• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flatbiskit
    • Jan 2011
    • ACT

Originally posted by littleriver View Post

NB jump in vehicle ... start then hit that button to turn off ASC ... problem solved ...

LOL I have thought of that, even bridging out Switch so it automatically turns off. But you should not need to by-pass a safety system in the car to make it drivable.

The dealer it is at won't give it back at this stage as they deem it unsafe to drive!
    2013 Auto Challenger, TJM bull bar and 9,500Lbs winch | Icom 440n UHF | Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with air bags | Titan rear draws | Still more to come.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Flatbiskit View Post
      LOL I have thought of that, even bridging out Switch so it automatically turns off. But you should not need to by-pass a safety system in the car to make it drivable.

The dealer it is at won't give it back at this stage as they deem it unsafe to drive!
      ASC OFF switch is a momentary switch and does not have a latched position, the "latching" occurs within the ASCTC ECU. You maybe able to put another switch in the RDL circuit but I have not looked at this. ASCTC is a great safety feature and has saved my six on several occasions, I get the odd early activation ,exiting a particular service station with a steep spoon drain at the road crossover, turning left and applying lots of accelerator to get over 3 lanes of traffic within about 150 metres, when I need do this I just select "ASC OFF".

OP's issue sound much worse, hopefully the Dealer has provided a loan car since a MY2013 should still be under new car warranty.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Flatbiskit
        • Jan 2011
        • ACT

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
        ASC OFF switch is a momentary switch and does not have a latched position, the "latching" occurs within the ASCTC ECU. You maybe able to put another switch in the RDL circuit but I have not looked at this. ASCTC is a great safety feature and has saved my six on several occasions, I get the odd early activation ,exiting a particular service station with a steep spoon drain at the road crossover, turning left and applying lots of accelerator to get over 3 lanes of traffic within about 150 metres, when I need do this I just select "ASC OFF".

OP's issue sound much worse, hopefully the Dealer has provided a loan car since a MY2013 should still be under new car warranty.

OJ.
        No, no loan car. They were all booked (so they say). It does not bother me too much though as for work I need to tow a 1.5t trailer and all they have is little Hyundai's and lancers.

I was going to look at installing a bridging wire to the back of the switch but never really got there as I don't think I should have to.

As you have said OJ the ASC has helped you on many occasions, I don't want to permanently disable a feature that makes the car safer........

I also wonder if there would be any legal/insurance ramifications coming from disconnecting/disabling ASC if there was an incident???
        2013 Auto Challenger, TJM bull bar and 9,500Lbs winch | Icom 440n UHF | Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with air bags | Titan rear draws | Still more to come.

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

No, no loan car. They were all booked (so they say). It does not bother me too much though as for work I need to tow a 1.5t trailer and all they have is little Hyundai's and lancers.

I was going to look at installing a bridging wire to the back of the switch but never really got there as I don't think I should have to.

As you have said OJ the ASC has helped you on many occasions, I don't want to permanently disable a feature that makes the car safer........

I also wonder if there would be any legal/insurance ramifications coming from disconnecting/disabling ASC if there was an incident???
          Call MMA help line and inform them of your situation - then ask them for a loan car - sure they will organise one for you ... make sure to inform them of extreme importance to you

Turning off the ASC by the switch installed is all good otherwise it wouldn't be there ... permanently disabling it would be another kettle of fish

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Spoonman
            • Nov 2015
            • Canberra

You mentioned words to the effect of 'traction control/stability control light flashing on dash' - sorry if I'm stating something you already know, but they are two separate lights for two separate systems (which can work together). Has the dealer told you which light is activating when the issue occurs?

For example, I turn the stability control off when off road, so the ASC light is visible on the dash, but I can still see the traction control light flashing separately when that systems kicks in. Then as OJ stated, when you put the rear diff lock on, all the lights are visible on the dash.
            SOLD - 2012 PB Challenger LS Manual|BFG KO2 245/70/17|Opposite Lock Premium Bullbar|Kings Domin8r X Winch|HID Driving Lights|Ultimate Suspension Lift|Safari Snorkel|Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guard|Mitsubishi Towbar|Extended Diff Breathers|GME UHF|SPV EGR Mod|Provent Catch Can|Drifta Drawers

Comment

• Flatbiskit
              • Jan 2011
              • ACT

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
              Call MMA help line and inform them of your situation - then ask them for a loan car - sure they will organise one for you ... make sure to inform them of extreme importance to you

Turning off the ASC by the switch installed is all good otherwise it wouldn't be there ... permanently disabling it would be another kettle of fish

Thanks Littleriver, I did not think of MMA, I will call tham Monday mornig and see what they can do.

Comment

• Flatbiskit
                • Jan 2011
                • ACT

Originally posted by Spoonman View Post
                You mentioned words to the effect of 'traction control/stability control light flashing on dash' - sorry if I'm stating something you already know, but they are two separate lights for two separate systems (which can work together). Has the dealer told you which light is activating when the issue occurs?

For example, I turn the stability control off when off road, so the ASC light is visible on the dash, but I can still see the traction control light flashing separately when that systems kicks in. Then as OJ stated, when you put the rear diff lock on, all the lights are visible on the dash.
                It is the orange light, pic of the car with the squiggle line below it, if that makes sence. It is the only light that I have seen come on when the car slides or the wheels spin. What is the other light?

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011

There are 2 lights both orange when illuminated. One is "ASC OFF" and this lights up when the ignition is first turned on and then it goes out, it will also illuminate if the "ASC OFF" button is pushed. The second light is the ASCTC activation light, this is the "car with skid marks" it only illuminates and flashes when the ASC or the TC or both systems are operating, I would like it to beep or buzz when it is activating do you can adjust your driving style to prevent it from continuing to activate. Gen 4 Pajero's that have a superior TC system will often overheat and shutdown during long periods of operation, problem is that when the TC system is working overtime you are too busy watching the road or the track to look at the dash display.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• Flatbiskit
                    • Jan 2011
                    • ACT

There are 2 lights both orange when illuminated. One is "ASC OFF" and this lights up when the ignition is first turned on and then it goes out, it will also illuminate if the "ASC OFF" button is pushed. The second light is the ASCTC activation light, this is the "car with skid marks" it only illuminates and flashes when the ASC or the TC or both systems are operating, I would like it to beep or buzz when it is activating do you can adjust your driving style to prevent it from continuing to activate. Gen 4 Pajero's that have a superior TC system will often overheat and shutdown during long periods of operation, problem is that when the TC system is working overtime you are too busy watching the road or the track to look at the dash display.

OJ.
                    Hmm I have the ASCTC off (traction control, orange pic of car with skid marks.) Light when I press the button but I don't remember ever seeing the ASC OFF light.

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011

Hmm I have the ASCTC off (traction control, orange pic of car with skid marks.) Light when I press the button but I don't remember ever seeing the ASC OFF light.
                      The ASC OFF is an orange light of a car with skid marks and "OFF" underneath, it is directly left of the ASCTC activation light which is orange and is the car with skid mark symbol only. Both are located on the bottom edge of the RH dash display/dial.

OJ.

Comment

• Flatbiskit
                        • Jan 2011
                        • ACT

The ASC OFF is an orange light of a car with skid marks and "OFF" underneath, it is directly left of the ASCTC activation light which is orange and is the car with skid mark symbol only. Both are located on the bottom edge of the RH dash display/dial.

OJ.
                        Sorry OJ I think I am getting confused lol when I push the putting near my right knee the car with skid marks and off light comes on but that is the only one.

Are you saying there is a second one you can turn off?

I know I stuffed the last reply.

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011

Sorry OJ I think I am getting confused lol when I push the putting near my right knee the car with skid marks and off light comes on but that is the only one.

Are you saying there is a second one you can turn off?

I know I stuffed the last reply.
                          The other orange light is the ASCTC activation light and it the car with the skid marks symbol to the right of the ASCTC OFF light, it only illuminates when the engine is first start for a second or two and only whilst the engine is running and either or both the ASC an/or TC systems are activated automatically.

OJ.

Comment

• Flatbiskit
                            • Jan 2011
                            • ACT

The other orange light is the ASCTC activation light and it the car with the skid marks symbol to the right of the ASCTC OFF light, it only illuminates when the engine is first start for a second or two and only whilst the engine is running and either or both the ASC an/or TC systems are activated automatically.

OJ.
                            OK that is what I thought. Thanks.

Comment

• DID Dash
                              • Aug 2016
                              • Australia

Interesting thread. My 4 year old PB has standard suspension and I really have to do something silly to induce the intervention of the ASC (think lots of throttle, wet road and steering input). I don't ever recall having it go off when it shouldn't. Been thinking about playing with the suspension (rear) to help keep the ride level when towing, so reading this thread with interest. DD.
                              17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• Flatbiskit
                                • Jan 2011
                                • ACT

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
                                Interesting thread. My 4 year old PB has standard suspension and I really have to do something silly to induce the intervention of the ASC (think lots of throttle, wet road and steering input). I don't ever recall having it go off when it shouldn't. Been thinking about playing with the suspension (rear) to help keep the ride level when towing, so reading this thread with interest. DD.
                                It's not the lift that has caused it. It has made it worse, but it has done it since new.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X