Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Torque application hooked up to the NW - awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dann
    • Mar 2017
    • Cairns

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
    Have you pushed it all the way in and have you pressed the power button?
    Yes, tried it in 2 vehicles

Comment

• Old Far
      • Jun 2015
      • Lisarow

Can someone let me know the identifier on the Torque App that tells me the situation (% open or closed)
      of the EGR. I have the SPV unit (adjustable) fitted & need to know should it need winding in or out or not at all.
      Thanks

Comment

• vladguan
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Old Far View Post
        Can someone let me know the identifier on the Torque App that tells me the situation (% open or closed)
        of the EGR. I have the SPV unit (adjustable) fitted & need to know should it need winding in or out or not at all.
        Thanks
        See following page for info
        Please call me Vlad.
        -----------------------
        MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Old Far
          • Jun 2015
          • Lisarow

Originally posted by Macster View Post
          Last of the screenshots...

By the way, I should have mentioned, you can clear engine fault codes too.
          Thanks Macster for this thread; could you advise the info. in the app. that tells you the situation whether the EGR recirculation valve/sensor is open or closed i.e the % of opening.
          Regards, Old Far

Comment

• vladguan
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Old Far View Post
            Thanks Macster for this thread; could you advise the info. in the app. that tells you the situation whether the EGR recirculation valve/sensor is open or closed i.e the % of opening.
            Regards, Old Far
            I replied to your previous post with info on how to do it
            Please call me Vlad.
            -----------------------
            MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• birdd
              • Mar 2014
              • Bundaberg, QLD

There are a couple of features I'd love so I can completely replace my factory trip computer.

- Is it possible to add a clock/date widget?
              - is it possible to get the external air temperature?
              - is it possible to get working fuel economy widgets (instant, available trip, and average tank?)

Not sure if all that above information (except the clock obviously) exposes itself through the OBD2 port?
              2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX
              MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)

Comment

• Chainsaw
                • Oct 2016
                • Sunshine Coast Aust

ShiftLights Wallpaper 4 Torque. Has anyone setup/used this app. If so does it read LU state?

Comment

• gaz1
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Blue Mountains NSW

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
                  The one from totalcardiagnostics.com.
                  Hi Vlad
                  Did you get any satisfaction from them? I'm worried now because I am waiting delivery of their OBD adapter - should have read through all this thread before I ordered it!
                  Cheers
                  2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• vladguan
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by gaz1 View Post
                    Hi Vlad
                    Did you get any satisfaction from them? I'm worried now because I am waiting delivery of their OBD adapter - should have read through all this thread before I ordered it!
                    Cheers
                    Mine was refunded and I then got a KW903 and it has had no issues.
                    Please call me Vlad.
                    -----------------------

Comment

• gaz1
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Blue Mountains NSW

Ah well, looks like I may be headed for a rocky ride with this adapter - once it arrives I will see how it goes and report back. At least you got a refund, that was one of the reasons for my choice when I read their website.
                      Thanks Vlad.

Garry

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• gaz1
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Blue Mountains NSW

Ah well, looks like I may be headed for a rocky ride with this adapter - once it arrives I will see how it goes and report back. At least you got a refund, that was one of the reasons for my choice when I read their website.
                        Thanks Vlad.

Garry
                        The adapter arrived this morning and I'm happy to say it seems to be working OK. I put the pid for transmission temperature (as described earlier in this thread) onto the Torque app and it's reporting as it should - albeit I have only had the engine idling in the driveway at this stage. The trans temp started out at 7c (it was in the garage overnight, temp got down to zero outside), engine coolant was 12c - after idling for less than 10 mins, including a short period with the transmission in drive, foot on brake and accelerator, the trans had come up to 10-11 and engine to about 32. So all seems good with the revs, voltage and various other gauges all appearing to be doing what you'd expect..

Garry

Comment

• gaz1
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Blue Mountains NSW

The adapter arrived this morning and I'm happy to say it seems to be working OK. I put the pid for transmission temperature (as described earlier in this thread) onto the Torque app and it's reporting as it should - albeit I have only had the engine idling in the driveway at this stage. The trans temp started out at 7c (it was in the garage overnight, temp got down to zero outside), engine coolant was 12c - after idling for less than 10 mins, including a short period with the transmission in drive, foot on brake and accelerator, the trans had come up to 10-11 and engine to about 32. So all seems good with the revs, voltage and various other gauges all appearing to be doing what you'd expect..

Garry
                          An update....and I'm starting to doubt the accuracy of the transmission temp reporting that I am getting. This morning I went down the mountains about 20km and on the way back up I held it in 5th manually wherever possible to encourage the converter to slip and thus generate some heat - altitude gain was probably about 4-500 metres. The ambient temp was a little over 20c but the tranny reading only got just over 40c and I would have expected it to be higher. Also, again this morning the start temp for the tranny was down to 9c and the engine coolant 15c - why are they starting out so different, given it was over 12 hours sitting in a cold garage?
                          I'm thinking of fiddling with the algorithm and changing the -50 setting to see if I can get the two "cold" start temps to read the same, and see what happens to the warm temps after doing some driving - they should rise at different rates, the engine more quickly than the transmission.
                          Any other ideas would be welcomed.

Comment

• gaz1
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Blue Mountains NSW

Setting the algorithm value to 40 gave transmission/coolant gauge readings within 1c of each other this morning before first startup. I'll watch what happens for a while and decide whether to do more adjustment up or down to get them starting at equal readings.
                            A possible reason that I have needed to adjust the algorithm is that being a V6, my NT retains the JATCO transmission whereas (I'm guessing) that Glen who created the guidelines for the PID has a diesel with the AISIN transmission, there may be some difference in the electronics. More web browsing reveals that apparently JATCO originated from a Nissan development, whereas AISIN has links to Toyota, and I also read somewhere that the PID numbers starting with 21 are typically a Toyota PID....??? Seems to be working for my Paj.
                            Such fun.
                            Garry
                            Last edited by gaz1; 20-09-17, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• v8r
                              • May 2014
                              • mudgee, nsw

Just to throw another curly one into the whole transmission temperature Saga, I just set up my NS VRX diesel auto with Torque Pro and an elm327 dongle. I needed 2102, a-40 and auto for my settings to work
                              My Fuelly.com stats

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X