• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danielb 76
    • Jun 2017
    • Melbourne

Munji

I have one for sale in Melb happy to take $60 for it happy to post your expense iwent catch can instead

Comment

• whereswes
      • Feb 2015
      • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by BanjoPato View Post
      I would be interested to hear from any members with mechanical expertise who may have an optinion as to whether my perscieved better performance could be true.
      I've got the SPV module which I believe works on similar logic. Looking at the claims on Munji's website, I offer the following.

1. Performance gains At first I thought so but after having on and off for several services, hardly noticeable (including better fuel consumption negligible, smoother boost/power delivery somewhat agree, cleaner air will do that).

2. Quieter running engine. Debatable, I believe runs rougher at idle with the module fitted.

3. Clean, fresh air intake. Can't argue

4. No limp mode or fault codes. Can't argue

If your looking for performance and economy gains from these products, neglible. If your looking to run a cleaner intake and save costly inlet manifold removal and desooting (in some cases well under 100,00kms), it's well worth the price.

Just my observations.

Cheers
      Wes
      Last edited by whereswes; 12-12-17, 10:31 PM.
      2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

• Apollo
        • Dec 2016
        • Cooloola Coast QLD

Originally posted by whereswes View Post
        I've got the SPV module which I believe works on similar logic. Looking at the claims on Munji's website, I offer the following.

1. Performance gains At first I thought so but after having on and off for several services, hardly noticeable (including better fuel consumption negligible, smoother boost/power delivery somewhat agree, cleaner air will do that).

2. Quieter running engine. Debatable, I believe runs rougher at idle with the module fitted.

3. Clean, fresh air intake. Can't argue

4. No limp mode or fault codes. Can't argue

If your looking for performance and economy gains from these products, neglible. If your looking to run a cleaner intake and save costly inlet manifold removal and desooting (in some cases well under 100,00kms), it's well worth the price.

Just my observations.

Cheers
        Wes
        About as good a review as I could of made too. I am seeing the same from mine.

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Apollo View Post
          About as good a review as I could of made too. I am seeing the same from mine.
          I have the SPV module on my NW and agree with this. The egr mod was fitted so my engine was running clean. I dare say there could be mileage and performance increases on some vehicles...would not be significant though.. Cleaner oil means longer bearing life!
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Danielb 76
            • Jun 2017
            • Melbourne

Munji

But my question is can these have any long term affects on vehicle turbo issues etc . I had one fitted only for matter of weeks was much tougher idle also a lot noiser on acceleration . Fuel economy didn’t really notice a difference . If it is trickingthe egr wit lower air temp what else is it tricking as well . Hence why I’m gone catch can .

Comment

• littleriver
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2013
              • Queensland

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
              I have the SPV module on my NW and agree with this. The egr mod was fitted so my engine was running clean. I dare say there could be mileage and performance increases on some vehicles...would not be significant though.. Cleaner oil means longer bearing life!
              have you done an oil analysis test lately ... would be keen to see the results on your next oil change ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                have you done an oil analysis test lately ... would be keen to see the results on your next oil change ...

Like 99% of the general population I dont bother with engine oil analysis. Top quality oils, good filters and regular servicing will suffice nicely. With the catch can and the egr mod my oil stays clean a hell of a lot longer. Less soot in the oil can only help.Had oil change done 5 weeks ago and mechanic , who is a mate, even said the oil is clean compared to the usual toyota,s he gets. He also has the catch can and egr mod on his NS Pajero...oil condition same as mine.
                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• itsamitsi
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2015
                  • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                  With the catch can and the egr mod my oil stays clean a hell of a lot longer.
                  You clearly don't own a Challenger.....
                  Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
                    You clearly don't own a Challenger.....
                    Your not wrong! However I would be surprised to find that the oil in a Challenger , with the 2 mods added, would not show an improvement in oil cleanliness. Dont forget that if doing these mods to an older vehicle there will be a build up of sludge in the engine that really should be cleaned out. May take several attempts to clean.
                    Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• KevL
                      • May 2015
                      • Murphys Creek

The oil goes black in the bottle as you approach a challenger.
                      No amount of catch cans and egr deletes will make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jackman
                        • Dec 2010
                        • Gold Coast

Originally posted by KevL View Post
                        The oil goes black in the bottle as you approach a challenger.
                        No amount of catch cans and egr deletes will make a difference.

I concur...
                        2021 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLX. 18'' ROH Hostile wheels and 265/65/18 Yokohama tyres.

Comment

• MiteeWidge
                          • Mar 2014
                          • Townsville

x3
                          2011 Challenger 30th Anniversary Manual , OEM nudge bar , GME 3100 UHF , seat spacers , OEM tow bar , Rydge Ryder Awning , Dueler 265/65/17's , Munji egr , Ultragauge , ABR Sidewinder Flyer dual battery box , TJM Gold 4000 suspension , Plazmaman Intercooler hoses , Stedi ST4K 28'' light bar , 2 Stedi 7'' Type X , Pedders 5899 cones , Provent 200 catch can .

Comment

• itsamitsi
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2015
                            • Hervey Bay Queensland

X4.....
                            Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• amec
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2015
                              • Wamberal

My catch can catches the black oil, keeping the rest of the oil clean like honey.
                              PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• KevL
                                • May 2015
                                • Murphys Creek

Originally posted by amec View Post
                                My catch can catches the black oil, keeping the rest of the oil clean like honey.

You don’t drive a challenger?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X