• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Cruizin' on 100

Part 1 of an 11 day journey to the Kennedy Ranges and return. Day 1 to 3. Will I break something this time? Will I chalk up 100,000Km's of trips away? Stay tuned to find out.

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • sharkcaver
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Continuing on: we explore part of the West Kennedy's and end up the following day on the East side. Trying to kill myself by taking the wrong route to a cache, I'm still wearing odd shoes. It's hard to let an old sandle go. The dirty fox that stole my other one, must have had the same thoughts.....

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Hatto
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Mandurah WA

Great viewing. Good call with th DNF cache. Sometimes you've just got to make the call and put safety 1st
      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Originally posted by Hatto View Post
        Great viewing. Good call with th DNF cache. Sometimes you've just got to make the call and put safety 1st
        Too right. I've had to bail on a couple now for this reason. A signature in a book sometimes just aint worth it.

For the record, I found later there is an easier way to get to ground zero, but it requires a walk of around 3 hours. Something I didn't have at my disposal the time. So I have left it open to go back again....haha. Sometime when its not +40 degrees.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Part 3 of a dried up old codgers boring adventure:

Continuing on, we leave the Kennedy's for Mt Augustus and Mt Gould with a surprise find in the middle.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Just back tonight from another 5 days out bush

So here is something to fill in your Easter break:

leaving Mt Gould, we travel down to Afghan Rock, Big Bell and marvel at the artwork at Walga Rock

Hope you all have a safe Easter, where ever you may be travelling to.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

leaving Walga Rock, we meet the boys from Austin Downs, laugh at the Dalgaranga meteorite crater, camp at a "secret WA location" and end up at a very nice abandoned homestead.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

All good things must come to an end. Now you know why I'm cruzin' on 100.

Buried in the vid is detail on how to find my prize to celebrate achieving 100,000Km's of logged trips away. Thanks for watching.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

I'm very behind on my blog entries atm, but here is the entry for this trip that I wrote for WA's premier 4W Driving magazine.

Cheers.

19 - 29th March, 2019 The following blog was written for and published in edition #114 of Western 4W Driver magazine: western...

My Journeys

Comment

• Onslow
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2007
                    • Perth, Western Australia

Great write-up Shane. There are some indigenous grinding locations at Afghan Rocks that I'm determined to find on my next visit there! Thanks for posting.
                    NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

Originally posted by Onslow View Post
                      Great write-up Shane. There are some indigenous grinding locations at Afghan Rocks that I'm determined to find on my next visit there! Thanks for posting.
                      hmmmm, interesting. Might have to look for those myself, though without prior intelligence, it may be a needle in a haystack scenario. Thanks for the kudos

FYI, someone complained my articles were bringing the mag down and I should be given the flick. Time will tell how long my tenure there is.
                      Last edited by sharkcaver; 19-04-20, 08:04 PM. Reason: extra detail

My Journeys

Comment

• lostscrew
                        • Jul 2019
                        • Bunbury

Extremely well written article. I was able to escape from being confined in the house for a few minutes.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Originally posted by lostscrew View Post
                          Extremely well written article. I was able to escape from being confined in the house for a few minutes.
                          Cool and thanks. That was my plan for linking it here. We are all going stir crazy about now.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X