• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimiw
    • Jan 2017
    • Brisbane

Dual towball/bike carrier hitch

Hi guys,

anyone know a good dual towball and bike carrier hitch? was hoping for a Hayman reece but they dont seem to make them.

There are mister hitches ones anyone used these? Only seem to have 2750 kg limit which I guess is fine for the challenger anyway doubt ill find a 3000kg one

also if they are any good any need for the adjustable ball part height? or would standard be fine for challenger....I haven't towed much before and don't have anything specific to tow atm
    Last edited by jimiw; 27-12-17, 04:23 PM.
    2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.
  • 02-SR5
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2010
    • Toowoomba

I didn't know there was a 2 in one hitch?

Why not fit a bike rack that allows the trailer to hitch to the same ball too?
    MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• AshesWA
      • Dec 2017
      • Perth, Western Australia

I think Grisport in Melbourne do something like what you're after to work with a Reece style hitch. Not cheap but they're engineered and manufactured locally; best bike racks on the market.
      2013 NW GLX-R

Comment

• whynot
        • Jan 2013
        • Brisbane

Hi jimiw, I have a used reprac 3 bike carrier for sale. Base plate goes under towball. Ended up needing a 4 bike rack.
        Attached Files
        Prado 150 petrol.
        Now gone but still have great memories of adventures - 2010 PB auto Challenger, Factory tow bar, King springs, Oztec shocks, Firestone airbags, TJM steel bar, snorkel, bash plates. Redarc brake controller, custon draws, second batery in back. Anderson plug, redarc isolator, manual circuit breaker. Towing jayco eagle outback 2005.
        Turbo replaced under warranty at 159200 klm. Engine dead at 190000 klm.

Comment

• jimiw
          • Jan 2017
          • Brisbane

I already have the bike carrier hence wanting a hitch with the dual slots.

the mister hitches ones seem good just don't know if anyone here has used them and only about $100 for the fixed ball and $200 for the adjustable ball height.
          2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.

Comment

• Pajero12
            • Dec 2015
            • Adelaide

Is there a way that you can weld a sleeve on to your trailer, either on the back or the front that will accept the bike carrier? That way you will still have access to your boot, and it would be relatively easy to swap over if you were going to drop the trailer and take the bikes... Also a free storage spot when you're not using at home
            NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
            MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• jimiw
              • Jan 2017
              • Brisbane

Possibly, but the carrier swings down to clear the boot anyway

Comment

• CC2005
                • Sep 2011
                • Mornington Peninsula

Google Yakima. Yakima had some reasonable racks, I got one that can carry 4 bikes and it swings down.

Cheers
                PB MY11 LS 4D56 - auto, with stuff.

Comment

• jimiw
                  • Jan 2017
                  • Brisbane

yeah I don't need the rack, have a 4 way one that swings out of the way perfectly fine....just looking for a decent hitch that has the double adapter for the bike carrier. Don't have a trailer will just be borrowing a friends so welding another bracket onto that isn't an option.

anyone used the mr hitches ones?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X