• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimiw
    • Jan 2017
    • Brisbane

Osram front bulbs

OK CHANGING QUESTION

PHILLIPS VS OSRAM HB3 and H11 bulbs.....OSRAM cool white 4200K I can get for $39 and the Phillips have 3 options at 3 price levels - diamond vision, crystal vision and X-treme vision.....

experiences with them and are the x-treme better than the diamond? $61 vs $81
    Last edited by jimiw; 15-06-18, 04:10 PM.
    2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.
  • jimiw
    • Jan 2017
    • Brisbane

Old Jack has suggested other Phillips ones before I think but the code he mentioned doesn't exist (at least anymore!) so I don't know anything about that.
    2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.

Comment

• jimiw
      • Jan 2017
      • Brisbane

actually to add to that they are cheaper at spares box anyway

so to CHANGE MY COMPLETE QUESTION

Best cool white high output bulbs HB3 and H11?

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi Jim,

You are correct, Phillips no longer do performance +120 globe but they do do a +100
        https://www.philips.com.au/c-m-au/ca...alogen#halogen.

Problem with performance halogen globes is there is no "free lunch" you pay much more for them and they last much less time. In high use conditions such as if you drive around with low beam on all the time you will only get 6 to 12 months life from them. Phillips last the longest about a year followed Osram. I now use Osram Nightbreaker Plus and buy these online from Powerbulbs, normally $40 a pair but they are often have 20% or more off so that is when I buy them. I currently am getting about 9 months out of low beams using them every day for about 1-2 hours a day. So that is between 270 and 540 hours of light.

To me the extra cost and hassle of changing them is worth it as there is an improvement in both distance and light intensity.

Once you get over 4000K colour temperature, visible light drops off rapidly so they may look brighter to look at but actually there is far less light on the road so night vision is impaired.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X