Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

5th Place in Overlander 4wd of the Year - Bias?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoff&vi
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by carl l View Post
    Again, to make clear I concede the NVH point. I was getting my wires somewhat crossed with that acronym and on-road dynamics.
    No probs

cheers
    Geoff
    GONE - 2010 VRX DiD Silver
    NOW - 2012 Prado Kakadu V6 Auto. Opposite Lock bar, Runva winch, Front locker, Bilstein shocks & 2" Dobbo Coils, Lightforce 240's, Scangauge, Dual Yellowtop batteries with Traxide controller, GME 3440 UHF, Featherlite Awning

Comment

• geoff&vi
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2009
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
      The NW really isn't a bad car but just an upgraded NT. Admittedly I was a tad dissapointed when I found out the specs before I ventured out to the Overlander gig. I was hoping for a few technical upgrades, more so the MMCS (digital radio etc). Certainly is a quieter vehicle than the NT but still drives the same.
      I feel the Prado certainly would have done better if we had the deisel version as asked. The Prado is just that bit more refined than the Paj, and you can certainly feel the difference off road.
      The Landcruiser 200 is a fantastic all round vehicle. It just does everything with ease and doesn't feel like your driving a near 3 ton vehicle. As for dollar value it killed it for me as top pick.
      The Disco 4 was my top knotch drive, it was better value for money than the cruiser and nearly as refined.
      So no the Paj was not my top pick as a judge. I voted with my head and not my heart. There was so much technology on those vehicles by rights none of them belonged there except the 110 Defender. Still a simple vehicle to drive and operate but damned if I could drive (ergonomics) that thing more than a few hours at a time.
      Dave
      I agree Dave,

The Pajero is a fantastic vehicle, that has a lot going for it and its exceptional value. Like you however, i was dissapointed that the NW was short on apgrades and the D4 is just that many more steps up the ladder and its quite comparable in value, (I can get the 2.7 for $68k with the rear e-diff, HID lights, rear ac and a few more extras), which makes it a competitor for the VRX Paj.

I just wish Mitsu would upgrade a little, 6spd auto, V6 TD and maybe decent Airbag suspension.

my 2c worth
      cheers
      Geoff
      GONE - 2010 VRX DiD Silver
      NOW - 2012 Prado Kakadu V6 Auto. Opposite Lock bar, Runva winch, Front locker, Bilstein shocks & 2" Dobbo Coils, Lightforce 240's, Scangauge, Dual Yellowtop batteries with Traxide controller, GME 3440 UHF, Featherlite Awning

Comment

• activnt
        • May 2010

frankly I couldn't be happier with my NT, and when buying it compared it to a lot of other vehicles. Like many I had my head set on buying the Prado, and got a good fleet discount. I still bought the NT though and would do so again in a heart beat.

I find it amazing the level of complaint people make about the Pajero's NVH. True, the 150 Prado was somewhat quieter but I still certainly heard the diesel.

But you can keep all your NVH. Although it is noisier, the engine and transmission in the NT kick the Prado's @ss. The Toyota felt like a gutless wonder under load with an outdated engine and a gearbox that overheats at the sniff of a bit of offroad work.

To the comment that Pajero hasn't been updated then think again. Mitsubishi put its money into the engine, transmission and turbo. Toyota gave the Prado a new (far uglier) face and interior and kept the old engine and chassis. Personally I can't stand the looks of the Prado outside (that big gormless grin) or the inside (very high stacked central aircon vents).

The similarly specced Prado was still $8k more also. For that money I could spend $800 getting the NT decked out head to toe in Dynamat that would make it much quieter than the Prado and still have $7k left over to buy tyres, lift, barwork, draws, winch etc etc making it a far more capable 4WD to boot.

I stopped buying 4WD Action many months ago. Got sick of seeing the same old GQ/GU/80/100 series narrow mindedness, and being told time and time again a Pajero isn't a 'real' 4WD with biased comparisons. Very, very disappointing to hear OL has been bought by publishers of 4WD Action. Another subscription in the bin.

And BTW my NT had a few squeaks in the plastic too. A $15 can of CRC Dry Glide teflon spray got rid of them all.
        2010 Gold ACTiV NT: twin lockers, lift, lights, winch & other stuff

Comment

• dappers666
          • Sep 2012
          • WA

I bought a new GL Pajero 2 weeks ago after weeks of reading, visiting dealers etc and concluded that the best trade value for my wifes XR6 along with the deal on the Pajero was outstanding. It hasnt got all the goodies but has the rear diff lock came tinted,Towbar and with mats and the paint work treated. Now Toyota could not get near the deal on same spec Prado and I drove them all Nissan Toyota Mazda Ford Holden. This is the first Pajero I have owned so no bias. The warranty was also a big plus 10 years on the drive line.

For me enough said

Comment

• BROOMZPAJ
            • Mar 2010
            • Geelong

Just in time for 10 year powertrain warranty

Originally posted by dappers666 View Post
            The warranty was also a big plus 10 years on the drive line.
            Hey dappers.

Lucky you got your purchase in pre 1st October as Mits has withdrawn the 10 year powertrain component of the diamond advantage warranty effective from that date.

I got a sale through on a new NW on 29 September ... just before the cut-off. Anyone buying from 1 October will "just" get the 3/5 year base warranty, which is still pretty good compared to other warranties out there.

Enjoy your new ride.

Broomy
            2012 MY12 NW Exceed 3.2 DiD
            Cool Silver - Nudge Bar - Bonnet Protector - Cargo Liner - Sports Roof Rack Cross Bars - UltraGauge - Bushskinz IC & Sump guards - T'EYES CC3 head unit with integrated front & rear cameras - Trap Mats - EGR control - Travall Pet Barrier - Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus - 2" lift via Bilstein shocks/struts & King springs.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X