• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jackall
    • Jan 2013
    • Wagga wagga NSW

Wagga wagga

Im relatively new to wagga and was wondering if anyone could tell me of any good tracks?
    Also if you know of any good fishing/ camping spots?

Cheers

Jack
    Cheers
    Jack
  • psproule
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Googong, NSW

Locally, not much. There is a bit of fun to be had in some of the river reserves if you dont mind mud. There is also a bit of play space out in the forrest near Big Springs. The better stuff is up in the mountains. Most of the NSW side of the Snowys national park is padlocked but most of the pine plantations are state forrest and open. On the Batlow side of Blowering there is much adventure to be had in a day trip. Further south from Corryong it starts to get interesting as you are into the Vic High Country. A good day trip is up to the peak of Mt Pinnabar. All the snowy hydro dams are good for fishing / camping and there are lots of them. Our favourite is Khancoban but I'll have to kill you now that I have told you about it. Everything west of here is flat and boring until you hit Broken Hill.
    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Jimmy01
      • Apr 2013
      • Wagga Wagga

Hey Jackall, heaps of good river reserves around for fishing and camping. Grab a copy of Jamin Forbes book on fishing and camping the murrumbidgee. Lists all the reserves from Gundagai to Narrandera - well worth a read. Should be on the shelf at complete angler and probably also BCF.
      1999 NL 'Escape' 3.5 V6. GQ coils rear lift, front TB wound up, 15" black sunraysias with 32" motorway mongrels, ECB aluminium bullbar, full length roofcage, Thomas blue tongue air compressor with 12l tank, 12000lb Runva winch with dyneema rope, uniden UHF, home made water tank.

Comment

• Quietguy
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2011
        • Forster, NSW

[QUOTE=Jackall;283866]Im relatively new to wagga and was wondering if anyone could tell me of any good tracks?
        Also if you know of any good fishing/ camping spots?

There is a nice spot at Oura, free to camp, got toilets, can launch your boat or just camp right next to the river

David

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X