X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KevsChallenger
    • Sep 2017
    • Melbourne

Wife ordered a lock up mate on Monday around lunch time and arrived this morning. Looks like a great bit of kit, cant wait till the weekend to fit it up. Thanks Marshall
    PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• Shogun 2000
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

Is the auto mate available for a 2008 NS DiD Auto?
      2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

I hope Marshall will forgive me for intruding in his thread, but he's currently working hard to figure out how to meet demand for his existing products, as well as develop products for many other popular vehicles on the market.

I've asked him the same question - NS? At present, the NS is a long way down his list, because he's not seeing sufficient demand to justify moving it up his list, above many other popular vehicles. If NS owners seriously want an auto-mate, they need to post up - and it will seriously help the cause if an Adelaide owner can volunteer a vehicle for a few days for testing.

But it's all a long shot. Auto-mate is the best product on the market, and NS owners are not the only ones looking for a solution. A lot of owners need to ask, and even if a lot do, there are no guarantees.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Shogun 2000
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
          I hope Marshall will forgive me for intruding in his thread, but he's currently working hard to figure out how to meet demand for his existing products, as well as develop products for many other popular vehicles on the market.

I've asked him the same question - NS? At present, the NS is a long way down his list, because he's not seeing sufficient demand to justify moving it up his list, above many other popular vehicles. If NS owners seriously want an auto-mate, they need to post up - and it will seriously help the cause if an Adelaide owner can volunteer a vehicle for a few days for testing.

But it's all a long shot. Auto-mate is the best product on the market, and NS owners are not the only ones looking for a solution. A lot of owners need to ask, and even if a lot do, there are no guarantees.
          Thanx mate, Damn
          2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011
            • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Shogun 2000 View Post
            Thanx mate, Damn
            But Lockup Mate is available for the NS.

OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• m_and_m
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010
              • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by Shogun 2000 View Post
              Is the auto mate available for a 2008 NS DiD Auto?
              Thanks above guys for answering.
              auto-mate for the NS hasn’t been developed, but yes, a lockup-mate is available. With the JATCO transmission in the NS you get the ability to lockup in 1st gear for better 4LLc downhill engine braking as a bonus that the ASIN transmission in the NT+ can’t do.
              2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
              2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
              Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Mate has had the lock up mate for 18 months at least and is very happy with it.
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• KevsChallenger
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Melbourne

Installed my Lock Up Mate on the Challenger today.

About 90 minutes from walking out the back door till i was back from the test drive.

Great instructions and nice and easy DIY.

My initial reaction is wow what a difference.

Cant wait to put some klms on it.

Thanks Marshall
                  PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• terryfirma
                    • Oct 2007
                    • Clare S.A.

Finally got out today to try the recently installed auto mate. Did around 200 kms and initial reaction is very impressive.
                    I have had a lock up kit installed for over 3 years, it was a relative basic unit compared to auto mate.
                    The old system worked well however engine code P2764 was a regularly thing particularly when towing. This error code could often be put down to low RPM for the gear. During cold weather low Trans temperature would easily set it of. I would leave it off until temps were above 40C.
                    Also I installed a set of paddles recently, and with the almost instant gear change with the paddle the lock up kit could not keep up and the code would appear.
                    After following the development of auto mate over the past few years, I finally bit the bullet and purchased auto mate. Last week end I removed the old system and installed auto mate.
                    WOW its excellent compared to the old school technology.
                    Marshall gets 12 out of 10 for the elimination of the 1st gear quirk. What a great innovation Have not tried it out with the van attached but initial reaction is it will certainly stop that 1st gear lunge.
                    My main reasons for having auto mate is to control auto trans temperatures, have the ability to lock up the torque converter and ease of operating.
                    Well done Marshall for an excellent product

Cheers

Terry
                    Last edited by terryfirma; 27-06-20, 07:26 PM.
                    NH Pajero 1993 3.0 V6 GLS with ARB Bullbar, HD Suspension 2" lift, Roof rack, cargo barrier, rear drawers, onboard air compressor, Mickey Thompson MTZ tyres, Hella Spot lights, UHF radio, GPS
                    ALSO NT 30th Anniversary Model 3.2 DID Auto.(Accessory list needs to start again). Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 Tyres, ARB old man emu 50mm Suspension lift, SPV module and Catch Can,Bushskinz plates, King Brown 3" Exhaust turbo back, Flappy Paddles, Auto Mate Torque Lock up Kit.

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Hi Terry and KevsChallenger,
                      Well, what else can I say but ‘thanks’
                      No better compliment than to have someone rip out the old school tech and appreciate the new (auto-mate / lockup-mate) so much.

Feedback like yours (and likewise from so many other customers) makes all the effort worthwhile

Cheers,
                      Marshall
                      Last edited by m_and_m; 27-06-20, 11:36 PM.
                      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• turbopsi
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Melbourne

Hi all, how did you find the install? I've been wanting to do something about the auto lockup on the nw Pajero for years now since the early days of lockup mate and auto mate release but the thought of breaking or snapping off trim/dash pieces has held me off. Price has gone up on me as well but I don't want to risk breaking anything.
                        I back myself on being capable of most things but don't like the idea of popping of pieces of dash etc... I'm used to being able to remove things with visible screws etc... Feedback would be appreciated and also any techniques to guarantee a successful install. Cheers

Comment

• Ian H
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2015
                          • Melbourne

It's not difficult and the instructions are very detailed and I don't know of anyone on here who has had a problem with it.

I'd suggest you spend a couple of dollars and get a set of trim removal tools too. They help enormously and make taking off panels etc very easy.

If you follow the book, you can't go wrong and it's a brilliant addition to the way the car drives.
                          Last edited by Ian H; 03-10-20, 07:14 AM.
                          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2019
                            • Brisbane

Originally posted by turbopsi View Post
                            Hi all, how did you find the install? I've been wanting to do something about the auto lockup on the nw Pajero for years now since the early days of lockup mate and auto mate release but the thought of breaking or snapping off trim/dash pieces has held me off. Price has gone up on me as well but I don't want to risk breaking anything.
                            I back myself on being capable of most things but don't like the idea of popping of pieces of dash etc... I'm used to being able to remove things with visible screws etc... Feedback would be appreciated and also any techniques to guarantee a successful install. Cheers
                            I managed to do it quite stress free & i'm not a very clever man.

Patience always helps i find, take your time & a chill pill. Keep fitting instructions with you & read them step by step, one step at a time. It is monkey see monkey do about 90%.

You need to buy of top of my head, if you dont have
                            Solder iron,
                            wire strippers,
                            pair of side cutters,
                            Marker pen & Centre pop/ punch automatic one i found handy to mount the resistor (mark holes) as per instructions where stated to mount it
                            A cordless drill, phillips head bit for it & correct size drill bit to mount resistor, you need to drill couple holes for resistor screws.
                            I like heat shrink or insulation tape will do the job

Hardest part in my vehicle was centre console, drink holder removal
                            I hired my 11 year old daughter for 5 minutes to fit the plug in front of gear shifter so that was no problem at all, getting the plug out is easy, plugging that one small hands is handy, it wasn't a problem for my 11 year old girl.

Check five times when cutting ECU wires another 5 times when soldering wires & i had no problems

Treat the plastic rod in gear shifter when you have removed shifter knob like your best friend, dont break it accidentally when your pulling the console out, keep the plastic rod safe, it's under the shifter thing you grab to change gears, you'll see.

See this also

Hi all, today's video is quite long but covers off the install of the MM4x4 Automate lock up kit from start to finish into the NT Mitsubishi PAjeroI recomm...
                            Last edited by Jasonmc73; 02-10-20, 10:29 PM.
                            Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2019
                              • Brisbane

Oh as to your question plastic panels, your not removing any fragile or hard ones, centre console drink holder just play around with it and it'll come, the others you need to remove will almost fall of to be honest, not hard.

Trim tools which for that job you hardly need but handy to own anyhow & will make it easier, less chance of damage

Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• turbopsi
                                • Mar 2012
                                • Melbourne

Thanks guys, I'll see if I can grab a copy of the instructions to go over before I buy. I've got most of the tools mentioned here so I should be ok. Cheers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X