• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
    The 'cable tie mod' is explained in the original link I provided. (I take it you didn't read the link?)

Page 9 even had photos and an explanation diagram.
    I've done the Cable tie mod and also added 2 x 5mm SS brackets to the centre of the dash as also explained in the linked thread, no dash movement now It also pays to tighten every screw/nut and bolt you can find when the dash is apart. I have a niggly rattle that I will need to investigate further but suspect its a screw in the instrument cluster that I haven't tightened up.

Picture of the brackets below: I had a mate fab these up in 5mm Stainless.

2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• NFT5
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Canberra

Not much, really, except for

• The way the interior plastics mark if you so much as breathe on them
      • The colour of the upholstery, which looks dirty, even after it's been vacuumed
      • The horrible noise that the rear door makes when you shut it.

Haven't really found a solution to any of these, yet although I'd like to put sheepskin seat covers on the seats, can't afford the second mortgage I'd need to get them.
      Chris

Comment

• BROOMZPAJ
        • Mar 2010
        • Geelong

Problem:

Keys have to be in ignition and turned to accessories/on for power windows to operate.

Fix:

Four words ...

Goodsy's-power-window-mod (Gen 4 version that is).

Just done it after much procrastination and love it.

Still have full auto up/down capabilities, just now don't have to have the ignition/accessories on.

Thanks to Goodsy for putting it out there as a Gen 3 DIY back in 2011 and Dazz (mavtd) for Gen 4 fuse box photo last year.
        2012 MY12 NW Exceed 3.2 DiD
        Cool Silver - Nudge Bar - Bonnet Protector - Cargo Liner - Sports Roof Rack Cross Bars - UltraGauge - Bushskinz IC & Sump guards - T'EYES CC3 head unit with integrated front & rear cameras - Trap Mats - EGR control - Travall Pet Barrier - Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus - 2" lift via Bilstein shocks/struts & King springs.

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

As it's not model specific I've moved to here..

After years of belting the rear bumper off road I replaced with a custom Rear Bar.

Hated the stock Bash plates replaced with Bushskinz the factory intercooler guard is practically useless off road.

Took 1 look at the air intake & ordered a Snorkel at purchase.

Stock Sound system was pretty average so that had to go!

Otherwise all good..

Gus.
          VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
          NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

When I first saw this thread I had a think and decided there weren’t too many things that I disliked about my NP Exceed – I’ve had it from new – and I’m very appreciative, ha ha - particularly when thinking back on some of my earlier cars.

After reading some of the replies, there are a couple of things that are probably annoying ...

1. Yes, as Sally said the rear door not opening wide when the trailer is hooked up – that is a pain.

2. And I think it was Gus who said the plastic bash plates – they were a joke – really Mitsubishi !!

3. The way the intercooler for the 4M41 motor hangs down like dogs testicles at the front – I’ve holed one and it cost over $1,000 to get a new one fitted. I just wish the mod for the one above the motor had been available when it happened – I would have gone that way.

4. My only other gripe is the stupid and annoying fault that raises its ugly head from time to time when the orange diff light starts flashing. Mitsubishi should have made this system more bullet-proof.

I don’t worry too much about rattles and squeaks – most cars develop them at some time and I’m probably going a bit deaf anyway.

Overall, I love this Pajero. It is by far the best vehicle I’ve ever had and I’d be very hesitant about trading it in for a new one – even if I did have the $70K or whatever it costs.

Cheers

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• tomwithannl
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2010
              • Maria Coast Tasmania.

Sounds like most of these Gen 3 + 4 problems could be overcome by UPgrading to an NL.

Tom
              1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
              1953 Morris Minor ute
              1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
              2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

• GHendo
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Northern NSW

Originally posted by tomwithannl View Post
                Sounds like most of these Gen 3 + 4 problems could be overcome by UPgrading to an NL.

Tom
                Ha ha ... I had a petrol manual the same as yours and the only reason I traded it in was because it kept me poor taking it to the servo all the time - talk about a guts !!

Otherwise, it was a fantastic vehicle.

Cheers

Geoff
                03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2000
                  • Tasmania

Originally posted by tomwithannl View Post

Tom
                  Absolutely!
                  NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
                  NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• peter54smith
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Barry Vale of Glamorgan Wales UK (gs io81ij)

Problem fix

My tachometer was going intermit on my 1996 2.8 shorty, after i had attempted all the on line fixes, none worked i priced up a new tacho from mitsubishi uk and nearly died of fright. So i took the bloody tacho out hit it with a hammer and installed a digital voltmeter in its space saved a bundle of cash as a tachometer is of no real use on an automatic vehicle.
                    The problem is not the problem its your attitude to the problem that's the problem.

Comment

• Dicko1
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by peter54smith View Post
                      My tachometer was going intermit on my 1996 2.8 shorty, after i had attempted all the on line fixes, none worked i priced up a new tacho from mitsubishi uk and nearly died of fright. So i took the bloody tacho out hit it with a hammer and installed a digital voltmeter in its space saved a bundle of cash as a tachometer is of no real use on an automatic vehicle.

Like your style...
                      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• marco888
                        • Jun 2016
                        • nsw

Originally posted by Troy711 View Post
                        +1 for rear door squeak. Fixed it like this:

will absolutely definitely try this way as the squeaking noise is just killing me.
                        MY16 GLS PAJERO-NON-DPF-MODEL

Safari snorkel, Nudge bar, Narva driving lights, SPVi unit, TP XP 3'' exhaust, P200 catch can, KN filter, OME 2'' lift, Rola roof racks, 2*2.5 awning,UNIDEN UFH9000, BOOS BASH PLATE 3 set,17'' factory Alloy, wrapped with OPATII,

Enjoy driving Enjoy touring Enjoy your life...

Comment

• NFT5
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2011
                          • Canberra

I'd just like to know if the dirt is part of the "fix".
                          Chris

Comment

• jvdkooij
                            • Sep 2016
                            • the Netherlands

I only have 2 isseus:

1) the protection plate in the middle makes a humming sound at 2500 rpm, solution on asphalt: drive faster, offroad I dont hear this

2) I live most of the year in the Netherlands and the car is in Siberia, I can't drive it daily, only a few weeks a year which is very annoying.
                            Last edited by jvdkooij; 17-05-18, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• explorin
                              • Jan 2017
                              • Victoria

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
                              Hated the transfer of road noise into the cabin, fixed by getting rid of vehicle!
                              that's extreme! haha

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X