• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybobtail
    • May 2011
    • pertj

suspension seats (bracket) for 95

i have just found some suspension seats from a 91 pajero that i would like to try and fit into my 95.anyone know if they make a bracket or where i can get one made so i can fit the seats
    thanks
  • seivad
    • Jul 2010
    • Sydney

I obtained a set of suspension seats intending to retro fit to an NL. The seat squabs bolt onto the top of the suspension mechanism, while standard seats go all the way down to the floor runners. The runners are the same for both kinds of seat. Have you got both seats and suspension units? If so you should be able to unbolt your present seats from the runners and fit the suspension set, unless things were different in the 90 to 95 pajs.

Comment

• Bernoulli
      • Jun 2007
      • Oregon, USA

The Gen1 suspension seats are simple. The suspension unit bolts to the floor with a four (sometimes 6) rectangle pattern. The floor is flat. The Gen2 mounting holes are at different levels and do not line up with each other. A new bracket would have to be made to hold a Gen1 suspension unit to the floor. I'd be surprised if a Gen2 Seat would fit the suspension. There are Gen2 suspension systems -- quite rare.
      89 3.0L 5Spd SWB Raider in NW USA

Comment

• mybobtail
        • May 2011
        • pertj

Originally posted by seivad View Post
        I obtained a set of suspension seats intending to retro fit to an NL. The seat squabs bolt onto the top of the suspension mechanism, while standard seats go all the way down to the floor runners. The runners are the same for both kinds of seat. Have you got both seats and suspension units? If so you should be able to unbolt your present seats from the runners and fit the suspension set, unless things were different in the 90 to 95 pajs.
        yes i have both sets of seats the runners on my seats is closer to the floor where as the suspension seats the runner is just below the seat.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by mybobtail View Post
          yes i have both sets of seats the runners on my seats is closer to the floor where as the suspension seats the runner is just below the seat.
          Sounds like those '91 suspension-seats are from a gen1 , not an NH gen2 from later that year.
          As they are such a different design, it'll be less work trying to find bouncy-bases from a gen2, especially as the gen1 cabin was taller & the seating-position was further from the floor! Unless you're a short bloke, you'll need a permanently open sunroof, or else you might end up creating one!

Steve
          Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
          "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• mybobtail
            • May 2011
            • pertj

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
            Sounds like those '91 suspension-seats are from a gen1 , not an NH gen2 from later that year.
            As they are such a different design, it'll be less work trying to find bouncy-bases from a gen2, especially as the gen1 cabin was taller & the seating-position was further from the floor! Unless you're a short bloke, you'll need a permanently open sunroof, or else you might end up creating one!

Steve
            ok so are you saying that maybe I should look for NH gen 2 seats ?. I seen a set in a mates 91 I got excited rang a wrecker and he has a good set there. so I thought if I can get a set to fit I would.I am 5ft9 so sounds like I nee to fit a sunroof as well.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by mybobtail View Post
              ok so are you saying that maybe I should look for NH gen 2 seats ?. I seen a set in a mates 91 I got excited rang a wrecker and he has a good set there. so I thought if I can get a set to fit I would.I am 5ft9 so sounds like I nee to fit a sunroof as well.
              Usually factory sun-roofs reduce headroom, but I'm taller than you & I fit inside comfortably even with the factory pop-up sunroof, which is what couldn't be said about the std-roof height in a Delicia.

My NH has the bouncy-bases & I've acquired some racing-seats for more support, but I can fit them by using some square-tubing to lift them that extra bit of height to where the std ones are, & also to clear the suspension-base mechanism (see thread I posted earlier this arvo;
              http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=17100 ).

However, there's one thing I did notice about gen2 seats, mine has lumbar-support adjustment, whereas you lose that mechanism if your seat has fold-down arm-rests! Though I don't know whether that feature was on the gen1?

Steve
              Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
              "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• mybobtail
                • May 2011
                • pertj

I have found a guy that can get base plate and change the runners without touching my original seats and without drilling new holes in the floor.the only thing is he wants $500 per seat. so with the cost of the seats it will cost around $1200.so any ideas if it is money well spent as I have no idea what a set of new seats would cost plus not knowing how good suspension seats are.

Comment

• Bernoulli
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Oregon, USA

$500? Outrageous. I started on a bracket for mine, but have decided to hold off and trade my Gen2 for a Gen1 -- anyway, the bracket fabrication would take an hour for a fabricator and $10 worth of steel.

I was making mine out of steel from the local welder's trash bin, a drill press and angle grinder. Rocket science it ain't, but it will take careful measurements and probably some mock-ups for fitting.
                  89 3.0L 5Spd SWB Raider in NW USA

Comment

• Downunder35m
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • Near Melbourne

I currently have the same project planned for my 94.
                    I was lucky enough to obtain the bouncy seats and have a spare set of sets that were in the car before I put the ones the ones with lower back support in.
                    Was thinking of cutting the base of the original seat to get the proper mounts and shortening the bouncy base as far as possible to keep the head room.
                    Some flat steel to support the welds for the new seat console and all should be fine.
                    If you want I'll take some pictures and document the process if I'm successful.
                    Also if someone needs seats .... LOL
                    '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
                    Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

• mybobtail
                      • May 2011
                      • pertj

yes that would be great

Comment

• Barneymutt
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2007
                        • Regents Park. Qld

Gen1 Seats.

Comment

• Downunder35m
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • Near Melbourne

Well, had two nice days to try these seats...
                          What seemed to be a fairly straight forward job turns out to be almost impossible - at least if you prefer to stay safe.
                          There a two major problems :
                          1. the original seat mounts are not at the same hight
                          2. the bouncy console is about 6 cm too high (if it would be mounted flat on floor)

I found two possible options:
                          a) Making a new mout for the bouncy seat to fit on the floor would mean to make a complete frame that adjusts the height difference but still leaves enough room for the heater outlet under the seat.
                          b) using the original mounts, remove the parts for the seat adjustment and fit the bouncy base in between.

Both "solutions" have the problem that making a safe and secure mount is not easy and might cause trouble with VicRoads.
                          The major problem is that in the best case you still end up at least 6cm higher than before - for me that is not enough head room.

The question is no longer if I can keep my nice and comphy seat on a new base, but if there is a way to cut these 6cm down.
                          Removing the heater outlet and using a frame that sits almost complete on the floor could bring about 3cm, if lucky.
                          Cutting the bouncy base is no option for me as it would compromise it's strengh and you would gain less than 2cm imho.

Any more good ideas ?
                          '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
                          Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2009
                            • Peakhurst, Sydney

Maybe 3rd option is to find some gen2 bouncy-seats, as they'd be less work!

Steve
                            Steve

Comment

• peejay68au
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007
                              • nsw

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
                              Maybe 3rd option is to find some gen2 bouncy-seats, as they'd be less work!

Steve
                              Might be less work but finding one will be harder than finding a fifty in my wallet.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

Henry David Thoreau

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X