• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alias1
    • Dec 2012
    • Perth

NW Oil Catch Can

I was going to fit an oil catch can to my 2012 pajero until I took it into John Hughes for its 7500 KM service.
    I was told that the problem with the exhaust manifold getting gummed up was fixed from 2011 onwards is this true or not.
    Anyhow $400 dollars for basically an oil change not happy
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Alias1 View Post
    I was going to fit an oil catch can to my 2012 pajero until I took it into John Hughes for its 7500 KM service.
    The is no 7500km service for the 2012 Pajero, standard servicing is at 15000km intervals? Are you doing additional servicing, or did you leave a Zero off and it should be 75000km?

Not sure on the oil catch can requirement, but plenty on here have them.
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Alias1
      • Dec 2012
      • Perth

Was 7500 km service as they had marked it a being needed at the 1500 km service was not happy as I was told fixed price serviceing did not come into effect until the 15000 km service.
      Yes and I did notice that the book said no need to service until 15000 km

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

Was 7500 km service as they had marked it a being needed at the 1500 km service was not happy as I was told fixed price serviceing did not come into effect until the 15000 km service.
        Did they give you a reason why it was required? First I have heard of them requiring an additional service. You can have a look at the capped price service schedule here. Just need to look at Pre or Post October 1st 2012, slightly dearer if purchased after 01/10/2012. Not that this will help you in this case, but you will know for future servicing.
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Craig52
          • Dec 2013
          • Geelong

There is no 7500 km service,i was told to bring mine in for a 7500 check which i did and is free.
          All they do is check for leaks and other general things,a full service was done at 15,000 and is charged at the capped price.

Craig
          2012 NW Platinum silver,MM Bullbar,HID LightForce spotties,GME TX3500 CB, Bridgestone D697 LT A/T, 2"yes 50mm OME lift,no rear diff lock,damd but might get AL or Electric, DP chip,SPV mod,2.5mtr Oztrail awning,bushskinz bash plates,redarc brake controller,Anderson plug, Diff and transfer case breathers, Safari Snorkel

Comment

• Morville
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2008
            • Buxton Vic

Services are 15000km or 12 months, which ever comes first. If it is a 2012 model it would be over a year old and due for a service even if it has done less than 15000km. Not sure how this works with capped price servicing.
            Peter

Comment

• Dion
              Valued Member
              • May 2010
              • Brisbane

Fixed price comes into effect at 12mth OR 15k, whichever is sooner.

Something sounds fishy. If yours is a late 2012 then I guess you've taken it in a little late for a 12mth service with only 7500 on the odo.

Fixed price doesn't apply for interval servicing, but it does apply for 15k/12 and multiples of those. I think our model only had about 8000kms on the odo when it went for its 12mth service, and that was fixed price.
              2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• PradoEater
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2012
                • Oatley

I was told that the problem with the exhaust manifold getting gummed up was fixed from 2011 onwards is this true or not.
                catch can certainly helps a lot with oil going in the manifold mine is clean as new having said this only after I installed actual PROVENT not ''provent style'' they are crap quality, in my experience after 2k oil was coming out from the top of the can. Actual provent has now more than 10k and no signs of leaking with same drain hose connected.
                NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
                Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• mojo007
                  • Jun 2012
                  • western australia

Originally Posted by Alias1 View Post

I also have the 2012 pajero and I was told by the Geraldton wa Mitsi dealer that there was a modified done to the location of the sensors in the inlet manifold so it doesn't get gummed up as quickly as the older models but they still have the oil vapor that comes from the rocker cover and directed back into the air intake back into the inlet manifold where the oil vapor will cook onto the walls of the manifold so you need to look at putting an oil catch can between rocker cover and air intake.
                  NW Platinum 2012. Narva Ultima 225 spotlights with 55w HID globes. ECB Bullbar. Dual battery Red Ark Isolator.

Comment

• Alias1
                    • Dec 2012
                    • Perth

Originally posted by mojo007 View Post
                    Originally Posted by Alias1 View Post

I also have the 2012 pajero and I was told by the Geraldton wa Mitsi dealer that there was a modified done to the location of the sensors in the inlet manifold so it doesn't get gummed up as quickly as the older models but they still have the oil vapor that comes from the rocker cover and directed back into the air intake back into the inlet manifold where the oil vapor will cook onto the walls of the manifold so you need to look at putting an oil catch can between rocker cover and air intake.
                    Do you have one on yours if so what brand mate??

Comment

• mojo007
                      • Jun 2012
                      • western australia

I purchased a Provent oil catch can from Chip Tuning for $148 plus freight, you need to purchase the hoses separately from some other outlet . This would be the best catch can because it has a large inlet and outlet so no back pressure and I had to purchase a elbow oil resistant hose to go from catch can to air inlet pipe and a straight oil resistant hose to go from rocker cover to oil catch can.Go to this link and you will see how to do the job.http://www.chiptuning.com.au/provent...il-separators/ I also purchased a blanking plate with a small hole drilled in the middle to blank of the small offshoot exhaust pipe that pipes 400 degrees heat into inlet manifold, I did not want that heat going into the motor because you obtain better amount of air into motor if its cold compared to hot air and better milage.
                      NW Platinum 2012. Narva Ultima 225 spotlights with 55w HID globes. ECB Bullbar. Dual battery Red Ark Isolator.

Comment

• TheTaipan
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009
                        • sydney

Originally posted by mojo007 View Post
                        I purchased a Provent oil catch can from Chip Tuning for $148 plus freight, you need to purchase the hoses separately from some other outlet . This would be the best catch can because it has a large inlet and outlet so no back pressure and I had to purchase a elbow oil resistant hose to go from catch can to air inlet pipe and a straight oil resistant hose to go from rocker cover to oil catch can.Go to this link and you will see how to do the job.http://www.chiptuning.com.au/provent...il-separators/ I also purchased a blanking plate with a small hole drilled in the middle to blank of the small offshoot exhaust pipe that pipes 400 degrees heat into inlet manifold, I did not want that heat going into the motor because you obtain better amount of air into motor if its cold compared to hot air and better milage.

Think you may have purchased a Provent Style catch can.

CHINA COPIES NOW PREVALENT. These are being pushed by a few dodgey online shops and diesel "chip" tuners, and customers are being mislead. It is so serious here is a full page on the fakes here, after my meeting with Mann and Hummell Australia. Only authorized dealers can get the real item, there is NO OTHER way they are released from Mann and Hummel. There is no "contact" at the Mann factory, Mann and Hummell have investigated this very thoroughly, and have found the place in China producing fake 100 and 200's, an electronics company with ZERO filter experience. Be warned, the fakes simply don't work as well, and both pressure valves don't work or fail within a few engine heat cycles, and worst of all let air into the system causing lots of idle etc problems. I get lots of calls about this and have to tell people the bad news - " Sorry you have been ripped off". Don't be fooled.

Comment

• PradoEater
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • Oatley

Provent style vs actual provent huge deference in performance search the forum I've posted pics comparing both spend the extra 30 bucks and get the one that works better

I still have provent style if u want it u can have it for a 24 pack u will need new filter thou
                          NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
                          Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• Alias1
                            • Dec 2012
                            • Perth

Hmmm where to fit it

Comment

• mojo007
                              • Jun 2012
                              • western australia

I am very happy with the catch can I purchased from Chip Tuners and I believe he has had them made especially for him but by all means do your home work but at the end of the day you really need a catch can of some description. I also said I installed a blanking plate with a very small hole to stop 90% of the 400 degree heat being recycled to the inlet manifold but what I have just been told is that the recycled hot exhaust is oxygen depleted so thats another reason why I don't want that hot recycled gas going back into the motor. My mileage has improved but the motor takes a little longer to reach normal operating temperature but I can live with that.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X