• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smallfry
    • Apr 2014
    • Bowen Qld

DO35 Offroad Trailer Hitch

Anybody out there with one of these DO35 hitches on a Gen 4?

I have rented a TVan that has one, even with the spare lift, it appears that to hitch the trailer over the tapered pin is going to require reversing on with the rear door open and possibly on an angle.

Hopefully someone out there can help out.
    2014 Black VRX NW Pajero - ARB Winch Bar, Dual Battery, Hayman Reese H/Duty Tow kit inc Electric Brake module, Engel 40L Fridge, Sunroof, Tint, Boo's Bash Plates, IPF Spotlights, Kings HD Springs & Bilstein shocks 2" Lift, 58L LRA Aux Fuel Tank, AOB Quad Breather kit, Fuel Manager 2u secondary fuel filter, 120amp Anderson outlet, Roo Systems RTT, GME TX3520W 80ch UHF,Stedi Fog/DRL, Redarc Pyro & Battery gauges, Western Filters Catch Can, 150W Solar Blanket, still in progress
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

I hired a Tvan after Xmas that also had a DO35 Hitch. I don't have the spare wheel lift kit but had to change the receiver tongue that came with the trailer to my genuine Mitsubishi Tongue. I just swapped the pin into my tongue and I had no problem opening the rear door fully or connecting the trailer?

It was slightly nose down, but at least I could open the door.
    I'd ask the hire place if they have some different receiver tongues to try or just swap it to the original MM receiver tongue if you have it?
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• GOSSAMER
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • doncaster east vic

I have one, i flip the std Mitsu tongue so it sits higher, i have a spare wheel lift but i also have a bigger tyre and it clears ok. I can open the door until it hits the camper.
      Back from the Dark side
      NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• jimnyjerry
        • Dec 2011
        • BlueMts

I also have one. Just flipped the Hayman Reece tongue so my all terrain Podtrailer sits level. Have no lift kit on the NS and no problems with opening the backdoor. Easy to hitch and unhitch even when out bush.
        2007 NS R shortie, smartbar, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard, Bridgestone AT Duelers

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Comment

• Smallfry
          • Apr 2014
          • Bowen Qld

Thanks for the responses

The hirer was looking for 550mm to the tongue to get a level bed in the van.

I have some levelling ramps, so they maybe useful to take.

stevemc181, How did you find the TVan for fuel consumption, comfort, towing? Anything you would recommend?
          2014 Black VRX NW Pajero - ARB Winch Bar, Dual Battery, Hayman Reese H/Duty Tow kit inc Electric Brake module, Engel 40L Fridge, Sunroof, Tint, Boo's Bash Plates, IPF Spotlights, Kings HD Springs & Bilstein shocks 2" Lift, 58L LRA Aux Fuel Tank, AOB Quad Breather kit, Fuel Manager 2u secondary fuel filter, 120amp Anderson outlet, Roo Systems RTT, GME TX3520W 80ch UHF,Stedi Fog/DRL, Redarc Pyro & Battery gauges, Western Filters Catch Can, 150W Solar Blanket, still in progress

Comment

• stevemc181
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Smallfry View Post
            Thanks for the responses

The hirer was looking for 550mm to the tongue to get a level bed in the van.

I have some levelling ramps, so they maybe useful to take.

stevemc181, How did you find the TVan for fuel consumption, comfort, towing? Anything you would recommend?
            I didn't record fuel use on this trip, but I loved the Tvan. We towed it along some pretty rough and closed in tracks and it performed extremely well. We rarely set up the tent and just threw the fly screen over the backdoor. All of about 2 minutes to set up. I didn't worry too much about a level bed, If we were pointing downhill, we just slept with our heads at the other end

I have a trip report up here about it: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=50117
            2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Maximage
              • Mar 2013
              • Darch, Perth, WA

Another happy DO35 user here, but again, I use the Mitsi tongue.
              SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

• Georgie
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2013
                • Secret Harbour WA

I am happy with my DO 35 mine is attached to my H/Reece hitch for towing the off road van I have no problems opening the back door but I do have the wheel lift kit and its certainly the best hitch I have found for connecting up even on undulating terrain I find it very easy to line up when using my reverse camera
                Cheers
                George
                2015 Sahara
                Black Mica in colour
                BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• Smallfry
                  • Apr 2014
                  • Bowen Qld

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                  I didn't record fuel use on this trip, but I loved the Tvan. We towed it along some pretty rough and closed in tracks and it performed extremely well. We rarely set up the tent and just threw the fly screen over the backdoor. All of about 2 minutes to set up. I didn't worry too much about a level bed, If we were pointing downhill, we just slept with our heads at the other end

I have a trip report up here about it: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=50117
                  Great info, thanks

By the way how do you get the photo's to display large rather than a thumb nail?

Looking forward to my trip to Central Australia at the end of Summer

Comment

• stevemc181
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Smallfry View Post
                    Great info, thanks

By the way how do you get the photo's to display large rather than a thumb nail?

Looking forward to my trip to Central Australia at the end of Summer
                    I upload my pics to photo bucket and then just paste the link here. I've got photobuck set to only copy the image tag so it doesn't link back (This means the picture is not a clickable link) I've also got Photobucket set to display any linked pictures at 1024 x 768.

This tutorial may help if you aren't familiar with image hosting sites.

Comment

• Smallfry
                      • Apr 2014
                      • Bowen Qld

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                      I upload my pics to photo bucket and then just paste the link here. I've got photobuck set to only copy the image tag so it doesn't link back (This means the picture is not a clickable link) I've also got Photobucket set to display any linked pictures at 1024 x 768.

This tutorial may help if you aren't familiar with image hosting sites.
                      http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewto...p?f=23&t=31205
                      Thanks

Comment

• Archie167
                        • Nov 2013
                        • Gisborne

Sorry to bring this older thread back to the top but Id like to confirm the DO35 hitch can be attached and removed with the standard mitsubishi tongue flipped over and without opening the rear door to achieve it.

I have an also off road coupling and a spare wheel kit. My camper trailer sits too low at the front with the tongue in its conventional position so I flipped it. Only problem is I cannot attach it or remove it without opening the rear door. If I'm on uneven ground, I think that may become a problem because the door may not clear the draw bar.

Hoping the DO35 which I saw fitted to a Complete Campsite will alleviate the issue of opening the rear door. I just want to be able to reverse up and attach the trailer (and vice versa) without stuffing around.

Thanks.

Comment

• Archie167
                          • Nov 2013
                          • Gisborne

That was meant to read "alko" offroad coupling. Thanks predictive text!

Comment

• Archie167
                            • Nov 2013
                            • Gisborne

........and a spare wheel "lift" kit. That was all me. Id better proof read next time.

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2008
                              • doncaster east vic

I have a spare lift kit, bigger tyre and yes it clears my do35 hitch with a flipped tongue
                              Back from the Dark side
                              NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X