View Single Post
Old 22-11-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
I definitely like the idea of these and am leaning towards them as the remote canister and adjustability is tempting... let me know what you find for the rear, obviously different but similar car...in your opinion, is the steel bullbar the only item that tips the front weight to 'heavy'? Eg if you have lights, bushskinz, 2nd battery, aerials etc and then either alloy bar or smart +winch, would that still be a candidate for a medium setup? Those things are all installed or in the works but I can't imagine adding a steel bar... already have alloy but will upgrade to smart bar +winch once I hit a few more roos... also how would you compare the pro shocks to the Dobinsons Monotube Remote Reservoir?
All weight is accumulative but a steel bar at 60kg to 80kg and a winch 25kg to 35kg mounted 3/4 of a metre forward of the axle put significant loads on the front suspension. 2nd battery and a set of 3 Bushskinz plates have the weight either directly over or rearwards of the front axle so these weights are not subject to the multiplication effect of load transfer.

Dobinson MRR had a bit of a bad start on the Pajero but problems seem to be sorted out, not sure if Smartcoils and Proshocks are availble for the Pajero but for Challenger/Triton, and for similar money you can get Smartcoils and remote canister struts that are adjustable both in dampening and ride height so to me that is an advantage and worth considering.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, +40mm std front Lovells, +50mm rear EHDVR Lovells, Bilsteins, Peddars 5899 bump stops, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II, torque convertor lockup indicator.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.