• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

The End of an Era?

This is taken from another website. Sad indeed, if it is true.

Mitsubishi Pajero Final Edition is limited to 1,000 units (300 units of 3 door and 700 units of five door); will also come with a unique number plaque Mitsubishi is going to discontinue the iconic off-roader Pajero globally. The Pajero was first introduced in 1982 and since then the model was a popular choice for hard core off-road enthusiasts. Even though Pajero can put some new generation SUV to shame in off-roading the competition have moved on and customers demand more from their vehicles. In the last few years, sales of Pajero were going down and finally the Japanese manufacturer has decided to pull the plug. To celebrate the long history of Pajero, Mitsubishi has introduced final edition models in both three door and five door body styles. The final edition is limited to 1000 units only (300 units of 3 door and 700 units of five door) and it will also come with a unique number plaque.

Read more at: gaadiwaadi.com/mitsubishi-pajero-final-edition-revealed-pajero-discontinued/
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Comes with 20'' wheels.

Made for school mum's, shopping centre car parks and Saturday netball.

Oh MM what are you doing?

Comment

• NFT5
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Canberra

They'll be making them in China for years to come. And that means Russia will still get them too.

They had Gen 2 until about 2012, IIRC. Wasn't until the last couple of trips there that I saw any Gen 4s.

So, all good. As long as you don't mind left hand drive, that whole Asian overdone luxury look, two tone paint and a 6G72 engine (admittedly better than anything sold here, but sadly lacking in torque).
      Chris

Comment

• DAVIDHHH
        • Jan 2019
        • Ulladulla

I think that's just referring to the Japanese domestic market and not global production/sales?
        2016 NX GLX5, Tough Dog 40mm lift, Snorkel, ARB Bar, oricom UHF, Cargo Barrier, OCAM Flat Rack, Boo's plates, Dual Battery in rear well etc

Previous: 2002 PA Challenger

Comment

• sharkcaver
          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Originally posted by DAVIDHHH View Post
          I think that's just referring to the Japanese domestic market and not global production/sales?
          I think you are right. We wont be seeing another shorty on these shores me thinks.
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Drewan
            • Apr 2017
            • Adelaide

Wonder if Shortys will be the new HQ holden in 10 years time
            Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2000
              • Tasmania

Originally posted by Drewan View Post
              Wonder if Shortys will be the new HQ holden in 10 years time
              Loved my HQ , 202 big block with legendary trimatic 3 speed tranny. Did the quarter mile in 2 hours & took 3 days to stop from 100😂
              NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
              NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• Ian H
                Valued Member
                • May 2015
                • Melbourne

Talking to a guy at the local Mitsi dealership today and he said MM have done a U-turn and the Paj was most likely being resurrected with a new model late this year. Just talks but he sounded pretty certain.

Fix the problem with tow ball weights, put in some new styling, move the spare wheel so that you can carry a rubbish bag, raise the spare wheel so it clears the trailer better, keep the awesome donk and the Super select 4WD system and coupled with all Toyota's DPF problems they'd be on a big winner.
                2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• craka
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                  Talking to a guy at the local Mitsi dealership today and he said MM have done a U-turn and the Paj was most likely being resurrected with a new model late this year. Just talks but he sounded pretty certain.

Fix the problem with tow ball weights, put in some new styling, move the spare wheel so that you can carry a rubbish bag, raise the spare wheel so it clears the trailer better, keep the awesome donk and the Super select 4WD system and coupled with all Toyota's DPF problems they'd be on a big winner.
                  Yeah I hope so., I don't think it will be a straight diesel though, I reckon it will probably be PHEV.
                  NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Victoria

Originally posted by Ian H View Post

More likely to be a rebadged Nissan Patrol If the "Alliance" have their way. The new mitsubishi L300 coming out this year is a Renault Trafic.
                    2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X