• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chunk
    • Jun 2015
    • S.A

Front CV clicking when turning

Hey guys im asumsing its the drive shaft clicking when turning not at full lock either just wanted to ask if its possible to regrease them to stop it or is it replacement which is from what i've seen is either $1200 each side or a wreckers for second hands ebay only have the v6 drive shaft for 150 each 😬😬🙈🙈
  • P4J3R0
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Brisbane

I got mine from a cv place for the ns. Cost $400 new.

Make some calls.
    NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• kiwi1973
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • New Zealand

If its clicking it is likely too late to recover it by regreasing, as it will have worn groves internally.

I would hold out for a good used one from a wrecker. The new cost from a Mitsi dealer is ridiculous, but won't be expensive at a wrecker. The Mitsubishi joints are very strong and thus preferable, whereas aftermarket is a bit of an unknown.
      2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• stumagoo
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Perth WA S.O.R

also they are no different as far as I know in the diesel to petrol for the same generation.... I know that gen 3 can vary to gen 4 due to ABS etc but I pick Gen4 are probably all the same
        1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
        *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
        1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Chunk
          • Jun 2015
          • S.A

Local mechanic can get new front cv for $320 each side and about $150 to fit each side awesome bunch of guys there also gonna get them to do my rear diff bushes

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X