• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • likatiger
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • WAMBERAL NSW

Very well put Bitsamissin.

I considered a Prado before I bought my NW (3rd Pajero) and could not justify the price for a lesser vehicle, just MHO.
    NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• Dude
      • Sep 2011
      • Victoria Point

We got the differnece between the NW Platinum and the GXL Prado to $9k.

The price, and the camry style interior, and as others have said the warranty were what got us into another Pajero.

I'm sick of working on cars, and now I've got 10 years to avoid it.

Enjoy a proven performer with a strong warranty that is backed by evidence attained from a model that has been essentially around for 12 years.

dude.

Comment

• gillani
        • Sep 2008
        • PAKISTAN

but the thing is if unladen the prado has a much smoother road manners and the fit AND finish of the dash and creature comfort levels are far more superior than pajero ,no doubt in all other aspects the pajero is far more better
        DR.GILLANI

Comment

• pabz
          • May 2009
          • Success Perth WA

Im not sure what your looking at gillani, but the dash of the kakadu prado looks like a flat blocked EH holden dash to compared to the more modern, car feel, flash dash of the nt/nw pajero..
          To be honest I loved the look of the prado on the outside, very mean and proud looking but the interior which i have to look at while driving it was the bigest disapointment ever..
          I probably could have even overlooked the less power, lower tow weight, less features and haha who im i kidding..

Comment

• gillani
            • Sep 2008
            • PAKISTAN

i wanna comment on the ride quality and what i meant to say of the dash is that it doesnt vibrate too much thats most probably because of the softer suspension setup,u cant feel anything passing under your boots and thats what i call better fit and finish
            DR.GILLANI

Comment

• NT GLS
              • Oct 2009
              • Perth

I don't think there's justification to purchase a 150 Prado over the NW Pajero. Both are similar in features. The Pajero has more power and torque, longer warranty, nicer drive around town. The Prado has a larger fuel tank, drives better off road, suffers from an underpowered engine.

I've seen a few LC200 GXL diesel driveaway for $82k. Brand new, MY12 models. For me, the LC200 is worth the stretch over both the Prado and Pajero.
              09/09 NT GLS DiD Automatic in Ironbark - Sold
              2015 Ford Territory Titanium diesel RWD
              2012 Ford Ranger PX XL 3.2 Auto

Comment

• JoshF
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2008
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by NT GLS View Post
                I've seen a few LC200 GXL diesel driveaway for $82k. Brand new, MY12 models. For me, the LC200 is worth the stretch over both the Prado and Pajero.
                If you are going down the 200 series road I would suggest the Lovells suspension upgrade prior to registration, that way your GVM goes up from what a Prado has to what a 100 series was rated at (you add 300kg to your rating). This is a little model dependant in the 150 and 200 series space but I think they are all less (GVM wise) then the Pajero in standard form
                NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• pabz
                  • May 2009
                  • Success Perth WA

My best mate has the 200 saraha landcruiser and has had it for about 9 months, he has been gloating about it since 4 weeks before he got it.. We both actually went to buy pajeros and he ended up renegging due to wanting the big V8 twin turbo everyone had been raving about... cant see the value for money( can get 2 pajero platinum's for the price of the sahara..one for me and the missus at that price) anywayz long story short, his other mate bought one 2 then i got mine..
                  It was on the old "what you got? you only got a 4 banger..v8 would leave you for dead, there heaps more powerful..) he said go for a drive see what ya rekon
                  First opinion"
                  The car felt smooth, but very swayie due to too softer suspension and pretty average around the corners(abit like mine when I put the new arb bar on before changing the suspension, heaps of oversteer and dive into the corners) anywayz put my boot into it and the roar sounded awesome and being a big car felt like it had some go but I had a ve Clubsport before the paj so I wasnt really overwelmed like some guys are probably going from the old 4.2 litre diesel landcruiser(unturbo'd model) to the new V8..
                  All it all its a nice car and heaps of room, feels like a tank to drive,very big but...............heres where my 2 mates had to suck it in and stopped paying out on me....
                  The landcruiser drinks oil, up to 1-2 litres from service to service and the car sales men told them both to keep an Eye on it cause thats what you get(fancy that) second thing
                  I said lets line the up fella's I dont think its that powerful..
                  Side by side the v8 takes off quicker than the paj from 0-40km but then they have a problem, the paj overtook the landrcruiser and sat in front of it by about half a car length all the way to 140 where I backed off and we called it a day..
                  The boys were supprised and then started the old " its not worn in yet they detune them for the first so many k's and blah blah" haha I said one thing..You have nearly 3x 44 gallon drums full of fuel/water of extra weight in that car you need the v8 to move its fat A$$
                  Done and dusted and I dont hear my mates picking on my paj any more lolz oh and I got a chip now too and I like sitting up the bums when towing the van and pretending to over take them and there 2-way coments are now"ok show off!!" bwahahaha boys will be boys
                  Last edited by pabz; 14-09-12, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• pabz
                    • May 2009
                    • Success Perth WA

One thing my mates have done now is change to the tough dog adjustables in the saraha's, if you are gonna get the lancruiser go that way for sure, man was I impressed with those beauties even when they put HD's tough dog springs on them..
                    Heaps better, so nice infact I got them on the paj now and love em...

Comment

• placido
                      • Dec 2009
                      • NSW South Coast

Pajero V Prado

Came across this interesting info when searching reviews.

:Our new 2012 Prado Altitude Diesel has disappointed us immensely, as with the dealership and Technician from Melb. The car has a very prominent air vibration within the cabin which pounds in your head and ears, fluctuating and reacting to the road surface. On a couple of occasions we had to stop the car, as my wife felt she was going to be sick, this has happened to other people as well. On the other hand the mechanics at the dealership say they can`t hear anything, so they can`t fix it. The Technician from Melb. says he can hear it, and it`s the air box sucking so hard that it`s vibrating the wheel guard, and quote `Toyota in Japan are working on it, but it`s within the tolerances that they allow` unquote. Our Prado is supposed to be not as bad as some others. Well Toyota we will think twice before we look at any Toyota vehicle again. Be responsible, we expected an A1 product for the price. We had to bite the bullet, the sound was so disturbing especially on long trips,we traded in our Prado for a new Pajero which we are extremely happy with. If it`s recognised as a fault and they don`t know how to fix or resolve the problem Toyota don`t deserve our business.

John Glass of Bairnsdale. Victoria. Posted on 03 October 2012 10:16pm"

Cheers
                      2012 NW EXCEED - 3.2 DiD, LRA 58L Tank, Redarc DC-DC, ECB Alloy Bar DP CHIP, Safe-T-Tyre sensors

Comment

• likatiger
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • WAMBERAL NSW

Yes, very interesting !!
                        NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • Cairns

We took a good look at a 150 series Prado at the recent Adelaide 4x4 show.
                          What a heap of crap, If I was given one I would sell it straight away, buy a Paj and pocket the change.
                          After only a couple of minutes worth of looking, I noticed a couple of design flaws that would be deal breakers for me. Completely unacceptable.
                          The first is the rear cargo area / 3rd row seats. You would need to be 7 foot tall to be able to lift anything heavy up there. And the 3rd row seats are not removable like they were in the 120 series and all Pajero's.
                          Secondly, the floor pan in the front passengers side has a huge lump in it. So bad that your left and right foot sit on different levels on the floor. WTF? That can't be comfortable....
                          The current Pajero chassis may have been around for nearly 13 years now but in my eyes it is still a clear winner. I'll say it again, you would have to have rocks in your head to fork out the extra cash for a 150 series over a current Paj.
                          The 120 series Prado is a good thing (although still commands too much money on the 2nd hand market), a good performer with the D4D motor, standard 180l fuel capacity on most models, smooth and quiet on the inside, it just lacks features (like traction control / stability control etc etc) compared to the Paj.
                          The 150 series is a dog and its got me beat why they sell so well. It must be that people are blind and don't bother to even look at anything that doesn't have a Toyota badge.
                          Oh well, their loss
                          Dan.
                          2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• EXTNIX
                            • Oct 2011
                            • Epping, Melbounre

When we were buying our Pajero (not new) we had a look at heaps of Prado's , but simply can not justify $40,000 price tag for 7 years old Grande's.

Looked at first 07 NS VRX Pajero, Drove it, loved it and bought it, for almost $11,000k cheaper
                            Current Ride: Black 07 VR-X, V6 - 3.8L,

Mods:
                            a) EXTNIX - 7" Touch Screen DVD / GPS / Bluetooth / iPhone Unit with color HD Reverse Cam.
                            b) EXTNIX - Headrest HD DVD players with Touch Screen.
                            c) EXTNIX - HD 1080p Dash Cam with GPS Tracking

Commercial Website: www.extnix.com.au

Comment

• achjimmy
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2009
                              • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
                              We took a good look at a 150 series Prado at the recent Adelaide 4x4 show.
                              What a heap of crap, If I was given one I would sell it straight away, buy a Paj and pocket the change.
                              After only a couple of minutes worth of looking, I noticed a couple of design flaws that would be deal breakers for me. Completely unacceptable.
                              The first is the rear cargo area / 3rd row seats. You would need to be 7 foot tall to be able to lift anything heavy up there. And the 3rd row seats are not removable like they were in the 120 series and all Pajero's.
                              Secondly, the floor pan in the front passengers side has a huge lump in it. So bad that your left and right foot sit on different levels on the floor. WTF? That can't be comfortable....
                              The current Pajero chassis may have been around for nearly 13 years now but in my eyes it is still a clear winner. I'll say it again, you would have to have rocks in your head to fork out the extra cash for a 150 series over a current Paj.
                              The 120 series Prado is a good thing (although still commands too much money on the 2nd hand market), a good performer with the D4D motor, standard 180l fuel capacity on most models, smooth and quiet on the inside, it just lacks features (like traction control / stability control etc etc) compared to the Paj.
                              The 150 series is a dog and its got me beat why they sell so well. It must be that people are blind and don't bother to even look at anything that doesn't have a Toyota badge.
                              Oh well, their loss
                              Dan.
                              The third row seats do come out, just not quickley like Paj or 120. I've driven a 150 a fair bit, good car and I could see where people would be attracted, especially now Toyota seem to be more competitive with them. You have try both and come to your own conclusion, I am with above the GXL 200 is starting I look better value.
                              Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
                              MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
                              99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X