• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lucasmaz
    • Mar 2017
    • Sydney

Transmission fluid ATF-PA

Hi all

I believe I have found an aftermarket oil to suit the AISIN transmission requiring DIAQUEEN ATF-PA

It’s nylons multi vehicle automatic transmission fluid LOW VISCOSITY (link below)

Nulons have always had a multi vehicle ATF that they claimed was suitable but when looked at the manufacturer recommended specs it’s was for ATF-SPiii

Found it for 217$ half the price of the genuine stuff

Would like to know your thoughts and if anyone has used this
    2011 NT automatic 3.2ltr RX pearl white

ARB deluxe bullbar| runva xp11 premium winch|2inch bilstein with kings spring HHD front and constant 300kg rears|safari snorkel|265/65/18 bf Goodrich AT| 270ah battery in 3rd seat compartment run by ctek Ds250 and smart pass 120 |projecta bm320| provent catch can|scan gauge II|Boos bash plate - intercooler,sump, transfer, rear bar plate|Custom made rear drawer system| MSA drop down fridge slide| cfx50 fridge
  • DaveH
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2010
    • sydney

If you want to be sure write to Nulon and ask if they will guarantee the "Full Synthetic Multi Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid" in the Mitsubishi NT auto for warranty purposes.

If they say anything other than YES then it is not an exact replacement eg if they say suitable after the warranty period I would be skeptical.
    2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

• rykiel575
      • Sep 2017
      • Sydney

There is also a penrite fully synthetic at fluid that others have been using.
      2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• benckj
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2017
        • Alexandra , New Zealand

The Penrite FS is suitable for SPII replacement which is used in the NS trans. I think the gen 4 trans requires a different spec. Might pay to flick them an email all the same and see what they come back with. From my experience the Penrite people are very helpful.

Comment

• rykiel575
          • Sep 2017
          • Sydney

the penrite one is

ATF Multivehicle LV is the latest generation technology, full synthetic, multi-vehicle, low viscosity automatic transmission fluid meeting the requirements of Ford MERCON®-LV and GM DEXRON®-Vl, as well as many other manufacturer specifications. It is an advanced formulation automatic transmission fluid designed for optimum performance and outstanding high temperature resistance and it provides 2.5 x times the smooth shift durability over the life of the fluid compared to the industry standard anti shudder test. Application ATF Multivehicle LV is suitable for long drain use in 4, 5 6 + speed automatic transmissions in passenger cars, 4WD's and light duty commercial vehicles. ATF LV is particularly suitable for use in GM Hydra-Matic transmissions, requiring GM DEXRON®-Vl from MY 2006 onwards, such as Holden VE/VF Series as well as in late model Ford transmissions requiring Ford MERCON®-LV, as used in Ford Kuga petrol 1.6 4WD, Territory SZ diesels and Ford Ranger PX models. It can also be used in Toyota/Lexus vehicles that specify Type WS fluids, Kia/Hyundai/Mitsubishi vehicles requiring SP-IV and in other applications where low viscosity fluids are required. These include in some Nissan, Honda and BMW models. ATF LV is backwards compatible with all previous GM DEXRON® recommendations. It can be used to top up systems that require older specification automatic transmission fluids such as DEXRON®-III, MERCON®, JWS 3309 (Type T-IV), LT 71141, Chrysler ATF +4 and many others. It is also suitable for power steering systems requiring automatic transmission fluid as well as rotary vane and screw type compressors and hydraulic systems requiring an ISO 32 oil. Note: ATF LV Replaces ATF DX Vl Not for use in 6 and 8 speed ZF transmissions or 7 speed Mercedes Benz transmissions Please refer to Penrite Recommendation Guide for the correct applications A 58mm cap with pouring tap is available to fit 20 litre packs. https://penriteoil.com.au/products/58mm-plastic-tap

says its compatible with the mitsubishi / dia queen PA spec.
          2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• aussieintas
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2013
            • Sorell, Tasmania

Just to clarify benckj the NS is a gen 4 too but they changed the auto box in the NT onwards.
            2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
            88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
            92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
            92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
            99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
            95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
            08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Stacho
              • Apr 2018
              • Perth

Penrite multi vehicle low viscosity is going for $202 from SCA with free delivery. Same stuff as the Nulon. Not sure about standing by it in the warranty period though worth the question.

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
                • Aug 2012
                • Brisbane, Southside

Penrith ATF

I’ve used Penrite ATF for years with no issues at all, firstly in my NP Paj (ATF MHP from memory) and latterly in the NT Paj used ATF LV FS.

Ive never had a problem with the auto using penrite fluids. Also I’m a great believer in the old taxi procedure of partial txmsn oil changes in line with engine oil changes. Every second oil change drain about 4 litres out of the txmsn and replace with same amount of fresh oil, doesn’t cost much and I believe keeps the tranny happy. Bloody autocorrect!
                Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
                Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• miniyazz
                  • Jul 2018
                  • Alice Springs

Just to revive this thread - I found this on the Repco website which states it is suitable for MM SP2/3 & MM PA; it is a semi-synth multivehicle ATF: https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/p...-4l/p/A9307306

Not a bad price at $40.59 for 4L or about $140 for 20L.

I'm still looking for other options but this does seem a suitable fluid, no?

Comment

• rykiel575
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Sydney

When i flushed my tranny i used castrol mecron LV.
                    If you are sydney based i know a place to get it at 55ish per 4L
                    2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• _jp_
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • Adelaide Hills, SA

Originally posted by rykiel575 View Post
                      When i flushed my tranny i used castrol mercon LV.
                      This is what was used on my NW at 90000km. No complaints here.
                      NW GLXR - SOLD
                      --------------
                      EVO 6 TME

Comment

• grpcbr
                        • Aug 2007
                        • Adelaide

Penrite ATF FS

I went with the Penrite ATF FS at the time as the specs indicated it was equivalent to ATF-PA (List in the owners manual). Has done well for me.

ATF FS Multi Vehicle is a full synthetic, highly shear stable, multi vehicle, red coloured, automatic transmission fluid that exceeds the requirements of Ford Mercon®V and GM Dexron®IIIH as well as many other manufacturers requirements. It is an advanced formula designed for optimum performance, outstanding high temperature resistance and it provides 5 x times the smooth shift durability over the life of the fluid compared to the industry standard anti shudder test. Application ATF FS Multi-Vehicle is particularly suitable for long drain use in 4, 5 6 + speed automatic transmissions in passenger cars, 4WD' and light commercial vehicles. ATF FS Multi-Vehicle can be used in European transmissions, heavy duty automatic transmissions such as ZF, Citroen, Mercedes Benz, Renault, Volvo and VAG (Volkswagen Automotive Group) vehicles, as well as other European manufacturers (such as Volvo, Ford and Jaguar) that use Aisin or JATCO automatic transmissions. ATF FS Multi-Vehicle can be used in Toyota vehicles that specify Type T-II, Type T-III and Type T-IV, as well as in Nissan vehicles where Nissan Nissanmatic C, D, J, K S* are required. Suitable for use in Mitsubishi where SP2/SP3/PA is specified as well as in selected Honda, Hyundai, Subaru Kia motor vehicles including applications where low viscosity fluids are required. ATF FS Multi-Vehicle can be used in GM Holden Astra, Barina, Zafira and Vectra 4 and 5 speed automatic transmissions. It can also be used in Chrysler / Dodge Jeep automatic transmissions where ATF+3® or ATF+4® fluids are required. It can also be used where GM DEXRON® II and III fluids are recommended by the manufacturer. ATF FS Multi-Vehicle can be used in power steering systems, rotary vane and screw type compressors, hydraulic systems and manual transmissions where GM DEXRON® type fluids are specified and/or where high temperatures may be experienced such as in competition. Please Note: Not for use in 6 and 8 speed ZF transmissions or 7 speed Mercedes Benz transmissions. Not for use in Direct-Shift or Dual Clutch Gearboxes (DSG/ DCT) or Continuously Variable Transmissions (CVT) Please refer to Penrite Recommendation Guide for the correct applications friction characteristic of Nissanmatic S, Kia SP4, Hyundai SP4, Toyota WS DEXRON® VI Please Note: A 58mm cap with pouring tap is available to fit 20 litre packs. https://penriteoil.com.au/products/58mm-plastic-tap

2011 NT Diesel Auto

Cheers

Comment

• rykiel575
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Sydney

Castrol too

https://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/B023BDCAF94CBC148025827C001DF226/$File/BPXE-AYKDN8.pdf

If Castrol wasn't available i would have gone with penrite so as long as it meets LV/PA should be good.

The penrite isalso quite a bit cheaper.
                          2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• Rado
                            • Sep 2011
                            • Manchester

I've had the ATF fluid changed, it seems it is available in Australia http://www.ravenol.com.au/product.php?code=1211126

Comment

• Scooby
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2011
                              • Ipswich, Qld.

I am about to do an auto trans oil service, flush soon.
                              Any negatives to any of the oils mentioned here?
                              Castrol, Nulon, Penrite.
                              All available easily.
                              Vehicle used to tow horse float, so upto 3t.
                              Was going to use MM oil but $550 for 20l is a bit steep.
                              Previous had a NM so am very careful about oil selection in autos these days.
                              Any feed back would be good.
                              How many km’s, what type of use ie towing, 4wding etc,
                              Oil change intervals.
                              Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X