X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Birchy17
    • Sep 2014
    • Augusta WA

Has anyone had to pay for this loom replacement yet? Well out of warranty for me so just wondering if I'm up for big $$$ to get this fixed?

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Birchy17 View Post
      Has anyone had to pay for this loom replacement yet? Well out of warranty for me so just wondering if I'm up for big $$$ to get this fixed?
      I have not heard of anyone having to or being asked pay for this. My belief is that Mitsubishi has to cover this cost whether the car is under warranty or not as it is a manufacturing problem and subject to a National Recall.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
        I have not heard of anyone having to or being asked pay for this. My belief is that Mitsubishi has to cover this cost whether the car is under warranty or not as it is a manufacturing problem and subject to a National Recall.

OJ.
        X2

Possibly put the cooling system campaign on that list also

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Birchy17
          • Sep 2014
          • Augusta WA

OJ.
          Thanks for the reply OJ. I wasn't aware it was under recall. Haven't even had the cooling system recall done yet so might have to get my ass into gear.

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Originally posted by Birchy17 View Post
            Thanks for the reply OJ. I wasn't aware it was under recall. Haven't even had the cooling system recall done yet so might have to get my ass into gear.
            NB it's not a recall it's a cooling system campaign ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• chillipepperz
              • Feb 2017
              • Adelaide

Reviving an old and detailed thread. Removed my drivers seat to recover a couple of small items and noticed airbag light on when reinstalled. Wife took a trip to local Mitsi dealer today and had the code cleared...I hope thats a fix.

Thanks to all who posted in this thread over the years. It was very helpful.

For reference its a 2014 PC Challenger

Cheers!
              Andrew
              2014 Challenger: Factory tow bar | Factory alloy bullbar | Kings LED’s | Window tint | Kumho Mt-51's | Munji EGR Delete | Provent 200 | Redarc Towpro | UHF in dash| Custom rear drawers and fridge slide | 130AH rear AGM battery | Aldi roof bars and Kings awning | Kings Springs KCFR55T front KCRR23 rear and Bilstein shocks. Soon: guards.

Comment

• el_keano
                • Jun 2016
                • Melbourne

OJ.
                I'm being asked to pay for the repir

I've got a 2010 PB XLS 5 Seat Auto with 220,000km on the clock.
                Full service history (unfortunately not from Mits). I took it in to check the codes, they came back and advised that it's both looms that require replacement. Have been quoted $1250 for parts and labour. I asked for goodwill (considering it's happened to every single Challenger out there that I know of). Goodwill was denied

Needless to say, I'm not impressed
                2010 PB Challenger, 2" Lift, Runva 11,000 pound winch, MCC Bull bar

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by el_keano View Post
                  I'm being asked to pay for the repir

I've got a 2010 PB XLS 5 Seat Auto with 220,000km on the clock.
                  Full service history (unfortunately not from Mits). I took it in to check the codes, they came back and advised that it's both looms that require replacement. Have been quoted $1250 for parts and labour. I asked for goodwill (considering it's happened to every single Challenger out there that I know of). Goodwill was denied

Needless to say, I'm not impressed
                  If Dealer will not do this then go direct to MMAL Customer Service, this is a known fault and is a fault from manufacturer and is not related to vehicle age or mileage. If you do not get a positive result then post on their Facebook site asking why?

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Giddyup
                    • Oct 2013
                    • Melbourne

If Dealer will not do this then go direct to MMAL Customer Service, this is a known fault and is a fault from manufacturer and is not related to vehicle age or mileage. If you do not get a positive result then post on their Facebook site asking why?

OJ.
                    Forget about doing any of that. You've given Mitsubishi a chance to fix it, they've refused. So go to consumer affairs and put in a complaint. Unless you prefer to continue to be given the run around and denial by Mitsubishi.
                    MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• littleriver
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • Queensland

Originally posted by Giddyup View Post
                      Forget about doing any of that. You've given Mitsubishi a chance to fix it, they've refused. So go to consumer affairs and put in a complaint. Unless you prefer to continue to be given the run around and denial by Mitsubishi.
                      it's the Dealer here he is dealing with ... they need to put in the warranty claim first ...
                      then if it is refused can take further steps ...

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                        it's the Dealer here he is dealing with ... they need to put in the warranty claim first ...
                        then if it is refused can take further steps ...

Think you missed this from OP.

I took it in to check the codes, they came back and advised that it's both looms that require replacement. Have been quoted $1250 for parts and labour. I asked for goodwill (considering it's happened to every single Challenger out there that I know of). Goodwill was denied

Comment

• littleriver
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • Queensland

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                          Think you missed this from OP.

I took it in to check the codes, they came back and advised that it's both looms that require replacement. Have been quoted $1250 for parts and labour. I asked for goodwill (considering it's happened to every single Challenger out there that I know of). Goodwill was denied
                          "EL_Keano" posted nearly a yr ago was unclear when ask by OJ

was the goodwill question put forward to Mitsubishi or to the Dealer ...

many have had their looms replaced out of warranty period ...

Comment

• el_keano
                            • Jun 2016
                            • Melbourne

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                            "EL_Keano" posted nearly a yr ago was unclear when ask by OJ

was the goodwill question put forward to Mitsubishi or to the Dealer ...

many have had their looms replaced out of warranty period ...
                            Wasn't a year ago, that was pretty recent.

I asked the question of the dealer who asked it of Mitsubishi. Goodwill was denied from Mitsubishi.
                            I called and spoke to the customer service line and was possibly better off asking a rock for a loan. Useless was an understatement

Comment

• el_keano
                              • Jun 2016
                              • Melbourne

I'm hoping we can get Mitsubishi to own up to their unsafe issue.
                              Anyone who has suffered through the dreaded Airbag light please fill out the form below to help the ACCC have vision over what has happened

Comment

• flypaul
                                • Oct 2013
                                • Cooma

PC Airbag light

Hi guys I haven't posted for a while as my vehicle has been going well.
                                But my airbag light has just come on in my 2014 PC with 125,000k on the clock.
                                Thank god for the 130,000 warranty. So heading for the stealers today so should be interesting.
                                Flypaul.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X