• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonMc
    • Mar 2015
    • Mandurah

Speaker wiring colours

Hi all,

I am in the process of installing a stereo in my challenger. I removed all door trims and recorded the speaker wire colours, these colours correspond to the diagram from the workshop manual posted in another thread.

I can see the wires for the front doors in the drivers and passenger foot wells, but the harness running into both rear doors does not appear to have the same colour thats in the door for the speakers.

Has anyone come across this before or am I looking in the wrong area? Trying to avoid tapping onto wires directly behind the head unit, rather do it just before they enter the doors.

Cheers
    2015 PC Manual, Bush Skinz, Ultimate Suspension, Rhino Pioneer Tray, Awning,
  • JasonMc
    • Mar 2015
    • Mandurah

Had a better look at the wiring diagram, looks like the wire colour changes at each plug, found a plug in the B pillar so going to use the wire colours stated before the plug and should be all ok.

Comment

• alexyjh
      • Aug 2017
      • Whyalla SA

hey man was just about to ask for the pin outs for the radio, can you tell me the colours for both rear speakers and a 12v trigger?

Comment

• JasonMc
        • Mar 2015
        • Mandurah

Hey bud, I tapped into the speaker wires behind the b pillar trim, the colours you're looking for are
        Left white black stripe +
        Grey -

Right yellow blue stripe +
        Grey blue stripe -

I used the factory head unit and high level input on the amps so didn't need a trigger, but best place is probs the rear cigarette jack to find 12v accessories.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X