plate are blurred though, one of them isnt, one is blurred but readable and the plate number is in the description

It'd be fun to have one but I wouldn't want to take it off road so what's the point really at the end of the day?
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2000
      • Tasmania

Yeah I’d be reluctant to leave it unatttended anywhere either , so not really a daily driver

Comment

• Alex86
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Here and there

Wasn’t this one advertised a few years ago?? Looks familiar.

It’d be nice to have, just because.

It even has the reversible screwdriver in the toolkit, rare as!!!!
        '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
        Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• Drewan
          • Apr 2017
          • Adelaide

Reversible screwdriver pfft theres a bloke on Gum Tree with a working torch for sale
          Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2000
            • Tasmania

So were the recaro seats on pajero bases?

Comment

• stumagoo
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Perth WA S.O.R

pretty sure the recaro's are factory in these... having said all that I am pretty sure this has been up for sale before as well and around 10k less.... I think its a "I dont need to seel it but if someone is really keen...." sort of price--- if the car is the one I am thinking of the guy hs been on the WA Paj page a few and does drive it just not a lot
              1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
              *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
              1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2000
                • Tasmania

Yeah I think the recaros are factory but if you look at the pics , they look like they are on paj bases but maybe the seats were made to spec for Mitsubishi from recaro to match the trim?

Comment

• JOHNVOR
                  • Mar 2015
                  • greece

Those recaros are from factory at the evolution model. I know that. I am owner of one evolution my self. they are great car. Much much better from a pajero gen 2. it has all the best things the factory could put on it. and i am not talking only for the engine. The car looks mint but a little expensive.

Comment

• stumagoo
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2014
                    • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by JOHNVOR View Post
                    Those recaros are from factory at the evolution model. I know that. I am owner of one evolution my self. they are great car. Much much better from a pajero gen 2. it has all the best things the factory could put on it. and i am not talking only for the engine. The car looks mint but a little expensive.
                    The issue here is you could count on 1 hand the amount of these legally on the roads

In a country with 27 million people and likely 1/2 as many more cars.... evo Pajero's are extrememly rare
                    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• aussieguy
                      • Oct 2015
                      • Brisbane

pretty sure Australian population is 25.5M

Anyhow, not 100% sure but pretty sure you can import one from Japan under the new grey import rules, I have a website bookmarked at home for an online auction that has lots of Gen 2 Pajero's (especially SWB NL) and they always have 1 or 2 Evo's listed.
                      05/97 NK 3.5L DOHC - DEAD
                      02/00 NL 3.5L SOHC

Comment

• stumagoo
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2014
                        • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by aussieguy View Post
                        pretty sure Australian population is 25.5M

Anyhow, not 100% sure but pretty sure you can import one from Japan under the new grey import rules, I have a website bookmarked at home for an online auction that has lots of Gen 2 Pajero's (especially SWB NL) and they always have 1 or 2 Evo's listed.
                        Really I thought when we got here 109 years ago it was supposed to be 26million so I figured must be 27 by now.... all us kiwis invading you know....

But in reality with 2500 NL Paj evos built total and no way of importing them unless its a personal (owned and driven overseas for over 12 months with proof) its still very hard to see them on the road legally here.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2016
                          • Greater Sydney

There are car yards in OZ selling nothing but imports from Japan.

Comment

• stumagoo
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2014
                            • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                            There are car yards in OZ selling nothing but imports from Japan.

yep but the share rarity of the NL evo and the lack of demand for it here (there really is not a lot compared to a skyline or supra or lancer evo) mean that there will be stuff all of them imported... and until recently they were not on the Sev's list so could not be imported under regular channels anyway - still not sure if they can be

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2000
                              • Tasmania

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
                              The issue here is you could count on 1 hand the amount of these legally on the roads
                              If the vehicle is on the road & registered then it has to be legal don’t you think?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X