• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aldavnic
    • Aug 2007
    • Pakenham

BFG s New Mud Terrain tyre

Has anyone tried out BFGS new mud tyre? My local dealer believes they are possibly good for 80,000kms and perform well on the black top with little noise
    for this type of design. Wondering if anyone has had much experience with them?
    Thanks Dave
    NM V6,Exceed BFG MTs ,Injected Gas, Proficency course,GME TX3100 UHF , 2 inch lift, Pace Maker Headers ,Dobinsons.Navigation Course (still lost) Rola Roof Racks, Proficency Plus course.
  • knakkers
    • Nov 2007
    • Hampton Park

I am curently looking at the same tyre, the new BFG mud, the pattern is very different, especially the centre of the tyre. As i have been told by the tyre dealers, there is not much feedback as yet, they havent been around that long. But they seem to be much quieter on the road then the old pattern (but a mud tyre is not ment to be for the road), but by the looks of them, the tread doesnt seem to be a mud tyre
    NJ LWB GLS with sunroof, 3.0, Dual fuel, custom built alloy bullbar, Hayman Reese tow bar, tinted windows

Comment

• allanmac
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Eastern Suburbs Vic

From the report in 4wd monthly magazine, they seem to be a very good tyre. Must admit, they are the 1st BFG tyre I would consider buying. Tread pattern is not all that disimilar to the MTZ's...
      NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

• icysyrup
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • USA

Are u talking about the KM2's that are designed off their competition Crawler tread pattern? Those have got good reviews from many people up here that run them. I wouldnt hesitate to own a set.
        03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Richo-NT
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Brisbane

a mate of mine just put them on his Patrol, they are very cool, look great, surprisingly quiet (for a mud) and so far in the little offroading he has done in it they work very well
          2009 NT Pajero GLX 3.2 Auto - Sold

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X