• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam Pato
    • Jan 2011
    • Brisbane

Wheeling around 1770

We're setting off on our annual pilgrimage to 1770 next week. On the last few trips we've done a few short trips into the national par just to the south but not much more.

Can anyone give us any tips on other places to try?

Anything with a bit of beach and fishing is always popular.

Cheers

Sam
    Pajero NS GLX 3.2DID 2008, SPVIII, DPF Delete, Inlet Clean, ARB bullbar, Pioneer Platform
  • baldyjoe327
    • Jun 2007
    • the oaks nsw

only frazer island not to far away
    Nm exceed twin tanks,genie extractors,sports exhaust,
    Ko2 all terrain, uhf radio, twin battery,arb bullbar,light bar.

More to come soon

Comment

• whynot
      • Jan 2013
      • Brisbane

Deepwater national park on the south, Middle rock and Wreck rocks are a nice easy drive down the sand road. Eurimbula national park on the north has camping at the inlet. When i visited it was busy with the tinnie brigade camping there so i guess fishing must be ok.
      Prado 150 petrol.
      Now gone but still have great memories of adventures - 2010 PB auto Challenger, Factory tow bar, King springs, Oztec shocks, Firestone airbags, TJM steel bar, snorkel, bash plates. Redarc brake controller, custon draws, second batery in back. Anderson plug, redarc isolator, manual circuit breaker. Towing jayco eagle outback 2005.
      Turbo replaced under warranty at 159200 klm. Engine dead at 190000 klm.

Comment

• Sam Pato
        • Jan 2011
        • Brisbane

Cheers for the reply's.

I had a look in Deepwater and went up to Eurimbula last time. Both good and very handy. I was also wondering if there's anything a bit further out worth visiting that anyone might recommend?

Do you know if there is any beach driving thereabouts?

Cheers

Sam
        Pajero NS GLX 3.2DID 2008, SPVIII, DPF Delete, Inlet Clean, ARB bullbar, Pioneer Platform

Comment

• Smiderman
          • Mar 2013
          • Brisbane

Try bottle creek, littabella, winfield and boaga all off baffle creek all a bit south good fishing crabbing etc. or middle creek just a bit north of eurimbula

Comment

• Sam Pato
            • Jan 2011
            • Brisbane

I've never ventured too far to the south so will have to give that a look. Just getting all the maps together and they all look to be withing striking distance without it being an epic. Looking forward to this is getting me through the usual pre-xmas drama at work (why do people always want stuff done before xmas?).

Is Turkey Beach worth the journey?

Cheers

Sam

Comment

• Smiderman
              • Mar 2013
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Sam Pato View Post
              I've never ventured too far to the south so will have to give that a look. Just getting all the maps together and they all look to be withing striking distance without it being an epic. Looking forward to this is getting me through the usual pre-xmas drama at work (why do people always want stuff done before xmas?).

Is Turkey Beach worth the journey?

Cheers

Sam
              It use to be great fishing, worth staying for a week of two

Comment

• aaron.miller
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2011
                • Epping, NSW

What about Kroombit tops, it's about an hr west.
                You can see the crashed bomber and great 4wding
                2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• whynot
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by aaron.miller View Post
                  What about Kroombit tops, it's about an hr west.
                  You can see the crashed bomber and great 4wding
                  Going to Kroombits Tops next March, any particular tracks you can suggest?
                  Prado 150 petrol.
                  Now gone but still have great memories of adventures - 2010 PB auto Challenger, Factory tow bar, King springs, Oztec shocks, Firestone airbags, TJM steel bar, snorkel, bash plates. Redarc brake controller, custon draws, second batery in back. Anderson plug, redarc isolator, manual circuit breaker. Towing jayco eagle outback 2005.

Comment

• aaron.miller
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • Epping, NSW

I was planning to spend Easter this year their, but damage from the cyclone closed the park.
                    Watch these two videos for some ideas, their campsite looked pretty good.

Aaron
                    2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• whynot
                      • Jan 2013
                      • Brisbane

Thanks Aaron. Travelling with a small group next march and spending 1 night at Kroombit Tops,via Cania gorge. Then on to Byfield with 3 nights at Upper Stony creek and 4 nights on 5 mile beach.
                      Prado 150 petrol.

Comment

• martialllaw
                        • Jan 2012
                        • Narangba

Going up to Cania gorge (big 4) on Monday for 3 days, planing to get to Kroombit Tops to see the bomber crash site and to do the razor back track.
                        2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• Sam Pato
                          • Jan 2011
                          • Brisbane

Well we got back last night and now I'm back at work feeling pretty glum.

We had a look in Deepwater to the South and Eurimbula to the north. Having young-ish kids I couldn't manage to drum up any enthusiasm for the 8hr round trip to Kroombit tops.

The best trip was to the Eurimbula camp ground - it was sheltered and you could fish in the estuary and the kids could paddle in the small surf round the corner. The Middle Creek camping ground was mainly a boat launch. I spoke to a bloke camping there who said he wouldn't recommend swimming as they get the odd croc there - so we canned that idea.

Deepwater is quite a contrast to Eurimbula. The beaches seemed more exposed and not so kid friendly - but it was blowing a fair bit when we looked in. I was hoping for a swim at Baffle creek but there was a back seat revolt going on so we bought ice creams at the Baffle creek store and headed back on the highway.

For anyone interested in the Kroombit tops I picked up a $wd guide in the tourist information and subsequently found an online copy - linked below. Looks really good - would be good to hear back from anyone who has a look round.

Cheers

Sam

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X