• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmannion
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Birth place of QLD

Goodnight Scrub NP & Boolboonda Tunnel

Did a day trip today starting off from Gin Gin and heading south west out to Goodnight Scrub, Paradise Dam then onto Mount Perry, Boolboonda Tunnel and back to Gin Gin. About a 138km loop consisting mainly of dirt roads with a little low range work but nothing major. Absolute cracker of a day weather wise with sunny clear blue skies and about 27 deg.

Lookout was a bit of a let down as the trees and bushes were obscuring most of the view.

Top of lookout

On the way back down

Boab Tree

End of the road

Unless you have a boat!

Cooking lunch

A glimpse of the dam wall

Bush light lol

Rest stop at Mount Perry, great little town

The tunnel

Lights ablaze

02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee
  • Herman4x4
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2009
    • Melton, Victoria

Looks like it was a good day trip.
    How does your shovel holder go on? I have one from an old 60 series I had many moons ago and have always meant to modify it to fit but not sure of the best way to attach.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• mmannion
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • Birth place of QLD

It has a plate that fits behind the spare wheel with 25mm box section that sticks through the centre of wheel (centre cap removed), the box section has two threaded holes and the axe/shovel holder slips over this and held in place with two bolts. It's a commercially available one, pro quip I think is the brand.

EDIT; 4x4 equipment is the brand.
      02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

Comment

• mmannion
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • Birth place of QLD

Short video of the bats in the tunnel.

Comment

• GHendo
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Northern NSW

Nice pics - have to remember the area when I get up that way.

Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Herman4x4
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Melton, Victoria

thanks for that. might be better to replace with a new one.
            Cheers,
            Andrew.
            Cheers,
            Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
            Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• mmannion
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2008
              • Birth place of QLD

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
              Nice pics - have to remember the area when I get up that way.

Geoff
              Thanks Geoff, if you're ever up this way shoot me a PM and if I'm able to I will show you some spots or at least point you in the right direction.

Originally posted by Herman4x4 View Post
              thanks for that. might be better to replace with a new one.
              Cheers,
              Andrew.
              Yeah they are not that expensive and a good product. It also gave me somewhere to mount the LED work light that I can just unplug and it comes off as one with the axe/shovel holder.

Comment

• hinsch
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2010
                • Perth

Looks like a good trip pity it is so far from Perth
                NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• GHendo
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • Northern NSW

Originally posted by mmannion View Post
                  Thanks Geoff, if you're ever up this way shoot me a PM and if I'm able to I will show you some spots or at least point you in the right direction.
                  I'll remember that mate - the wife's got an aunty up that way that she keeps saying she wants to visit, so we might make it one day.

Cheers

Geoff
                  03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• lenny05
                    • Mar 2011
                    • Brisbane (Albany Creek)

Drove the baby tow truck thru there in August 2011....Tried to get thru the top end of Paradise dam as well but stopped at the top of the main track as I didn't think there would be anywhere to turn around further down...Been meaning to get up there with the Paj to check it out
                    Attached Files
                    2001 NM 3.5ltr manual, 2"Lovells lift, D694 LT265/70/16, ECB alloy bar, Hella lights, Uniden UHF, Rhino track mount and basket, Cargo barrier, awning, Home made drawers.

Comment

• mmannion
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • Birth place of QLD

Cool pics Lenny. I couldn't find Kaliwa Hut, think you might have to cross the water where the track ends and continues on the other side........

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X