• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DPP
    • Jan 2010
    • Newcastle NSW

Mark and Steve's Pajero Adventures

Hi All

Here is a video i took on the GoPro of me and a friends last run over Sugarloaf near Newcastle.

I took about 4 hours of HD video during the day, and selected the best parts of the day.

Its about 25 mins worth but well worth the look

Mark and Steve in the Red and Blue Pajero's head out around a few tracks around Sugarloaf. Lots of mud, lots of water and also a little bit of damage to both…

Cheers
    Mark
    My Photography website

www.tigheshillphotography.com

http://www.flickr.com/wollongongVerada

1994 Red NJ LWB Pajero. 2" Suspension lift, 2" Body lift, 33" Maxxis Bighorn's on 15x8 rims, Roo Lites 220 Spotlights, Steel Roof cage, LED Lightbar, ARB Bullbar, Airtec Snorkel, Front Lokka, freewheeling hubs and various odds and ends!!
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

Awesome video Mark.
    So jealous of the areas you guys have to play in, in the eastern states......
    Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• sandgroper05
      • Apr 2009
      • Townsville

nice video, looked like a lot of fun!
      Pajero 05 NP DiD, Lovell HD Springs and Bilstein Shocks, ARB Bull Bar, ARB air compressor, Scorpion ATRs, roof rack, CTEK Dual Bty System, Black Widow Draws, Fox Wing Awning, Bushskinz sliders and guards, Tigerz 12000lb winch, Dropslide and Uniden UHF.

Comment

• scorpion 42
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2011
        • London. uk

post thread

Originally posted by DPP View Post
        Hi All

Here is a video i took on the GoPro of me and a friends last run over Sugarloaf near Newcastle.

I took about 4 hours of HD video during the day, and selected the best parts of the day.

Its about 25 mins worth but well worth the look

Mark and Steve in the Red and Blue Pajero's head out around a few tracks around Sugarloaf. Lots of mud, lots of water and also a little bit of damage to both…

Cheers
        Mark
        Well Mark, thats about the dirtyest your truck has ever been since it came into your ownership, isn't it, through watching the vid, your colleages truck didn't seem as caperble as yours, or was it a matter of him not reading the lay of the land as he approched the obsticales. ???

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Peakhurst, Sydney

Can't help thinking that despite the later models having extra electronic-wizardry, the Gen2s still seem to have the edge in terrain like this, although I'm still curious to know whether you have 'Super-select' in your Pajeros?
          Wasn't surprised to see you move the camera from side though!

Steve
          Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
          "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• dbomba
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Homebase Sydney

Regards
            Daryl
            Formerlya NH and a NL GLS, both raised, Dual Batteries,
            Free wheeling hubs, Bullbars, Snorkels etc.

Recently picked up another NL that's knocked about. Might be a new project.

Comment

• craka
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Newcastle (Newie)

I have a swb Gen 2 and it has Super Select, pretty sure or Gen II's do.
              NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• craka
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Newcastle (Newie)

How's that bog hole. What damage did they suffer?>
                NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• DPP
                  • Jan 2010
                  • Newcastle NSW

It was a bit of a demon that mudhole. I lost my front number plate in the depths of it!! The end results of the day were a snapped CV on Steves truck, and a few dents and scratches on both trucks!! Nothing too major. Found most of the damage after the trucks had a bath!!!

Bit of a silly place to mount the camera at first!! First turn of the wheel and up came the mud. The bonnet was a lot better!!
                  My Photography website

1994 Red NJ LWB Pajero. 2" Suspension lift, 2" Body lift, 33" Maxxis Bighorn's on 15x8 rims, Roo Lites 220 Spotlights, Steel Roof cage, LED Lightbar, ARB Bullbar, Airtec Snorkel, Front Lokka, freewheeling hubs and various odds and ends!!

Comment

• DPP
                    • Jan 2010
                    • Newcastle NSW

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
                    Can't help thinking that despite the later models having extra electronic-wizardry, the Gen2s still seem to have the edge in terrain like this, although I'm still curious to know whether you have 'Super-select' in your Pajeros?
                    Wasn't surprised to see you move the camera from side though!

Steve
                    Yep, both trucks have Super Select, but Steves has a Lokka and lockable hubs. Mine will have the same very very soon!!!
                    My Photography website

Comment

• DPP
                      • Jan 2010
                      • Newcastle NSW

Originally posted by scorpion 42 View Post
                      Well Mark, thats about the dirtyest your truck has ever been since it came into your ownership, isn't it, through watching the vid, your colleages truck didn't seem as caperble as yours, or was it a matter of him not reading the lay of the land as he approched the obsticales. ???
                      HAHA....its the first documented time of how dirty it got!!

My mate Steves Pajero is proberbly more capable than mine, especially with the front Lokka.
                      His truck was featured in a recent 4WD Action DVD and performed really well against the likes of a couple of pretty modded GU Patrols and Graham's GQ shorty.

Mine will be a lot more capable when I get my Lokka fitted and the very well overdue new clutch!! :-)
                      My Photography website

Comment

• Corny
                        • Aug 2010
                        • Kambalda WA

loved it that video was awesome
                        2012 NW DID Auto GLS 40mm lift, ARB compressor, ARB Delux Bar, Lightforce XGT spotties, Rhino roof rack, ARB awning, dual Batteries Awesome Car Love it

Comment

• voluum
                          • Dec 2010
                          • Yarra Valley

Excellent work gentlemen! Some reasonably gnarly stuff there, well done. How do you find the Bighorns, and what tyres does Steve run? I'm looking at putting some 33's on my Paj in the near future.

Cheers
                          Shane
                          NL Escape - Maxxis, MCC, Runva, Narva, Uniden, Vision X, Ignite, Pioneer, Revolution, Ctek, Great Whites, Dobinsons, Desert Fox, Projecta, Strike, VMS, Boo's Bash Plates, Rock Sliders, Redarc, Primus, Polyairs, AOB Breathers, Homebrand Drawers and eBay. Now towing Mars Hardfloor Camper. More pending

Comment

• DPP
                            • Jan 2010
                            • Newcastle NSW

Cheers mate!!

I really like the Bighorns!! Awesome offroad and pretty good on the road as well!

Steve has the same as me, 33x12.5x15.
                            My Photography website

Comment

• TC.Barky
                              Valued Member
                              • Oct 2011
                              • Melbourne

Awesome video. That area looks hella fun. Got a mate working up near there for the next month or so. Might have to take a trip up to visit him ;p
                              MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                              Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X