Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

What did you do to your Challenger today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeePee
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2012
    • Brisbane

Washed it and put it back under the car cover for a few weeks. Attached the trickle charger to the battery, with it sitting for weeks not being used the battery is not happy.

Used it for the last few weeks over Christmas, now has 84,000 on the clock.
    MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

• pb4x2
      • May 2015
      • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Removed the auto-mate module to return to Marshall of MM4x4 to have software update. Will be forwarded express post tomorrow.
      2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• amec
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Wamberal

Drove it and the airbag light came on
        PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

Originally posted by amec View Post
          Could possibly be the right hand curtain airbag code ... take it to the dealer for diagnostic...

If out of warranty, ask them to submit it to Mitsubishi... (wiring loom) goodwill ... as it’s a known issue ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Despicable
            • Apr 2018
            • Gold Coast

My airbag light stayed on recently when I tried to start my Challenger with a flat battery. None of my scanners read airbag codes. It was over Christmas when everything was shut or booked out. I found out Supercheap can scan and clear codes from $14 7 days a week. https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/se...nd-diagnostics
            I can’t confirm that they can do airbag codes as I had mine reset by an auto electrician, but they might be worth a phone call. That’s pretty cheap and convenient.

Regards,
            Despicable.
            2014 PC LS Challenger, Auto, MMA Alloy Bullbar,
            Great Whites, Cooper AT3's 265-65-17, 3 x Bushskinz,
            Brown and Davis Long Range Tank, Automate, HR Towbar,
            Raised King Suspension, Aluminium Drawer System and all the usual other stuff.

Comment

• Taveray
              • Jul 2019
              • Toorak Gardens

Great storage platform. I'd like one!

Originally posted by Tombo89 View Post
              Had a storage platform put in a while ago by off road systems. Its 300mm high so easily fits an extra spare under if i need. Provides heaps of room for all my gear underneath and i can fit a double mattress on top! I thought about a drawer system but this set up better suits my needs.

And some new shoes a few months ago aswell

Bravo! It's just what I need to cart all my windsurfing gear around, but I'm in Adelaide and Off Road Systems don't appear to be here. So I might be able to build something similar if you would be kind enough to send or post some specs and photos, etc. In particular, I'm keen to see how the legs are set up. I'd be delighted if you were able to help.

Comment

• pb4x2
                • May 2015
                • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Australia post delivered my updated Auto-Mate module today at 2.30pm sent from MM4x4 in Adelaide yesterday. I refitted to module within minutes and went for a short test drive where I found the change from second to third to be really good now as before the engine would flare before changing up to third. Also very noticeable is how well it holds forth and fifth gears instead of hunting from one to the other.While my Challenger is a RWD (4x2 or 2WD) and will not be used for towing I have absolutely no regrets buying the Auto-Mate as it has transformed the way it drives. Again Marshall thank you for a brilliant product and great service.
                Darryl
                2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• amec
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Wamberal

Originally posted by amec View Post
                  Took the car in and left it for a day. Got the phone call, "cleaned all contacts, reset code and road tested, all good".
                  I leave the yard and 200m down the road and the airbag light comes back on. Turn around and go back. 20 minutes later, old mate says. "Try again".
                  Travelled 40kms so far and light has not returned as yet....
                  PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Ozzyal
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Rushworth

Get yourself an OBD2 bluetooth reader and the Torque app , clear faults yourself ..
                    Obviously use some common sense and have it checked if it continues to reappear or you have good reason to suspect a genuine issue .

Comment

• amec
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2015
                      • Wamberal

Originally posted by Ozzyal View Post
                      Get yourself an OBD2 bluetooth reader and the Torque app , clear faults yourself ..
                      Obviously use some common sense and have it checked if it continues to reappear or you have good reason to suspect a genuine issue .
                      I have a device for that, the car is still under warranty. This is a not uncommon fault and i wanted a record of raising it as an issue prior to the end of the warranty period.

Comment

• Kingbrown
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2012
                        • Port Augusta - SA

My understanding was that safety-related codes (airbags, brakes etc) can't be cleared with a garden variety OBDII reader. A more exotic device or MUTT is required for those operations.
                        Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                        2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• amec
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Wamberal

Some can read and clear factory codes. The tool i have does clear airbag codes for many makes.

Comment

• zippo
                            • Jun 2017
                            • Queensland

180,000K Service

Finished the last of the 180,000K service items. I've used Penrite synthetic oils all round (engine, diffs, Auto and transfer case). All from Supercheap @ 30% off Boxig Day Sale.

Got a Gates TCKH1602 full timing belt and tensioner / pulley kit from Supercheap for list of $389 but was 30% off Special Orders for Boxing Day Sale for $272
                            Water pump is a Gates TF8468 5 bolt water pump for $104 delivered from ebay. All up, $377.06 including postage.

(By contrast, from Repco, TCKH1602 $563 and TF8468 5 bolt water pump $293 or $856 over the counter)

In the middle of doing the service - engine, diffs and transfer case done, but not the Auto or timing belt - I had to do a quick trip South with the van. On the way home, buzzing along at 100K's and there was a noise and then a vibration in 4th. Engine seemed OK and gearbox normal - the vibration wasn't at engine speed - somewhat less and cyclic. 3rd and 5th didn't seem to do it. Anyhow, by the time I got home (about another 4 1/2 hours later) the vibration was there in all gears and Park. When it was cold next day, it didn't seem to do it till the gearbox was up to temp. (Automate fitted so I watch the oil temp).

Did the gearbox flush and new oil but didn't seem to change anything - didn't seem to be the torque converter as it happened in park or with the TQ on / off using the Automate.

Long story short - the belt for the balencer shafts lost its teeth. All the timing gear now fitted and it's all smooth again.
                            White PC, MY13 LS Auto. Diesel Smart Engine Chip, Windbooster Throttle Controller, M&M Auto-Mate, Full-width Intercooler, 3 Inch Stainless Exhaust, Safari Snorkel, Tough Dog Adjustable Suspension, Rear Air Bags, Diff breathers, Heavy Duty Tow Bar, X Cross Sports Front Bar, LED Bar Light, Toyo Open Country 275/65/17 Tyres, UHF CB, GSL Trailer Brake Controller, Pro 200 catch can, EGR mod.

Comment

• old Jack
                              Regular
                              • Jun 2011
                              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by zippo View Post

Long story short - the belt for the balencer shafts lost its teeth. All the timing gear now fitted and it's all smooth again.
                              All good info on parts thanks.

Lucky escape on the balance belt, sometimes when these let go they can take out the timing belt.
                              I wonder if the balance belt was changed at the same time as the timing belt last time?

OJ.
                              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• zippo
                                • Jun 2017
                                • Queensland

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                                All good info on parts thanks.

I wonder if the balance belt was changed at the same time as the timing belt last time?

OJ.
                                Unlikely as the timing belt pulleys / tensioners were all original.
                                White PC, MY13 LS Auto. Diesel Smart Engine Chip, Windbooster Throttle Controller, M&M Auto-Mate, Full-width Intercooler, 3 Inch Stainless Exhaust, Safari Snorkel, Tough Dog Adjustable Suspension, Rear Air Bags, Diff breathers, Heavy Duty Tow Bar, X Cross Sports Front Bar, LED Bar Light, Toyo Open Country 275/65/17 Tyres, UHF CB, GSL Trailer Brake Controller, Pro 200 catch can, EGR mod.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X