• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tima tabonk
    • Apr 2013
    • beaconsfield

torque it throttle controller

Hi,

Ive just been looking at the "torque it" Throttle controller that TJM are now selling. Apparently they remove the delay in throttle response.
    From what I understand they speed up the electronic message from the throttle when you push the pedal down to the ECU making the vehicle more responsive and remove/reduce the lag which the Challenger/Titon 2.5TD suffer from. This making the car feel more powerful without increasing the actual power?
    I have also heard that they can play havoc with cars fitted with DPF which I still cant clearly tell if the PB Challenger or MN Tritons actually have?
    Just wondering if any body has fitted one to the 2.5TD and what they think, are they worth the $ or is saving that bit more for a full chip n exhaust system a better option. Any feed back would be great. Tahnks
  • Toddyh
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Lalor Park, NSW

All these things (sometimes called wind booster too) do it amplify the throttle signal. If you push down 50% and the ECU you would normally read 50%, these things trick the ECU into thinking you have pusher harder (say like 90%).
    If you want to go faster push the accelerator harder and save your cash.

The other down side is that off-road they can become overly sensitive. Normally when you apply say 10% throttle while crawling over a bumpy section your foot might get bumped around a bit and you might hit the throttle to 20%. With one of these things in that same bump could result in 50% throttle. Not good.
    2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• Stoneman
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2012
      • Melbourne

A lot of triton guys have them fitted and think they are great

It's not as simple as just putting your foot down

It helps in take off and some 4wd show actually think they are most handy in the bush, I my self can't say from experience but understand how they would

If they are set to high they will make it sensitive when 4wding so would need to experiment with the settings

I had one fitted to my paj but for other reasons it was removed, unrelated to challengers and triton.
      NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• coughy
        Valued Member
        • May 2014
        • Redlands Brisbane QLD

ive got the wind booster on mine and yes it is great work a treat you can change settings on the fly and turn it of if needed
        makes the car more responsive not more power tho
        My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
        New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• TheTaipan
          Banned
          • Jan 2009
          • sydney

@ $230.00. Save you money and put it towards a chip.

Comment

• Stoneman
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2012
            • Melbourne

It's actually sparked my interest again with this throttle buffering

I'm just not fully convinced yet it would make a difference for me

But I'm starting to think it maybe worth it as its not so much the lack of power but the lack of response

Turbo lag or throttle buffering is the question?

Comment

• Turtleman
              • Aug 2012
              • Perth

Here we go again hahaha

Another postive in having one this end great mod worth the money
              I have the windbooster and off road I set it to normal and on road P1

Comment

• fester
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Gympie Qld

I'll leave the throttle rubbish alone for others to debate, I've said my bit before. I was only thinking the other day whether one of these would actually counteract the buffering for manual owners.

I will confirm for you that the Challenger/Triton definitely DOES NOT have a DPF.
                Last edited by fester; 06-02-15, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Stoneman
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by fester View Post
                  I'll leave the throttle rubbish alone for others to debate, I've said my bit before. I was only thinking the other day whether one of these would actually counteract the buffering for manual owners.

I will confirm for you that the Challenger/Triton definitely DOES NOT have a DPF.
                  The DPF is why I removed it from the paj

Comment

• Stoneman
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2012
                    • Melbourne

Originally posted by Turtleman View Post
                    Here we go again hahaha

Another postive in having one this end great mod worth the money
                    I have the windbooster and off road I set it to normal and on road P1

That's the beauty of a forum

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X