• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejrow
    • Aug 2019
    • Seddon

Fitting weathershields

Has anyone had any experience fitting weathershields to their NS?

I recently bought a genuine set from a supplier for my 2007 SWB, only the brackets and clips weren't included in the box. I've contacted Mitsubishi and they can't sell the mounting kit independently. I'm wondering if a generic kit exists out there that will do the job? I have considered just mounting it with the adhesive tape only but this seems rather risky.

Cheers!
  • dc80
    • Jan 2019
    • Perth

I picked up a used set of genuine weather shields which included the bonnet protector. No clips included. From inspecting the weather shields it looks like double sided tape is used as I can see a adhesive residue line from where the tape once was.

OCAM sell aftermarket and they include double sided tape in their kit which also leads me to this conclusion. OCAM recommend heating before affixing the weathershield and tape to the door frame:

If you purchased the bonnet protector, OCAM also set a clip set to mount it.
    2016 NX GLS MY16 | MMA towbar | Boo's bash plates | ProVent 200 catch can | 2" Lovells MD (F+R) + Bilsteins | Stedi 28" ST4K | Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/60R18 | Yokohama Geolandar G015 LT265/70R17 | iDRIVE | Redarc Tow Pro Elite | Nautia switch panel

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

My weathershields also only use double sided tape provided. They weren't genuine ones just cheapies off ebay. 4 years later and still solid with no issues
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• hostile
        • Aug 2014
        • Brisbane

I bought and installed the ocam shields so far so good. Really helps on hot days when I have to park in the sun
        2008 Ns vrx 3.8 v6

Comment

• Kingmarz
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2016
          • South Island New Zealand

I brought some originals second hand in good nick and just threw away the clips and used Repco brand double sided tape. Cost me $30 for shields and $33 for tape so Won’t be loosing sleep if I loose one.
          02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• dreamerman
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2009
            • Sydney

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
            My weathershields also only use double sided tape provided. They weren't genuine ones just cheapies off ebay. 4 years later and still solid with no issues
            Me too
            03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X