• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giddyup
    • Oct 2013
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by selsij View Post
    I'd gladly pay a few more dollars at initial purchase for some descent seats.
    Well you did have the option to buy the XLS with better seats.
    MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• Tony G
      • Aug 2011
      • Geelong

After getting some feedback from "reciprovac" regarding his thoughts on the seat modification, I spoke to Adam at Inside Cars and decided to have our front seats modified.
      On meeting Adam at his workshop he explained in detail what he would be doing to the seats, replacing the original foam with a twin layer that would give more flexibility. He also flattened out the rear of the seat, in his opinion the raised rear would tend to push the body forward, he also softened the front of the passenger seat, my wife is vertically challenged and this softening would lessen the pressure on the back of her legs.
      First impressions on the drive home from Wantirna to Geelong
      (11/2 hr) were very good, wife and I agreed we were sitting in the seat not on the seat, we could feel the foam actually working.
      If any other Melbourne/Vic forum members are suffering from the Challenger seats I would not hesitate to reccomend Adam.
      Cost for the work done $370.
      We are off on a couple of trips soon so time will tell.
      2012 LS, manual, Ironbark. Factory Tow Bar, TJM High Loop Nudge Bar, GME UHF, Prodigy P3 brake controller.

Comment

• Ent
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2014
        • Tasmania

Sounds like a good option but my main compliant is they do not go far enough back.
        Last edited by Ent; 27-09-15, 08:22 AM.
        2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

• itsamitsi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2015
          • Hervey Bay Queensland

We found bringing the car home from Newcastle to Melbourne the LS leather seats were hard as a brick but they seem to have softened up now (10K) so hopefully they will do it a little more then they will be perfect.
          Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Kingbrown
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2012
            • Port Augusta - SA

In the PB era (and MN Tritons too), spacers were the simple solution to comfortable front seats. They certainly worked for me.
            Does the PC benefit from fitting spacers in the same way ?
            2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• greig
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2010
              • kanwal

I didn't know the XLS seats were different to the base model...I presumed they were just trimmed in different material ?

When I had my Challenger ( LS ) I moved the seats back 50mm, but they were still not suited to my legs, mainly the hamstring area, which got sore after approx 1 1/2 hrs behind the wheel.

I have a 200 series now and it's no better, but being 195cm tall doesn't help.

Comment

• momo
                • Jun 2010
                • Perth

Well having had both models, its seems they went cheap on seats when going to the PC. The front now has a dial for seat base height but it slopes awkwardly when going down, I much preferred the crank lever style on the PB as it sat flatter through the range of movement.
                And the rear seats no longer slide fore-aft which which is a bugger too.
                Not to mention STEEL SPARE !! - sorry had to get that in there

Comment

• SwampFox55
                  • Jan 2014
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by selsij View Post
                  Why isn't that MMA don't realise that the seats that come standard in all models of the Challenger are NOT to the correct set up for Australians?
                  They mat be alright for the shorter, lighter weight Asian frame but NOT for the Australian one. I've put spacers in my front seats, and whilst they are not perfect, they are much better. I don't feel that I am sliding off any more.
                  I’ve no issue with the flatter squab angle as I have the seat set as low as possible when on the blacktop. Similarly, I have no problems with the seat travel and never feel cramped for leg room. However, from day one I’ve had a minor issue with the side bolsters digging into my back on either side because the backrest is too narrow for my body. Hence, I trialled a couple of simple foam cushions that I’d cut to shape, then re-shaped a couple of times until they worked. The enclosed photo shows both cushions after some re-trimming a few days ago; with a ruler for scaling. I used the softer thicker one (beige/49mm) for a year and then the slightly thinner firmer one (green/21mm) for six months, after which I reshaped them both to the smallest size possible, to stop them being too pronounced under the seat covers. The upper section is just wide enough to accommodate my shoulder blades and the lumber section just wide enough to stop the bolsters digging into my back, above the kidneys. They’re about 80% the height of the backrest. The foam cost $10 at Clarke Rubber. I cut a paper template and marked it out on the foam and the shop assistant trimmed it neatly to shape with a cutter. I then trimmed-off the hard edge, tucked them into old pillow slips (to collect the crumbs) and put them under both front seat covers. I use the thicker softer cushion and they’ll stay there until I sell the car. The backrest had to go back a little but the comfort factor is 8 out of 10 and for the price, I have no complaints. They work!

Cheers,

SF55
                  27 Sep 15
                  Attached Files
                  White 2012 PB auto with Mitsy towbar, Smart Bar, CB radio, Philips +100% high-beam bulbs, +60% low-beam, 265 J-Trax ATs, headlight protectors, rear dust deflector, mudflap extensions & ALDI roof racks.

Comment

• robdavo
                    • Dec 2013
                    • Wantirna, Vic

PC Chally Front Seat Reupholster

FINALLY..... after putting up with the seats, I have finally booked into Inside Cars in Wantirna (thanks Reciprovac) to have both front seats modified.
                    Met with Adam this morning and we went through the options/ideas on materials to be used, as well as looking at the option for an air pump inflatable lumbar support. Decided to go with just the mod using 3 different types of foam for side bolsters, lumbar, seat topper and seat underlay.
                    Booked in for 21/9, and I have a 200km trip on the following weekend, so should get a bit of a feeling - no pun intended, for how the seats feel. Hope they're great because heading off soon for a couple of months touring.
                    Will provide a bit of feedback when I can. Oh, by the way, price is still great @ $380 for both front seats without air lumbar (additional $246 with). $20 price rise since 4/15 when Reciprovac had his done; can't complain about that.

My son suggested that whilst I have the seats pulled apart to have some seat heaters installed (he had them done on his Paj Sport). Hunted up a local supplier - Power Technologies in Montrose 03 9736 1100, and they currently had the 2 temperature Luxury seat kits on special @ $150 each. Will have Inside Cars fit them on Thursday, and will give them a try out on the weekend. I wired the switches in myself today, so should save a bit in install.
                    BTW, found a mob on Ebay selling same/similar kit for $35 a set, so search if interested in them. They look identical as far as I can see, but don't have the actual pads with me to check, but all the wiring looks the same.
                    Last edited by robdavo; 19-09-17, 06:17 PM. Reason: Seat Heaters
                    MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Terra Rosa, Rear Storage Drawer and Fridge System, 120Ah Dual Battery, Traxide SC80 Isolator, H/Reece Hitch. Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, LED Running Lights, 80W LED Light Bar, Factory (PB) Nudge Bar. Thule Racks, GME TX3510 CB, Poly Airs, MN Triton 17" wheels. Tinted windows, deflectors and bonnet guard. Headlight protectors.

Comment

• Grimo82
                      • Feb 2015
                      • Sth Coast NSW

sounds like a great option.

ive been driving hilux's and rangers for work lately - and while the base PC ranger isnt much better than the base PC id kill for the comfort of the hilux seats in the challenger......

only other as floated on here somwhere was straight up replacement with custom seats - i remember figures of $2.5K being thrown around for front two?

Comment

• robdavo
                        • Dec 2013
                        • Wantirna, Vic

Seat Re-upholster and heaters

Well, after having the front seats done by Inside Cars on Thursday, I did a long drive on Sat - approx 2 hours each way.
                        Bottom line -pardon the pun- is that the seats are definitely more comfortable and provide a better "grip".
                        Basically, the seat squabs were stripped of some of the existing upper foam, and replaced with a softer and thicker foam. This has the effect of providing more support under the thighs, and pushing you further back into the seat. Heavier foam under the base of the seat provides an additional cushioning over the original seat. They also replaced the side sections of the squab with a firmer foam to also enhance the overall body grip.
                        Also purchased some electric heaters for the squab and backrest of both front seats, and whilst it was too hot to try them on this longer trip, a short ride home from the upholsterers indicate that they will be fantastic in the cooler months. Also had them put in a small amount of foam in the lumbar region, which was quite noticable.

Overall Impression
                        The seat is definitely more supportive in holding you in place with the deeper well for the butt due to higher thigh support as well as side bolsters. The back is the best part with mild lumbar support, and I had no pain in the back at all.
                        However, and bear in mind that I normally only drive this car once or twice a week on short suburban runs, and 2 or 3 times a year on long touring trips, my body takes a bit of time to adapt to driving, but following the 2 hour each way drive (plus standing around for 4 hours inbetween), at the end of the day I had a decent amount of tightness in the calf muscles as well as a bit of a tender butt.
                        Hopefully this will sort itself out as I fiddle with the adjustments of seat fwd/rev and height/tilt positioning. Heading off soon to SW W.Aust, so 10,000Km should prove things one way or the other.
                        MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Terra Rosa, Rear Storage Drawer and Fridge System, 120Ah Dual Battery, Traxide SC80 Isolator, H/Reece Hitch. Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, LED Running Lights, 80W LED Light Bar, Factory (PB) Nudge Bar. Thule Racks, GME TX3510 CB, Poly Airs, MN Triton 17" wheels. Tinted windows, deflectors and bonnet guard. Headlight protectors.

Comment

• Vicbitter
                          • May 2016
                          • Melbourne

Could anybody recommend an upholsterer in the western suburbs of Melbourne.
                          Not sure how long I can put up with this seat.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• jimiw
                            • Jan 2017
                            • Brisbane

Qld

anyone know anyone in QLD who can do this seat modification? Also anyone who can move the drivers seat backwards? As I am 189 CM tall and it is very cramped, can't do long drives without leg and back pain...

thanks!
                            2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.

Comment

• Sjb-85
                              • Jan 2013
                              • Pakenham, Vic

Sounds like a very good option and I like the idea of the heated seats as well ��
                              2012, Mitsubishi PB Challenger LS (manual)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X