X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thommos exceed
    • Jan 2008

Power Antenna replacement

Where can I get a reasonably proced replacement antenna for my 2001 Exceed?
  • Para Ordnance
    • Jul 2007

A genuine mast should set you back 80 dollars or close to it, a complete aerial motor assy should set you back too much to even worry about!

You could try aftermarket, so ring places like Repco, Autobarn, SuperCheap, etc.

Comment

• liam
      • Feb 2008
      • chadstone

hi depending on where you are i could get you a new replacement antenna
      do you need just the mast what happened to it if it stoped going up or down
      you need just the mast all you do is unscrew the locking cap turn on radio
      and pull the mast out white cable as well with it
      then insert new one if you got 2 people makes it easy one inserts the new mast and the other turns of the radio and the mast should go in then put the locking cap back on
      then turn it on and of just to make sure it has gone all the way in
      can get it at trade price for you
      cheers liam
      Last edited by liam; 04-03-08, 10:09 PM. Reason: forgot to add some thing

Comment

• bgiddins
        • Jun 2007

Hi Liam,

I've also got a problem with my power antenna on my 2000 NM Exceed - it sticks going up or down, you can hear the motor whirring for about a minute and then it stops. It never retracts, but if you give the antenna a "tap" with your hand, it will start to retract.

Is it likely I just need a new mast, or does the whole unit need replacing?

cheers
        Ben

Comment

• Para Ordnance
          • Jul 2007

If the aerial isn't going up or down, most of time the plastic cord in the mast has broken, which means you will need to open the aerial motor and remove the offending broken pieces.
          Then to fit a new mast, follow instructions as posted earlier, by unscrewing the silver base nut, and fitting new mast by operating radio on/off.

p.s: Liam, you an apprentice?

Comment

• Chris S
            • Nov 2008

I replace the arial mast on my NM pajero over the weekend (thanks to posts on this forum). I bought and after market mast from Auto Barn in Sunshine Victoria for $59, far cheaper than the $125 quoted by MM. They also quoted me $75 to replace, which obviously I saved by doing it myself.
            NM Exceed Silver

Comment

• swordfishBob
              • May 2008

The main trick with replacement is having something to undo/tighten the nut.
              The mast itself shouldn't cost so much. If anyone wants to pay me $59 I'll happily freight them a new one. Most auto-electricians and servicers of electrical appliances can source a range of OEM-compatible masts.

Comment

• snuke
                • May 2008

how do you get to the motor?

Comment

• mrbitchi
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Brisbane

Remove the plastic inner gaurd under the wheel arch. The aerial is just behind it. It'e held in by 2 nuts and the mast base nut.

Easy peasy ;-))
                  Cheers, John.
                  LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                  Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Bernoulli
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Oregon, USA

Following the instructions in this thread I replaced the power antenna (not the motor) on my NJ. $39 at Strathfield. No big deal.
                    89 3.0L 5Spd SWB Raider in NW USA

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X