• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

Aus weekend Cells River NSW (video)

G'day guys,

I took a quick trip upto the cells river area with a few mates in their landcrusiers over the Aussie weekend.

What's more Aussie than hitting the tracks with the mates in the 4x4s and spending the weekend with good company.

We're all from the Newcastle area, so we begun there and headed out through Gloucester.

I didn't start the trip recording until a bit past there but managed to get most of the interesting stuff. I used locus maps on the android head unit for anyone who is interested.

The first day was a big one heading up through knorrit (didn't stop but going back) and on to check out dingo tops camp ground.

Roads in a pretty easy but are quite tight in some spots.

If you're worried about the duco, don't follow my route

there were also some minor water crossings but most looked like this one below with minimal water in them. Law has it though, that they can fill up pretty quick and roads can change with a bit of rain. So be on your toes.

Whilst in the area we checked out Rowleys look out

Well worth the look if you're up there.

Be prepared for the walk up Rowley's though if you take it on, she's only short but bloody steep.

Take some water up with you.

and blue knob fire tower look out.This one you can drive right up to .

We headed for our first night at the Hilton near the Cells River but there was already someone there.

Luckily one of my mates told us about a camp back across the creek/river there and it turned out to be even better and with no one else there. we settled in for the night.

from there we headed straight up the hill exiting the Hilton, which provided some nice but moderate driving challenges.

Can't be that hard though, all the landcruisers made it.

The Paj was suffering some major power issues as per this thread https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=63365

but still managed to keep up no probs just a little slower.

After a good few hours of tracks (and getting lost) we headed out via the Oxley and over to the long flatt pub for some lunch .

At 40 plus degrees most of the awesome lunch was left sitting on the table as we headed back to the AC of the cars and down to Comboyne on the way to Swan's crossing for night 2.

Swans is a nice spot and was reasonably quiet for a long weekend. I think the heat saw to that.

We weren't complaining though.

With the weekend coming to a close, we headed back out through Kew and down the freeway, which was a shit trip back for me struggling to keep it around 100kmh with my issue.

One of my solar panels also came loose on the freeway but I have some spare bits in the back to sort that out.

Still, nothing like a good rattle on the roof to make you pucker up a bit.

As always, here's a video of the weekend.

I hope you enjoy

Attached Files
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Looks great, will watch the vid. What make are those almost-hexagonal awnings? Haven’t seen those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• NTBenny
      • May 2017
      • Newcastle

Another great production Brett. Thanks for sharing.

Benny
      2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• denmonkey
        • Oct 2017
        • Newcastle NSW

Hey HP,

2 different type. Mine is the foxwing awning and the others are the 30 second awnings.
        I've got a review included under the big thread here https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=63142
        It's under the item review section 'Foxwing vs 30 second awning comparison'
        They're a good bit of kit.

benny, thanks mate.
        I've been tracking your results with the lockup kit. it's on my list of things to do.
        cheers for sharing.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X