• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scarecrow73
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2008
    • Sheidow Park SA

Tassie adventure

Really?? No threads!! I drag the camper trailer and wife and child all the way over from SA and nothing. Tad disappointed. Currently in launceston then heading over Bay of Fires before heading south to Hobart etc. Here for another 2.5 weeks and do far loving the scenery etc. and the Boags!!
    SOLD!!! 2007 NS GLX DiD - Alloy Bar, BFG ATR's, OL Police Spec battery tray, MM Cargo Barrier, Projecta Dual Battery Isolator, Airtech snorkel, Electronic Brake Controller, Ultragauge EM, Stebel Air Horn, overhead console with Uniden UHF, GoPro Hero 2

2011 Sar Major Off Road Camper Trailer
    2011 VW Golf 118 TSI (DSG grrrrrr )
  • awbeattie381
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Inner West, Sydney

Make sure you visit Corinna on the west coast (north of strahan). Its a bit inland from the coast but its a stunning area. The little cruise they run is worth it apparently on the Pieman River to the heads. We kayaked there but didnt get as far as the heads.

Also, Bruny Island is worth a trip, particularly down the southern end.

While you are down that way, Cockle Creek is magic apparently (we didnt visit).

Check out my thread for a few piccies.

Enjoy your trip!
    Andrew
    1989 NG Superwagon V6
    2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
    1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

• tomwithannl
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Maria Coast Tasmania.

Scarecrow73, don’t want to Hijack but I thought I would show Andrew how the accommodation we gave him and his wife has changed since his overnight
      stay with us 12 months ago.

Here is an offer for Scarecrow73, if you make it down to Port Huon (on the way to the Tahune Airwalk, Hastings Caves, the thermal springs and Cockle Creek) you are welcome to try the place out for a night in exchange for your honest opinion on it becoming a holiday let. It has two bedrooms with everything included and I am sure it would be a welcome break from the camper trailer. (There is parking for your trailer and car and who knows might even be a nice day to take the boat out for a run)
      PM me if you are interested.

Tom
      Last edited by tomwithannl; 26-11-12, 06:09 AM.
      1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
      1953 Morris Minor ute
      1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
      2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

• NTX
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2010
        • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Certainly can't knock Tassie hospitality!

Tom that looks straight out of a glossy brochure. Having stayed at lots of similar properties over the years and including around Tassie a few years back, that looks the goods to me.
        Im sure Andrew will enjoy the digs if he so chooses to take up your offer. It wont be for a while, but I will have to look you up. Make sure you let us all know how to make bookings if you go ahead with your plans.

Cheers, Matt.
        2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• awbeattie381
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Inner West, Sydney

Teresa was sitting next to me when I was viewing this thread. You guys certainly dont muck around do you?? Great work!! looks a million dollars. I hope you have kept the wood fire!!

We will have to come and check it out next time we are down that way!!

PS I didnt want to dob you in...for a stay :O)
          Andrew
          1989 NG Superwagon V6

Comment

• tomwithannl
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Maria Coast Tasmania.

Originally posted by awbeattie381 View Post
            Teresa was sitting next to me when I was viewing this thread. You guys certainly dont muck around do you?? Great work!! looks a million dollars. I hope you have kept the wood fire!!

We will have to come and check it out next time we are down that way!!

PS I didnt want to dob you in...for a stay :O)
            Hi Andrew and Teresa.
            Unfortunately the wood fire had to go, too much of a chance someone might accidentally burn the place down BUT it does have a gas fire
            Let us know if you make it down this way again, SPECIAL PAJERO FORUM MATES RATES will apply

Tom
            1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
            1953 Morris Minor ute
            1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
            2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

• tassie devil
              • Jun 2012
              • campania hobart

richmond is a nice place to visit,the pies from the bakery are fantastic.i live just down the road in campania
              bushranger hid spotlights

Comment

• pauld
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2010
                • Melbourne

If you get to the West you can drive on the beach at Strachan and there are some dunes just on the North side. The river cruise on the Gordon River is well worth it. Heading North from Strachan there is a 4wd track that goes to Montezuma Falls that is worth doing - I couldn't tell you the name of the tracks but on the way back down we turned right and took some different tracks back out to the highway which included some good river crossings.
                2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• awbeattie381
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Inner West, Sydney

Originally posted by scarecrow73 View Post
                  loving the scenery etc. and the Boags!!
                  Forgot to mention this before but be carefule where you drink Boags. There is an invisible line drawn across the state where boags cant be consumed. That would be cascade territory...
                  Andrew
                  1989 NG Superwagon V6

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X