• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nater
    • Aug 2011
    • Sunshine Coast

Eyre Peninsula

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please recommend a nice spot on the Eyre Peninsula to camp for a couple of nights in late Jan? Either a camp ground or free camp location would be great.

Much appreciated

Craig
    2011 NT RX2, BLack Widow draws & cargo barrier, ARB fridge & slide, HD 2" lift, Bushskinz, Redarc BCDC, dual batteries, solar, Airtec snorkel, GME Tx3540, Smart bar, diff breathers, D697 LT's, Rhino roof basket, Traxrax, Boab 40lt water tank
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

I have heard that both Coffin Bay NP and Lincoln NP are very nice.
    Do a bit of research on these 2 places and hopefully you will find a suitable camp spot.
    I'm looking forward to trying to get over there myself to check it all out in the not too distant future.
    I've been to Lincoln once. It's a beautiful area. Take your fishing rods, King George whiting can be reeled in off the beach over there
    Have fun, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Traveller43
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2011
      • Perth, WA

I just got back from the Eyre Peninsula in late October and also would recommend both the Lincoln and Coffin Bay national parks. Coffin Bay park has a great partly shaded camping area directly opposite a really nice bay. It can probably accommodate about 15 or so campers and caravans and has areas of good shade.

It isn't 4WD to get there but is at the start of the seriously soft 4WD track to the southern most tip of the park. Well worth a drive in itself.

Highly recommended area for camping, swimming and fishing.
      Cheers

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket

Comment

• Nater
        • Aug 2011
        • Sunshine Coast

Thanks very much guys.

Coffin bay was on the list (mainly for the oysters...) but I wasn't aware of Lincoln NP so I will do some research and check it out.

Cheers

Craig
        2011 NT RX2, BLack Widow draws & cargo barrier, ARB fridge & slide, HD 2" lift, Bushskinz, Redarc BCDC, dual batteries, solar, Airtec snorkel, GME Tx3540, Smart bar, diff breathers, D697 LT's, Rhino roof basket, Traxrax, Boab 40lt water tank

Comment

• Traveller43
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2011
          • Perth, WA

Originally posted by Nater View Post
          Thanks very much guys.

Coffin bay was on the list (mainly for the oysters...) but I wasn't aware of Lincoln NP so I will do some research and check it out.

Cheers

Craig
          Spent 4 days in Coffin bay and ate 12 dozen oysters between the wife and me. No comment on how many worked.
          Cheers

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket

Comment

• Nater
            • Aug 2011
            • Sunshine Coast

Holy crap!!! Thats alot of oysters. There must have been some noisy nights and days!

Comment

• pauld
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2010
              • Melbourne

I spent nearly 3 weeks in Coffin Bay before Easter this year, awesome place. We did about a week in the Coffin Bay National Park and then nearly 2 weeks in Coffin Bay Caravan Park - both were good.
              You might struggle to get a spot in either of the NPs in January....
              I didn't come across many bush camps outside the NPs but there are a few showing in Camps 6 - do you have one of those books?
              There was one particular one a I remember as it was a pretty cool spot - maybe 5km north of Port Lincoln there was a short track (50m) that left the highway down to a carpark by the water, there were a few people camping there when we went past a few times.
              If you like fishing and 4wding a few days won't be enough.
              2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• Traveller43
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2011
                • Perth, WA

Holy crap!!! Thats alot of oysters. There must have been some noisy nights and days!
                Are you suggesting my wife and I were windy after so many oysters?
                Cheers

John

Comment

• cooperplace
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2010
                  • adelaide

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please recommend a nice spot on the Eyre Peninsula to camp for a couple of nights in late Jan? Either a camp ground or free camp location would be great.

Much appreciated

Craig

we were just at Pt Lincoln Np and Coffin Bay, both are great. September Beach at Pt Lincoln NP is esp. nice.

Comment

• Nater
                    • Aug 2011
                    • Sunshine Coast

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm really looking forward to checking it out.

Craig

Comment

• floater05
                      • Nov 2010
                      • Port Lincoln

Both Lincoln NP and Coffins NP are great. Both will have plenty of other campers around at this time of the year but you should be able to find a spot somewhere. The best way to pick a spot is to drive through till you find a spot you like. One of my favorites is Spalding cove (4wd reccomended although only lowered falcodores would have issues) in the Lincoln NP normally quiet spot cos most people don't see the turn off. The last time I was there the sign was missing so make sure your checking the map. Maps are available of the parks at the entrance to each park.

Port Lincoln visitor information center can give you more information. Freecall - 1300 788 378
                      Email - [email protected]

As for camping outside of the parks there isn't much around. But if you were really keen for a free spot. Iv camped at the fishery bay carpark plenty of times. There's an area off to the side near the bushes. No one seems to mind people camping there. It's just a fair drive to the NP from there.

Enjoy!
                      2002 NM GLS,
                      ARB Bullbar, GME UHF, Narva 225s, 2" Lift (lovells) HD Front EHD Rear, Snorkel, Waeco CF50, ARB Awning, Rhino Racks, Pajero Club Stickers, Rear Aux Battery (Excide Stowaway ST27DC105), Maxtrax, Homemade roof basket, LED camp lights, Red Arc Low Coolant Alarm, Drop down table, Fishing Rod Holder, Rooftop Water Storage, Tigerz 11 winch, Bushskinz Bashplates, Rear Storage, Dual Tyre Carrier

Comment

• alex76
                        • Jan 2012
                        • adelaide

love Lincoln NP. merory cove also a nice spot to camp also.

just came back from there was there over xmas visiting rellies
                        NL Pajero Escape. LPG, Nudge bar, cooper ATR

mods: sliders , rear storage,

to do : suspension bull bar rear jerry holders

Comment

• Hunty
                          • Jun 2010
                          • Adelaide

Gday there Craig

Howd ya go over in the Eyre Peninsular? Were going over that way the week before the Easter rush begins. Where abouts did you end up staying? Were gona head for Coffin Bay. Its been a while since ive been over that way. Hope all went well

Hunty
                          Adventure b4 Dementure

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X