• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sumnut
    • May 2013
    • Tawonga

Bullbar TJM vs Opposite lock vs ARB

Hey all,

My new rig is getting delivered but the dealer has just realised today that they forgot to order my opposite lock steel winch bar and there is a 2 week lead time on them.
    They have told me I can have an ARB or TJM bar instead for the same price.
    Any negatives with these 2?
    I particularly liked that the opposite lock had a cut out so you could reach down to the clutch on the winch. Does anyone know if TJM have the same set up?
    Does anyone know what size lights will fit the TJM bar? I was hoping to fit IPF 900XS's.
    Thanks in advance guys
    Sumnut
    2013 NW MY14 GLXR, 2" Lift with Bilsteins/Lovells HD Combo, TJM Steel Winch Bar, TJM/Airtec Snorkel, Mitsubishi Tow Pack, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Uniden 7760NB, TJM dual battery tray (Redarc 1225LV yet to be installed) TJM Britax Xray Vision 220's.
  • xpression
    • Mar 2012
    • Perth

Do you need the bar fitted straight away?
    If not, my advice is wait the 2 weeks and get what you really want on the car..
    2 weeks is an incomparible time to that you will spend looking at the bar through the life of the car.

That said, i have an ARB deluxe bar on my challenger with the IPF900XS lights and love it to bits.

Comment

• sumnut
      • May 2013
      • Tawonga

I need the car straight away because I sold both my other cars 2 weeks ago.
      The bar was built into my price and the dealer is about 6 hours away, so dont really wanna take it back.
      Does you ARB bar fit up nicely? I would have liked to have an ARB bar but have seen 2 now up this way that have been cut miles higher than they needed to be, one even had tek screws holding the front guards in place.
      2013 NW MY14 GLXR, 2" Lift with Bilsteins/Lovells HD Combo, TJM Steel Winch Bar, TJM/Airtec Snorkel, Mitsubishi Tow Pack, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Uniden 7760NB, TJM dual battery tray (Redarc 1225LV yet to be installed) TJM Britax Xray Vision 220's.

Comment

• xpression
        • Mar 2012
        • Perth

im very happy with my ARB bar with only two exceptions.
        1. The inner guards tore out (known problem which has a fix, i modified mine with flexible rubber and it hasnt happened again.
        2. I colour coded mine (silver) and the high beam from the car can be bright off the back of the bar. Wouldnt stop my colour coding it again though as it looks way better on the silver bar.

The reason for the large gap between the body and the bar is to allow the body to flex without contacting the bar. This is probably more of an issue on the challenger with its seperate chassis comparted to a Paj but its amazing how much my bar moves comparted to the bonnet.

Attached is a pic of mine.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Yclept
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Sydney

Here's how my ARB Deluxe Bar looks. It was fitted last week.
          Attached Files

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• xpression
            • Mar 2012
            • Perth

Bear in mind too if its the dealers mix up its their responsibility to help fix it. Is there an opposite lock outlet close to your home the dealer could pay to fit the bar? most dealers dont fit the aftermarket bars anyway.

Comment

• Wanderer
              • Feb 2013
              • Warnbro W.A

Had my ARB bar installed a few days ago, I'm very happy with it, the bumper cut was done really really well.
              I have the cutout for the winch clutch lever.
              2012 NW GLS
              OME lift, ARB Deluxe Bar, Bushskinz, ARB Awning, ARB Roofrack, Hercules Winch, Lightforce Gensis HID lights, Dual Batteries, Cargo Barrier, 32" Summit Mudhogs.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Peakhurst, Sydney

On the the older TJM winch-bars they've always included cut-outs for the clutch, so don't see why they'd stop including them.
                Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• executive
                  • May 2011
                  • Melbourne - Doncaster

I got my ARB "Delux combination bar" fitted to my Pajero NT three weeks ago and I was very concerned about the the way the plastic bumper bar was going to be cut and did highlight this to the ARB rep before the installation.

I also had a snorkel fitted to the car at the same time as well.

After picking up the car up , I was amazed how well they did the job , couldn't be happier .

The only regret that I have is that I did not get a winch installed and now that I have some cash , I will have to pay a little more to get the bar removed and winch installed inside it as it can not be installed from under the bar.

for the record , there are 3 winch cut outs on top but covered by one full plate .

Comment

• markpeh
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Lake Clarendon QLD

Cannot fault my arb install.
                    NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

• Lando
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2013
                      • Lake Maquarie NSW

Love my arb bar!!.. black on champagne..same as wanderer...awesome bar and perfect fitment...need more spotties and winch now asap
                      MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• executive
                        • May 2011
                        • Melbourne - Doncaster

Originally posted by markpeh View Post
                        Cannot fault my arb install.
                        Yes , I like my ARB bar and snorkel as well . I installed them three weeks ago and then followed up with a set of spotties.

I also installed a Dual battery system and a set of bash plates . I think putting a winch in will be it for a while .

Comment

• wongapaj
                          • Oct 2011
                          • Wonga Park

I reckon the ARB bar is that little bit bigger and better looking
                          NT 30th Anniversary, 3.2 Diesel, Manual, Black, Tinted Windows, HID Lo & Hi, MM Towbar, Prodigy P3, Stebel Horn, MMCS Override, Scangauge II, Dual Battery, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ORU12 Winch, IPF HID Driving lights, UHF, Diff Breathers, D697s, Airtec Snorkel. HD Suspension, Bushskinz

Comment

• Letme
                            • May 2012
                            • Brisbane

Originally posted by wongapaj View Post
                            I reckon the ARB bar is that little bit bigger and better looking
                            haha I think my TJM bar looks better then ARB.

So I would say go the TJM.....

Comment

• markpeh
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • Lake Clarendon QLD

Originally posted by Letme View Post
                              haha I think my TJM bar looks better then ARB.

So I would say go the TJM.....
                              The tjm looks better now than it used to. When I bought mine the arb won hands down, now tjm would certainly get a look in.
                              NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X